Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kurian JosephYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My age is 21. I have irregular periods from past 2 years. But from june 2014 it became regular. But from january onwards again my periods got delayed. And it comes after 2months. I did pelvic sonography. It showed pcod. Is there any effective remedy for treating this problem.
Hi doctor, I'm 18 and I had oral sex with my boyfriend on 25 th august. My ovulation was supposed to happen on 26th aug and this is what scaring us the most. Though we did not have sex we are scared that what if accidentally his penis had touched my vagina. He fingered me after he cleaned his precum with his hand. Are there any chances that might have transferred any sperm into me? There was a time gap of 3-4 mins in between cleaning and putting his hand in me. This is what scares us I took an I pill with in 12 hours so as so to reduce any chances of pregnancy if there were any. I see no side affects after the pill and feel completely normal. Acc to my cycle I should get my period around 7-8 September. Please help me I'm scared and worried. thank you.
Hello doc, is taking myo - inositol prior to ivf helps in good quality eggs resulting in making good embroys? if yes then how much time one should take this drug prior to ivf? I am 40 yrs old female going for an ivf. Thanks.
I am not having regular periods, Till previous month it was all regular but this month it was 15 days late and flow is also very less. What should I do?
The word "Spearmint" probably reminds you of your favorite chewing gum. However, this special type of mint and has far reaching benefits than just a gum, some known and some unknown. Its value lies in its leaves that are used in many cultures as a part of daily recipes. Apart from that, the leaves are used to prepare a host of products such as toothpaste and mouthwash. They are also used medicinally and are one of the predominant medicines used in Ayurveda. Let us look at some of the benefits of using Spearmint.
Health benefits of spearmint
- Antibacterial Capacity: The natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of the spearmint can be beneficial in protecting your gums and teeth from cavities. Apart from that, they also take care of your bad breath and dental damages.
- Respiratory Health: Spearmint has a significant impact on the overall health of your respiratory system. It has anti-inflammatory qualities and can relieve sore throats and chest tightness. They are also used in some asthma medicines to ease out the congestion and assist in the breathing process.
- Digestion: If you are facing stomach upset frequently, look no further than spearmint. It is beneficial for digestion and can be great for the overall health of your digestive system. It is also helpful during pregnancy and can prevent morning sickness, nausea, and vomiting. It also minimizes cramping and bloating.
- Hormonal Balance: For people who are suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome or other forms of hormonal imbalance, having spearmint juices can reduce the symptoms. The juice stimulates the endocrine system and prevents complicated metabolic side effects.
- Blood Circulation: Spearmint leaves and juices can also prevent anemia and can be beneficial for proper blood circulation. They also greatly stimulate the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin. Spearmint leaves can also be beneficial in maintaining the pH levels of your skin and blood.
- Heart Health: Spearmint effectively maintains a healthy blood pressure and relieves the pressure on your arteries. They are also beneficial in controlling your cardiovascular symptoms and relieve the stress on your blood vessels and arteries.
- Stress Relief: Menthol, which one of the most powerful ingredients in spearmint, has a soothing and calming effect on your overall health. It also acts a mild sedative in some cases. Take a cup of hot spearmint tea in case you need a calming effect on your body. It can also significantly reduce the stress levels and can stimulate your nervous system effectively.
What is the cost for these std card test cost Chlamydia Gonorrhea Hepatitis A Hepatitis B Hepatitis C Herpes 1 Herpes 2 HIV 1 & 2 Syphilis What tests should I do to know my status.
Hi, I hv a cyst in right overy. Nd the periods are not stopped from last 18 days. Why it occurs nd how can I dissolve it. Wat are the dangerous thing can hppn?
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection i.e. ICSI is different from conventional IVF i.e. In Vitro Fertilization because a single sperm is selected by the embryologist to be injected by a needle into the egg rather than a dish with many sperms placed near the egg so that the fastest swimming sperm enters it. Once the sperm is injected directly into the egg, it fertilizes, after which the embryo is transferred into the womb or uterus.
Your doctor might recommend ICSI treatment for you if you have an extremely low sperm count resulting in infertility or other medical sperm conditions such as poor motility or poor morphology. It may also be suggested if prior attempts at IVF procedures have failed in fertilizing the egg or the fertilization rate is extremely low. You must also consider ICSI treatment if you resort to embryo testing or if the sperm needs to be collected from the epididymis or testicles surgically.
However, you must keep in mind that if your partner has a genetic problem resulting in low sperm count, it could be passed on to your child, if you decide to use your husband's sperm for this process.
Success Rates of ICSI:
The success rate of ICSI treatment depends on your age and your fertility problem. Your eggs are healthier when you are young and as you age, chances are that they will become less healthy.
- 35 per cent if you are under 35 years of age
- 29 per cent if you are between 35 to 37 years of age
- 21 per cent if you are between 38 to 39 years of age
- 14 per cent if you are between 40 to 42 years of age
- 6 per cent if you are between 43 to 44 years of age
- 5 per cent if you are above 44 years of age
Advantages of ICSI Treatment:
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection gives you a chance to conceive a child genetically when most other options are exhausted. Males may be unable to ejaculate on the day the eggs are collected due to anxiety. ICSI proves to be advantageous because sperm may also be surgically extracted for this process. It is extremely helpful for those couples who suffer from unexplained infertility. However, one of the most important factors is that ICSI treatment does not affect your child's physical or mental health.
Hi I am 25 and I am into a relationship with a married women who is 37 and we love each other very much and we often have sex with out condom. She has never been in to sex except her husband they both have sex daily and sometimes we both get to have sex is it ok to have sex with out condom with her and she doesn't have uterus and her husband ejaculates every day in her vagina. Is it ok if I can have sex with her with out condom.
I don't have pcod. I had got the ultrasound done and it mentions everything is normal. My AMH was slightly elevated. The reading was 5, but since pcod wasn't detected in the ultrasound the doctor told me we need not do too much about it. She asked me to take normoz to help amh come down. How will this affect ovulation and pregnancy is what I want to know.
I had my periods on 17th feb to 21st feb. But after 2 days of periods my breast are becoming very tender, sore and heavier. I'm feeling little abdominal cramps too? Is this normal? Am I pregnant?(M preparing for pregnancy)
I'm 4 days due to my period and cramping like period is coming from last 1 week and the pain is coming n going. I had never been late to my periods it's always on time. After my marriage this is first time it's late and also I'm trying to conceive from last six months. Is this is pregnancy can I test?
Each and every person on this planet has to deal with the loss of a loved one at some point of their life or the other. It is an undeniable and unavoidable part of the human existence. However, at times, the grief can affect the person so much that their psychological, emotional and physical health may be affected. Their normal day- to-day functioning may be affected as a result of their extreme reaction to the loss of their loved one. In such a case it is ideal to seek treatment from a certified medical professional such as a counselor or psychologist. If the condition is even more serious and the patient requires help to treat him or her, then it is advisable to go to a psychiatrist.
However, the following tips commonly given by mental health professionals may help to deal with such a loss:
- Accepting one's emotion: Sometimes an individual may remain in denial about the loss of the loved one or about his or her own reaction to it. This increases the negative emotion as it does not find a medium of expression. The person withdraws into himself or herself, and is slowly unable to conduct the usual daily activities. The first step therefore is to fully accept the reality of the event and one's own response to it. It can help to speak to a friend or family member about one's own response, or even release the grief by crying. Such cathartic avidities are the first step.
- Taking care of oneself: Often after the death of a loved one, an individual may become wary of his or her own condition and fail to look after himself or herself. This should be avoided. Normal diet, exercise and activities are required.
- Channeling grief into productive activity: Constantly focusing on the loss of the loved one can increase the trauma and stress. Sometimes it helps to focus on helping others, e.g. Volunteering at a charity or assisting others in some way. Even taking up artistic pursuits or any productive hobby proves to be beneficial. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.