Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Hello sir. My name is shilpa. My number of eyes is 9. please suggest whether lasik operation is best or ICL operation. please send your answer in detail.
What can be done to resolve issues with the eye pain? Both of my eyes are red and nothing is working. Please help me out.
I am getting my eyesight weak. Please suggest what should I do to get rid of this Problem. Tell what should I eat more?
My eyes were paining so badly today which never happens. What could be the reasons and measures to get it right.
My dad has eye sight of + 2. I heard cataract is common in old age. Is there any chance of cataract. How to prevent.
What is the formula of wait losing and how I am take care of my eyes please give me a sedation. I am very thankful to you sir.
Sir meri left eye m squint ho gya h ye birth se nahi h meri right eye normal h. M jab 10 saal ka tha tab meri left eye m cataract Ho gya tha Uska Maine baad m Operation karva liya tha lekin operation se puri roshni nahi aayi. Ab meri merriege h to mujhe pta Karna h ki is eye ko straight kiya ja sakta h ya nahi .is mei kitna kharcha aayega? Or mujhe saadi se Kitne Din pehle opration karvana chaiye?
I am 25 Year old male, in morning after I wake up continuously water comes in both eyes up to 10 drops, what can I do to cure?
When I take discussion at office while speaking my eyes are getting watery. Even some times ordinary time also eyes get watery like while work at seeing computer and doing work. Please tell me the remedy like any capsules or eye drops please.
I have eye sight problem and frequently I will get head ache also. And sometimes it goes to high level and I can not bear it. Even if am using spectacles also it os not decreasing what should I do sir or madam.
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
- Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
- Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
- Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
- Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
- Treatment: Steroids and antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently.
Talk to your doctor about potential complications of this irritation like eyelash loss.