Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Karuppiah K CYour feedback matters!
My age is 19 years I am a male. I get. To the point. I am suffering from from a disease which all doctors call IBS (irritation bowel syndrome. I frequently experience loose motions and cramps in stomach. It has been 2 years since I am ill. No medicines seem to help me even 1 percent. They say that this disease is related to mental stress but I do not take stress that much and my condition is not improving even a single bit. Please help me. The quality od my stool is less solid than normal (semi solid. I get cramps and pain in stomach while in toilet and every now and then. Please suggest me something. All doctors say its IBS. But somehow their allopathy treatment doesn't help me.
I'm 31 years I have been suffering from headache which remains at least 3 days continuously. What should I do?
Can you list the ayurvedic medicines for having sex twice a day ? It becomes difficult after a while to have sex twice a day.
Since past 3 months I am dealing with small-small, cuts on the inner side of my foreskin. Usually I don't feel anything but when I try to pull my foreskin back it hurts, mostly it hurts when my penis is erect and at that time I try to pull it back. At first the cuts were not visible easily but recently they have become worse. It stings when I wash my penis after masturbation. Please suggest!
Going to the bathroom for pooping is something that most people all over the world take for granted. It is nothing to be thoughtful of unless constipation has loomed in. But according to experts, occasional constipation is not something that may create any health problems when you know about the foods that you should avoid to steer clear of the situation.
- Dairy Products: Cheese or clarified butter may serve your taste buds but too much of them are bad for the digestive system. It has been proved that excessive intake of dairy products make the gastro-intestinal track sluggish to such an extent that it causes indigestion and stool problems. This is because most dairy products have a complex structure which the stomach finds difficult in breaking down.
- Highly Processed Foods: While most people have become fans of processed foods like pasta, noodles, oats and even chocolates as they save a lot of time, they are not favorable to the digestive system. Highly processed ingredients are known to contribute to constipation and bloating which feels very uncomfortable and do not allow one to focus.
- Heavy Painkillers and Allergy Medications: Drugs that contain high doses of opiates are likely to mess with one’s bowel movement. This is because the bowel is known as a receptor of opiate which means painkillers are likely to affect them. It has also been found that people who take painkillers on a regular basis have stool problems. Anti-allergy medicines generally contain high doses of antihistamines which aim to dry out the mucus and sinuses present in one’s body. This way they also dry out the poop making it hard to pass and contribute to constipation.
- Unripe Bananas: The interesting fact is that while unripe bananas can trigger poop problems, ripe and yellow bananas can help in releasing it. This is because the green and unripe bananas are rich in starch content which makes it difficult for the stomach to digest.
- Swallowing Chewing Gums: While it is not true that if someone accidentally swallows chewing gum, it would linger in the stomach for several years, too many chewing gums if swallowed over a short period, can cause blockage of the digestive tract leading to constipation problems. The situation turns even worse when chewing gums are swallowed with other indigestible substances like seeds.
- Caffeine: Though caffeine is known as a bowel stimulator, it can lead to stool problems when someone has too much of caffeine in the form of chocolate, black tea, coffee and caffeinated water when the body is dehydrated. It leads to constipation, bloating and several other bowel related issues.
The key to having a healthy bowel movement every morning is to keep oneself hydrated by drinking plenty of water and eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables with high fiber content. But if the problem persists for over 3 days, it is important to check with a general physician to determine whether there is any underlying health issue.