Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KarthikYour feedback matters!
I had very big problem of hairfall from last year and it is getting worst and wrist. What can I do. Suggest me something sir.
She was 57 ago 2 years n nw she is 80 She hs got stretch marks on her body tummy, shoulder legs arms So wat is d solution.
Under glans penis I have some small projections some are white faces and some skinny in colour. They are from last few months, they never pop up and I'm not involved in any sexual activity till now but I live in a hostel from last few years where I have to share toilet with many people. And I never felt any ache or rash there. So I have to worry about these projections or not?
I have the pimples and black spots on my face. It is been on my face for so long time. I want to be free from those black spots. How can a cure from these by natural means?
I got hair line pimples may be due to dandruff by then I put turmeric powder along with lemon juice on those (which I read on internet) later my face got dark now I have consulted a saloon they said that lemon and turmeric both causes heat so there were offering some facials which were very costly.
I am suffering from chronic acne problem from last 1 year. I have tried all possible remedies. I have taken ayurvedic treatment, homeopathic treatment and other medicine also but it didn't help. Can you please suggest me something to get rid of these acne and acne marks forever? Please help.
I have pimple on face I am use ayurvedic cream for my dry skin but pimple is more so what can I do use or not this ayurvedic cream for my face.
Till now I did not use cigarettes. But my lips are so dark. Every one is asking me that you will smoke or not. How can I glow my lips.
I have very hair fall since one month and I am used medicine but not control then what can I do? But not getting result.
Hi, I m a 24 years male, having white heads on my nose and skin nearer to it and black heads under my eyes? What should I do. Is the medication for this expensive?
Results and permanence are the only ways to differentiate between hair transplant and all other types of hair restoration solutions. The best part of getting a hair transplant done is that it feels and looks so natural that most will not be able to figure out whether you got the procedure done. This is possible due to the advancements made in medical technology in the recent times.
There are mainly two different ways to extract and transplant numerous hair follicles i.e. follicle units. Presently there are only two main techniques for hair transplantation, which differ from each other only in one aspect which is the way the cosmetic surgeon extracts the hair follicles from the scalp of the donor. The two methods are FUE i.e. Follicular Unit Extraction and FUT i.e. Follicular Unit Transplantation.
1. Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
No scalp tissue will be removed if you choose Follicular Unit Extraction method since every follicular unit is taken directly and individually from the scalp. The physician removes the hair follicles randomly, which results in less density; which most people maintain is not even noticeable. However, since the hair follicles are removed individually, the number of follicles which can be harvested in a session is very less compared to the FUT method. It is considered the best method for hair restoration in minor cases i.e. if the person does not suffer from advanced hair loss. This method boasts of a faster healing time and less discomfort.
2. Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
If you opt for the Follicular Unit Transplantation method of hair transplant, the surgeon will remove a small strip of tissue, in order to extract the hair follicles present, from the back of your head. A skilled clinical team will then harvest the hair follicles from the strip and transplant them to the recipient areas individually. If you have advanced hair loss, you should opt for this method instead of FUE because the physician can deliver the best results and guarantee you satisfaction utilizing the entire scalp area. You may also choose Follicular Unit Transplantation since it ensures most number of grafts which can be transplanted in a single session.
Related Tip: "When to Go for Hair Transplant"
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure where hair is surgically implanted on the head. You can opt for this procedure, if you suffer from hair loss and bald spots on your head. The surgery comprises of shifting hair follicles from one part of the head to another. Mostly, hair follicles from back of the head are relocated to the balding areas.
The reasons when you can opt for a hair transplant are
- Involutional alopecia: It is a form of alopecia where the hair growth tends to decrease due to ageing resulting in thinning and shorter hair. The follicles remain in the telogen phase (resting phase) for an extended amount of time. You may opt for a hair transplant surgery to correct this disorder.
- Male pattern baldness (Androgenic alopecia): Androgenic alopecia is a condition which is characterized by a gradual receding hairline, especially along the temples. This is caused due to the testosterone hormone being converted in to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes shrinking of the hair follicles. If you are affected by male pattern baldness, then you may opt for a hair transplant surgery.
- Female pattern baldness: Females may also be affected by baldness which is characterized by loss of hair from the top of the head and gradual thinning of hair. It may lead to self-esteem issues; so opting for a hair transplant surgery is recommended.
- Traction alopecia: This type of hair loss occurs due to exertion of external pressure on the hair which may cause it to fall. If the hair does not grow back then it would result in a bald patch. Thus you may opt for a hair transplant procedure if you suffer from this disorder and experience loss of hair.
- Trichotillomania: This is a psychological condition where a person pulls out his/her hair. If excessive hair is lost resulting in bald spots, then you may opt for hair transplant surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.