Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. KartheesanYour feedback matters!
I suffer from severe pain on my foot (right or left) occasionally thus making me completely immovable for 2-3 days. I have high blood uric acid and local doctor has diagnosed this problem as gout (from uric acid). The medicines prescribed are - 1) Cap. Indocap SR, 1 CAP ODPC x 7 days 2) Tab. Zempred 8, 1 Tab. BDPC x 7 days 3) Tab. Zyloric 300, 1 Tab. ODPC x 10 days 4) Cap. Pantop 40, 1 Cap. ODAC x 7 days And has asked for Tests of Blood for Uric acid, TD, DC, ESR, Hb% and RA Factor. What should else I do to overcome and avoid this type of situation in future. Please help...
I am a 23 year boy. And while I am walking a sound is coming on the bottom leg joint. Is it a big problem?
I am having pain on the right side under ribs then this pain spreads directly on back side, this pain occurs after taking meal. Can you tell me what is the cause of this pain.
I have dislocated shoulder arm in my right side and in left knee is there any treatment for this in ayurvedic.
I have with my knees. I feel pain during running and using stairs. I have consulted many doctors and have done some exercise for quads but there is no relief. Is there damaged cartilage. Please sir give me some advice.
I am 21 years old I have pain in heel in right leg from 1 year n I suggest from my doctor he told me for laser therapy n what is your suggestion.
Sir, I am 51 years old, working woman with hypertension (unknown cause as diagnosed by Physician) for the last 24 years (after pregnancy) and taking tablets for hypertension (Losar H and Angizem CD 180) one each daily. Also having sinusitis occasionally, especially in winter season. I am also suffering from pain in left hand for one week. Wish to get your valuable suggestions.
Sir my friend is only just 16 years old. He had surgery in knee that over growth or swelling in knee exostosis in knee. How many days will it take to get normal after surgery and CAN he masturbate after surgery in just 15 days,what are the side effects.
Dislocation refers to an injury, which causes the bones to abnormally separate from each other in the joint, which is the meeting place of the bones. Dislocation causes intense pain and is most common in the fingers, shoulders and the elbows. Although a timely diagnosis can make your pain go away, any future injury in the tendons or the ligaments might bring back the injury.
What can cause a dislocation?
The causes of dislocation are as follows:
- A body joint can get dislocated if you have suffered a fall.
- If you are into any form of sports that requires strenuous physical activity and intense exertion on certain body parts like gymnastics, football or volleyball you have a chance of suffering from dislocated body joints.
- Automobile accidents can also cause dislocation of joints.
- Some People who are with a loose ligament and are more likely to get a dislocated joint than other people. This may happen without the influence of a major physical trauma or stress.
Understanding the signs and symptoms
In the majority of the cases, a dislocation of the joint is easily detectable as it induces inflammation along with redness and deformation of the affected area. Some of the other symptoms that might occur as a result of the dislocation of the body joints could be:
- You might experience severe pain while moving the dislocated joint.
- There will be a lack of sensation near the dislocated portion.
- There might be a stinging sensation in the dislocated area.
- In certain areas you may not be able to move the joint at all
If you have a dislocated joint, the doctors can easily relocate them. Depending on the amount of swelling and pain you are experiencing, the doctor might administer local anesthesia during the process. If the joint dislocation is too severe or has multiple instances of dislocation, then you may have to undergo surgery. Surgery may also be suggested if the adjoined ligaments or tendons are severely affected along with the joints.
Hello doctor. I have got a cramp on my right hand arm muscle. I can move my hands freely but some times at some point a nerve inside pains. How to cure it. Any home remedies.
I have bone joint pain problem from 5 year. I was concerned many doctor they only given me calcium tablet. But no result of that tablet. At time I am doing only excess.
I am 67 years old male. Still working for an industry. Recently I am getting pain in my leg knee joints and I am unable to fold and sit comfortably on floors. Sitting on chairs, climbing up, walking, etc--i have no problems. Please suggest.
I have a back problem because I usually lift more weight daily. Please can you give me some appropriate medicine to cure this.
Sir I have some pain in my backbone I have taken medicine but could not get relief please advice me some good medicine that I will be cure.
Rheumatoid arthritis an overview: Rheumatoid arthritis usually stiffens the smaller joints of a person's body. Rheumatoid arthritis is a very common phenomenon affecting millions across the world. It is characterized by severe symptoms like swelling of joints, stinging or throbbing pain, heat and burning sensation around the joints, excessive weakness and inflexibility after sitting for a long span of time. A problem such as this if left unattended can lead to inflammation of the salivary glands, tear glands and of the lining of your lungs. Homeopathy comes to your rescue without requiring you to deal with an array of side effects.
Homeopathic medications to deal with rheumatoid arthritis:
- Arnica is a sought after medication in every household: The Arnica plant has been used for its medicinal purposes for so many centuries now. Arnica is known for its efficacy in treating rheumatoid arthritis. A patient of arthritis could be suffering from inflammation of joints in his or her hands and legs; Arnica can be relied on for relief in such cases. This medicine helps to reduce pain that prevents you from getting a full night's sleep. That apart, it can also counter the effect of muscle cramps and muscle stiffening.
- Pulsatilla can be helpful for patients of arthritis: Pulsatilla can successfully control inflamed pain in several joints of your body. The kind of pain it defends your body from keeps shifting. A sudden stabbing ache might be felt in your wrist but the very next moment it could be in your elbow.
- Bryonia is effective in treating arthritis: An experienced homeopathic practitioner will advocate the use of this medicine if the patient shows signs of intolerance to warmth or hot weather. Bryonia comes to the aid of people with rheumatoid arthritis who experience alternate pangs of tearing and stitching pain. Patients say they feel slightly better when the painful side is in pressure or is being reclined on. Bryonia can fight swelling even in the serous membranes of your joints.
- Causticum can cure muscle weakness: It often happens that a patient of arthritis complains about frail muscle support. Standing upright after sitting at a stretch can make them feel wobbly in their joints. Muscle tendons may contract giving rise to deformities. Causticum successfully deals with all of these issues. A person diagnosed with fidgety nature, especially at night and known to feel burning in his or her ankles is mostly asked to take causticum.