Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. KartheesanYour feedback matters!
I'm a professional Badminton player, but now I'm suffering from Severe back pain. Suggest me some good exercise to get rid quickly.
I have a little back pain in right side, after running of 1-2km. It pains for 3-4hours. And after it, I feel relief from it.
Sir I have a rapidly pain in my backbone so please suggest me a good idea to get relief from my pain.
A swollen knee occurs when excess fluid accumulates in or around your knee joint. Your doctor might refer to this condition as an effusion in your knee joint. Some people call this condition "water on the knee."
A swollen knee may be the result of trauma, overuse injuries, or an underlying disease or condition. To determine the cause of the swelling, your doctor might need to obtain a sample of the fluid to test for infection, disease or injury.
Removing some of the fluid also helps reduce the pain and stiffness associated with the swelling. Once your doctor determines the underlying cause of your swollen knee, appropriate treatment can begin.
Signs and symptoms typically include:
Swelling. The skin around your kneecap can puff up noticeably, especially when you compare the affected knee to the normal one.
Stiffness. When your knee joint contains excess fluid, you might not be able to bend or straighten your leg completely.
Pain. Depending on the cause of the fluid buildup, the knee might be very painful — to the point that it's difficult or impossible to bear weight on it.
When to see a doctor
See your doctor if:
Self-care measures or prescribed medications don't relieve the pain and swelling
One knee becomes red and feels warm to the touch compared to your other knee
Meri problem hai bachche ki shaadi ko 9 saal ho chuke hai meri pareshani hai ki main dischatge jaldi ho jata hai or ab to ghutano mein bhi dard hota hai jabki meri or wife ki reports normal hai fir bhi.
The fracture in my left femur subtrocantetic region since 13 nov, 2013 has gone in nonunion/extremely delayed union. Nailing, bone grafting with lower fixed screw removal, lower dynamic screw removal on 24/9/2014 done. Earlier fracture in right femur on 12 jan, 2010 took more than 4. 5 years to unite after 5 operations. Kindly tell me solution for early union.
I have pain in my right arm for the last four months now I have also observed that there is a swelling in the under arm and near collar bone at right side. Pl suggest what to do.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.