Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Karpagam. SYour feedback matters!
Mam its my first pregnancy although every thing is normal m dilated 3cm as well but I did not feel lightening of the baby that is why m a bit concerned about how to help baby engage as I do not want a c sec. M not sure if the baby has engaged or not but not feeling that much of pressure on blaďder as people say they feel after lightening. M taking regular 20 min walk even squatting 5 times in a day. What else could I do. M feeling my stomach still high.
I AM A 52 YEAR OLD FEMALE. HAVE STARTED MENOPAUSE ABOUT 2-3 YEARS AGO WITH OCCASIONAL SPOTTING. OF LATE SAY FOR THE PAST MONTH I AM EXPERIENCING SLIGHT PAIN IN MY LOWER ABDOMEN SOMETIMES IN THE RIGHT SIDE SOME TIMES IN THE LEFT. I AM ALSO SUFFERING FROM LUMBAR DISC PROLAPSE AND HAVE LOWER BACK PAIN SOMETIMES. IS THE PAIN IN MY ABDOMEN DUE TO SOME PROBLEM IN MY LIVER/KIDNEY OR IS IT THE BACK PAIN THAT RADIATES TO THE FRONT. MY LFT AND KFT RESULTS ARE NORMAL THOUGH I WAS diagnosed WITH MILD FATTY LIVES ABOUT A YEAR AGO WHICH GOT CORRECTED WITH MEDICATIONS. PLEASE ADVISE.
Doctor my gynecology gave me siphene 50 mg tablets for 5 days I have to take 2nd day to 7th day now my question is how much months I have to take she told 6 months. In 6 months after I will conceive or before please clarify And when we have to do intercourse I have regular cycle now 29 to 32 days.
I am suffering from irregular period. And my stomach and waist pain a lot. So I use hot water bag as its warmth provide relief in my pain. So is it wrong or right to use it in period?
When it comes to giving birth, vaginal delivery is considered to be the most natural process. However, several women nowadays opt for C-section or Cesarean section to avoid the labour pain that accompanies natural birth. If you are pregnant and weighing the pros and cons of natural and C-section delivery, here are a few things to consider.
The Pros of this method of delivery are as follows:
- From the psychological perspective, women who undertake a vaginal delivery have a positive birth giving experience. Women undergoing this method think they should be present in the process.
- The recovery time for women opting for vaginal delivery is shorter. The mother and the baby can make skin contact right after the delivery, which enhances the bonding process.
- Babies who are born through vaginal delivery develop much fewer medical complications. There are fewer respiratory problems, allergies and the baby can start breastfeeding soon.
The Cons of vaginal delivery are as follows:
- Vaginal delivery is a stressful process for the women undergoing it and the time required cannot be predicted. Some deliveries take less time, while others may take hours.
- Usually, there are no cons for the babies who are born via vaginal delivery. In very rare cases, brain injury can be experienced.
The pros of this type of delivery method are as follows:
- Many women choose Caesarean sections to avoid long labor hours. Planned C-section surgeries enable the mother to plan the birth. Better control is acquired over the delivery, which can be predicted properly.
- In case your baby is large, or if you are carrying twins, C-section is the best delivery option.
- If the mother has diseases such as HIV or the mother's blood has a high viral load, C-section surgeries should be opted as the risk of the infection being passed on to the baby is decreased.
The cons of Cesarean section surgery are as follows:
- C-section is a major surgery and a long time is required for recovery. There may be risks of infection, but they can be prevented by caring for the surgical wound properly. C-section delays the breastfeeding process and the mother cannot have immediate contact with her baby, which can affect the bonding.
- Some babies, delivered through C-section may have respiratory problems. C-sections may also cause complications, such as problems with anaesthesia.
While both processes have their pros and cons, it is best to discuss with doctor to understand which process will suit you more. Depending on your pregnancy and whether there are any complications involved, your doctor will suggest the best way possible.
I have all test during pregnancy like blood sugar, chromosome analysis, karyotype, BP etc, but all test normal. I have not any problem like illness, BP, loose motion etc, during pregnancy. I have all right during pregnancy but in the seven month the Amniotic fluid found. Before seven month like 5 and half month I scan everything is all right but when I scan end of seven month Amniotic fluid found. I have go in PGI Chandigarh they are not found any reasons of this fluid. Please tell if I delivery before seven month it is safe for my child. I have already lost three child cause of Amniotic fluid. Please give me solution.
Hiii. I am trying to conceive for 5 years. But not getting successful. Then I opt for IVF. But that is also not success. Can I go for second chance.
Hello doctor I am 39 year old married woman I have swelling in uterus last two months what should I do please tell me doctor.
Turmeric is a plant of the ginger family that is often used in Indian cuisines. This plant has a long history of medicinal use, and it’s most studied active ingredient has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial and antiviral activity.
Historically, turmeric has been used to treat pain , stomach and liver ailments , many skin conditions like sores, eczema and skin rashes.
Excess inflammation is always present in Hashimoto’s thyroiditis (the suffix "itis" denotes inflammation in the thyroid gland .It is most common cause of Hypothyroidism). Turmeric can be helpful in reducing whole body inflammation
Studies of the effect of curcumin, the active ingredient of turmeric on the thyroid gland and autoimmunity have showed encouraging results.
Curcumin showed tumor inhibiting activity in thyroid cancer.
Curcumin was protective against the genetic damage and side effects induced by radioactive iodine that is sometimes used to treat Graves’ disease (hyperthyroidism)
Curcumin has anti-inflammatory benefits that can be helpful in down-regulating autoimmune conditions
While curcumin can also boost glutathione (an antioxidant that's often depleted in Hashimoto's)
Use of turmeric helped in reducing pain , increase in energy , improvement in mood and an improvement in thyroid antibodies
Daily intake of curcumin in a typical Indian diet may be anti-inflammatory, however, curcumin is cleared from the body within one hour or so
Combining curcumin with piperine, (found in pepper), extends the life of curcumin in the body, helping it to stick around longer.
I also made Turmeric Tea (recipe below) twice per day
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of ginger
pinch of pepper
pinch of cinnamon
juice of one lemon
sweetener to taste (Stevia is Dr.Tanvi’s top recommendations)
1 cup of hot water
Directions: Put all ingredients in cup of your choice, top of with boiling water and mix!
Thank you for Reading it. I hope it will be helpful to you.