Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Karpagam. SYour feedback matters!
Dr. Meri wife ka 1 baar misscariage ho chuka he Usko Bhut weakness he. please tell me uski Weakness ko kese Door kru me. Ki fir se misscariage na ho ske. Kabhi..
6 half pregnant. Continuous pain and irritation and an itchingbfeel in left and right side while lying in bed. Why it is and what is that.
I am 26 years old married housewife. My period is not come regularly. What can I do? Please give me advise of above problems
Doctor I am getting married very soon Me n my fiance do not want baby before 3 to 4 yrs Can we go through copper T Or protections like condom n pills I am afraid if by chance my wife gets pregnant after using protection too If dere kind of pills which can b took on regular basis after intercourse Which n lower the risk of pregnancy.
During sex the vagina gets totally dry and penis does not go inside at all which leads to disappointment. What is the reason and what is the cure or treatment? Please help it is spoiling relationship.
She missed her period since last month and she did a pregnancy test, which came positive, please tell me any legal actions which will be taken to her if she's more than 18 years of age but unmarried.
Last week I had unprotected sex with my girl friend. But in the same day she had unwanted 72. Unfortunately there is no such bleeding till today. What needs to be done to avoid pregnancy. Please advice.
I am 30 years old, since marriage 5 years completed, I am not getting pregnant, the problem is one uterus wall of the fibroid size is 1cm, another one is right tube blockage. Please suggest is possible to conceive by simple treatment.
Hii I had unsafe sex with my husband now I want to stop my pregnancy due to our present situation. Only once we have participate the unprotected sex. We dont know I am conceive or not. Please help me. I missed my periods this month. So getting tensed.
Hi, my wife is 39 weeks and 4 days pregnant. We are waiting for her labour pain. She is having a kind of pain that occurs only at nights. She felt like a pressure that starts from the lower back and her stomach becomes harder. It comes at random intervals but not during day time. She feel very weak during the pain and the pain sustains for 15 seconds. What should we do? Her due date is on 26th of this month.
I have problem of leukorrhea Since long time I had also taken ayurvedic, homeopathic medicines too. But no use all in vain After taking baba ramdev their is a little difference but not very satisfied. Suggest something.
Hi my age is 21. I am a female. Actually yesterday I has some kind of vaginal spotting .I thought that my periods have started because my date in the previous month was 14th but I am only having drop drop yesterday only three drops I do not know what has happened .Do I need to visit a doctor? Plus I do some exercise daily I do rope skipping upto 100 repetitions yesterday I did 200 is that a reason or is there ny other reason. I am really worried.
Dear mam, I want to discuss my problem about conceive the baby. I am 30 yrs old. And have one child of five years with operation with no major complications. And now I want to conceive second baby. For which I tried for six months. But not successful. I am having pain in during mensuration cycle and flow of blood is less than normal. And feel like swelling. Is what type of problem I have ?
The top 5 reasons to eat broccoli are:
1) A high intake of broccoli has been found to reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer and may also help prevent heart disease.
2) Averaging just four weekly servings of veggies like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower slashed the risk of dying from any disease by 26% among 6,100 people studied for 28 years.
3) Broccoli contains a flavonoid called kaempferol which has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes broccoli potentially useful in assisting with chronic inflammatory ailments, such as arthritis or gout.
4) This dark green veg also helps your body absorb vitamin D. This is due to broccoli’s high levels of of vitamins A and K, which both aid in the healthy absorption of vitamin D.
5) Broccoli may have a positive impact on our body's ability to naturally detox. This is possibly due to three phytonutrients found in unique combination in broccoli - glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian, and glucobrassicin. This nutritional trio is able to support all steps in body's detox process, including neutralization and elimination of unwanted contaminants.
How to eat broccoli?
Broccoli is usually boiled or steamed but may be eaten raw and has become popular as a raw vegetable in hors d'œuvre trays.
As the benefits of broccoli are thought to greatly reduce if boiled, light steaming is a far healthier way of cooking it. Scientists have also discovered that steaming broccoli lightly releases the maximum amount of sulforaphane.
In today's world, the number of working moms all over the world is more than ever. Such women have a huge two-fold task of balancing between work and home, which includes looking after their children and managing their work at office. Balancing the two ends can make life hard for a working mother.
Here are some effective ways to find balance in motherhood for working mothers:
- Find good child care: While you are out for work all day, it is very important for you to get a good babysitter or nanny for your child. You could should seek references from people and find a patient and quality babysitter for your child. It is important to manage and evaluate the babysitter on all the criteria you require. An experienced and friendly sitter would make your child comfortable.
- Keep the morning easy: Get things organized at night so that you can keep the mornings hassle free. Use the mornings to prepare your child’s lunch and laying out clothes. Plan all kinds of family schedules during this time.
- Maintain a family calendar: You should maintain a calendar to figure out the priorities of your family. You can maintain bill payment dates, a chore calendar for your kids, a list of all important events and other required charts. This will enable you to maintain everything, in spite of your busy schedule and enable you to strike a better balance.
- Stay connected during daytime: You should try to stay connected with your children, even when you are away. You should call them frequently or send them cute messages or voice recordings and videos. This will keep them happy and they will miss you less. They will be more comforted and feel loved that you are near instead of being away at work.
- Keep away from distractions and time wasters: You should stay disciplined and maintain a limit on making phone calls or checking mails. Try to do these activities when your children are asleep. Cut down your television watching time and spend the evenings with your partner. When you are spending time with your children, do not multitask and give them your total attention. At work, try not to waste time and return home as soon as work gets over.
- Arrange family activities: You must make time for your kids in order to nurture your bond and get along with them. During their growing up phase, your child requires a major chunk of your time. Make special family dinners, watch movies with your family in the home theater and engross in different games. Spending time with your partner is also very important.
Life is quite difficult for working mothers who have to balance work and family together. In order to maintain a balance, follow the above-mentioned measures and lead a happy and fulfilling life.
Last time I got my periods was lst month 5th dis month till 2 day ie 21 din t get my periods aft 10 days ie on 15 I started eating cycle reg fr 4 days but still I din t get my periods and I checked pregnancy test at home it z negative and oso got a scanning done showing no formation of gest sac on 18th of this month .wht may be the cause of delay.
It's my 21st day suffering from chicken pox. 99% of my scabs have fallen. I am a bit weak although. I was fine uptill morning but today afternoon the weather was cloudy and a cool breeze was blowing, I went to my balcony for not more than 5 mins and a few drops of tiny rain drops struck my head and body and since then I am feeling a bit uneasy, that is a bit drowsy, just a bit lazy kind of feeling. I don't have temperature and I am sweating as usual as well. Is it any serious matter? If yes then what should I do? And what all restrictions do I need to follow after chickenpox and for how long? Please fo help. (Footnote: My mother is suffering from chickenpox as well since 8 days)
Hi. I am a software engineer. Am 30 years old and 3 years since got married. I am having pcod and thyroid. I have undergone ovarian drilling last month. What is the chance of me me getting conceived naturally? Any diet recommendations? Or dos and do nots?
Vaginal itching is a condition which occurs when the vagina comes in contact with irritants or because of a vaginal infection. Menopause may also lead to conditions that trigger itching in the vagina. In some cases, sexually transmitted diseases and skin allergies also lead to vaginal itching. The conditions in itself is not a major cause of concern, however, one should consult a doctor to treat the underlying condition, if any.
The main component of vaginal itching is the trigger, as there can be many of them. The various causes of vaginal itching are-
Irritants: Vaginal contact with certain irritants can be the cause behind vaginal itching. Some common substances that irritate the vagina are:
Skin Problems: Certain skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis can result in itching and redness in the genitals. Eczema is a condition which is akin to allergies. Psoriasis is a condition which is characterized by itchy, scaly and red patches on the skin. These symptoms may slowly start spreading to the vagina.
Infections in the Vagina: Infections in the vagina such as bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection can lead to vaginal itching. In addition to the vaginal itching, they can also lead to a foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
Menopause: During menopause, the estrogen levels in the body dip, thus resulting in a dry vagina. A dry vagina can sometimes lead to vaginal itching.
Stress: Excessive stress can lead to vaginal itching as stress affects the immune system in the body. A weakened immune system makes one prone to a number of disorders, vaginal itching being one of them.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases: STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia are disorders, symptoms of which include itching in the vagina.
The treatment for vaginal itching begins with a diagnosis of the underlying condition that might be causing it in the first place. The treatment for this disorder is cause specific; hence the underlying condition needs to be identified. Antibiotics and antifungal medications may be administered to treat vaginal itching. For menopause related causes, estrogen creams or tablets are required.
You can also take preventive measures such as:
Avoid using scented soaps.
Use protection during sex.
Wear cotton based underwear.
Eat plenty of yoghurt.