Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KandasamyYour feedback matters!
My son is 5 months and 8 days old. He leave to take mother milk. And we started to give him cerelac. please advise is it right time to give him these things. And what we do to make him to take mother milk. Thanks.
Hi. I am from India and my son is 2 years 5 months. His birth weight was 2.89 kgs. He is a very fussy eater. He does not drink milk while he is awake, so I have to feed him with a bottle when he sleeps I am giving him tonoferon drops and ostocalcium syrup but not regularly. Please suggest if I can add all change his Iron and Calcium supplements.
My daughter Is 15 months old. Can I stop breastfeeding. Moreover, I have started developing nipple cracks since 1 week. I don't know the exact reason. Please suggest
Sir I am suffering from throat infection for last four days, despite of all naturopathy efforts, i.E. Neti etc. I am a chronic UTRI patient, but things remain in control with naturopathy efforts. Please suggest the remedy.
Asthma is a condition that can flare up anytime; be it at your child's soccer practice or during the middle of the night. Whenever the condition sets in, it leads to your child struggling for breath. For a parent to witness this situation can be hard; but you should know the techniques to keep the situation under control.
Here are a few tips on how to manage the situation:
1. Find out the triggers in your home: Asthma is triggered due to substances that your child may be allergic to. Examples are cigarette smoke, fur of pets and dust. If possible, keep your child away from the known triggers so that the condition does not flare up again.
2. Keep records of the following: It is good to have an action plan ready for your child when the bouts of asthma strike. When you visit the doctor to discuss about your child's condition then make sure that you have these records at hand.
- The triggers that caused the bout of asthma
- How many times did your child have wheezing episodes?
- The number of times your child has been admitted for the same reason
- The medications that your child is currently taking, dosage and/or whether they have been changed
- How often does he/she need medications if he/she has acute symptoms?
3. Knowledge of the test your child may require: Asthma control test is a type of test that allows parents and children to grade asthma symptoms without a doctor. A pulmonary function test is used to detect the capacity of the lungs and flow of air.
4. See how your child responds to the treatments: You should consider changing the treatments for your child if he/she has recurrent symptoms of asthma attack and require frequent visits to the Emergency Room even after taking medications for an extended duration.
5. Long term treatment plans require patience: Any asthma treatment plan requires patience as they might not immediately cure symptoms. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
My 11 month old son will keep on getting up at nights he won't sleep well even in morning afternoon . Because of that I am not having proper sleep. And I feel very tired. I have back pain too. For me c section. I feed him well. Will change diapers at nights. All perfect. Pls help doctor's.
My Breast milk flow is very low. My 1.5 month baby is always Hungary .my milk is not sufficient for him. please give any suggestion or prescribe tablets.
Dr. I have a 4 month baby girl. She has a hair in her forehead. please tell me how it can be removed. Also please tell me can I give juice to my baby?
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.
My baby is 5 month old having Pulmonary atresia with Vsd, one BT shunt operation has been done pls suggest if full correction is possible without open heart surgery. Kuldeep Verma9810881171.
4.5 Yrs, 15 Kgs, he does not want to play and eat much like other. If he does by force the Vomiting starts then and the pain begins between lower part of the Knee and toe of only one leg. It is turned to both legs at a time once. That time the legs became very cold and does not walk more. He generally takes normal diet five times in a day (i.e chat, rice, Milk, Biscuits, Horlicks, Hand made Bread, and some vegetables). I (Father) already consultant with three child specialists according to them that is growth pain. Please give me some advise.
Hi doctor. My daughter is 18 months old. By mistake we have given her a dose of 2.5 ml in morning and 5 ml in the night of Alerid Syrup. Can you pls advice whether it leads to any problems.
My baby is taking harder to go bathroom and he has to breath harder yo do it Soo, any suggestion for a free motion for my child? He is 2 months old.
You can exercise for healthier gums as well. Gently bite down so as to make sure that your teeth make a clinking sound when they meet. Repeat this 30 to 40 times continously. This exercise will stimulate the flow of blood and will keep your gums healthy.