Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. KanchanaYour feedback matters!
Whenever I drive bike my eyes become red and I m not able to view other vehicle properly. Please suggest a solution for this.
Respected Sir/mam, My friend is suffering from severe Keratoconus disease is there any cure for it in low cost.
Good morning my wife is suffering from half right side head pain. And her eyeled is going to down. So many of nuro doctor we visit but no relief. Some time half body pain. Unbearable pain and swelling on face. What we do pls help.
I have weak eye sight one both are 9/6 but I don't use specs my eyes are always swollen and headache problem also. please guide.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
From 7 years I have a problem of redness of eye. 1st it used to effect my right eye. One doctor prescribed me refreshing gel and acupat and told to continue it for 2 months. After that for almost a year I was free from it. From past 6 months my left eye is effected with the. Same problem. I consulted many doctors and according to them it is an allergy. They told me to use acupat eye drops. I am just fed up with this eye redness. Can anybody suggest me a permanent cure?
I have a blur in my eyes once in a week. After that I have a severe headache. Headache continue that full day what is this illness.
I got lasik 5 years ago but now again my eyesight became weak. And at times I get headache becoz of dat .can you please tell me why it happened.
I have red eyes and head deck from last 5 days I don't knw what can I do please tell me what can I do for it.
Iam a 19 years boy and iam getting pain in my eyes and neck pain at nt I have habit of chatting at nights and some time I feal like my eyes are coming out and how I reduce or control the pain of my eyes and neck what care should I need to take.
Especially those who work on laptop, tabs, pcs etc.
Last three days I tried to sleep. But I can't. Sleep is not coming in my eyes. I want to sleep. Even I took the medicine also still it's not coming. Tell me what I need to do.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.