Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. KanchanaYour feedback matters!
I get red eyes after taking a nap. I have no glasses and whenever I watch the tv or use my mobile phone I do wear the 0 no. Glasses. But still my eyes get red and tears come in my eyes a lot. What should I do for this.
I am diabetic patient 57 years of age blood sugar under control. I got some problem with lower jaw tooths. If the same is extracted, I heard side effect on eye and Ear. Please clarify.
I lost a lot of weight suddenly and beause of that I got sunken eyes I'm trying really hard to pop the eye out but nothing seems to work please help me I apply almond under eye cream too. Please suggest me something that would work within a few days and the skin under my eye would pop out again also don't suggest expensive procedures as I still am a student and won't be able to afford it please suggest a cheap and effective method.
Glaucoma is a disease that damages your eye's optic nerve. It usually happens when fluid builds up in the front part of your eye. That extra fluid increases the pressure in your eye, damaging the optic nerve.Glaucoma is the second largest cause of eye blindness in the world.
There are several types of Glaucoma:
- Open-angle Glaucoma
- Normal-tension Glaucoma
- Angle-closure Glaucoma
- Congenital Glaucoma
- Secondary Glaucoma
- Glaucoma suspect
How will you know that you are suffering from Glaucoma?
Only half the people with glaucoma are aware that they are suffering from this condition. When Glaucoma develops, there are usually no early symptoms. This is why glaucoma can 'steal' sight gradually.
- In its early stages, open-angle Glaucoma has no obvious symptoms. As the disease progresses more blind spots develop in the peripheral (side) view.
- An attack of angle-closure Glaucoma includes the following:
- Severe pain in the eye or forehead
- Redness of the eye
- Decreased vision or blurred vision
- Vision rainbows or halos
If you get any of the symptoms rush to your doctor and take an eye exam as soon as possible.
- Eye injury
- Inflammation of the eye
- Dilating eye drops
- Blocked or restricted drainage in your eye
- Use of steroid-containing medications (pills, eye drops, sprays)
- Poor or reduced blood flow to your optic nerve
- High or elevated blood pressure
Who is at Risk for Glaucoma?
People with more risk of developing Glaucoma include people who:
- Are over age 40
- Have family members with glaucoma
- Have high eye pressure
- Are farsighted or nearsighted
- Have had an eye injury
- Have diabetes, migraines, high blood pressure, poor blood circulation or other health problems affecting the whole body.