Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamesh R YadavYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old guy. For last a couple of years, my mouth starts stinking after a couple hours of brushing and till the end of the day it worsens. I feel awkward to talk getting close to people. I don' t chew any tobacco or any such stuff so why does it happen. Please help!
I have yellow teeth, I need to clean my teeth and I want white teeth please tell me remedies to cure it?
Hi, I am having toothache it seems wisdom tooth. Should we need to remove it or any another method to cure the same?
My teeth are yellow even if I brush daily. I have tried toothpastes but yellowness does not reduce. Please prescribe me some good toothpaste for this problem. Also tell if there is any other remedy for it. Thanks in advance.
Respected Mam, I M 5 Month Pregnant meri akal daad me lagbag 8 month pehle half kide ne ka li thi us time me doctor ke pass gayi thi to usne lagbag 15 din dawai kane ko di. But jab maine conceive kar liya to me nahi gayi. Us time mujhe koi pain bhi nahi tha but ab pain bhi hota hai or daad me khana atak bhi jata hai. Usi row me uperside me ek daad me black kida lad gaya hai me 2-3 din se paresaan hu khan chabha ke khane me taklif hoti hai of side me atak bhi jata hai plse tell here me kya karu actualy kisi ne bole the dentist hard medicine dete hai jis se baby pe effect hoga.
I am 25 years old. Blood s coming in my teeth roots frm past 1 year. How to stop that please suggest.
Hi, I am 38 years old female, I have hair loss and back pain and tooth loss from 5 years what should I do doctor?
Is there a treatment for bad breath? I should I go and ask the doctor abt it? And also which hospital offers treatment for bad breath/halitosis.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.