Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Kamala ThanapandianYour feedback matters!
I am getting marriage at my first night is it necessary that I have to wear a condom or I go for direct because I heard that without a condom it may cause STD due that I am afraid so please suggest.
Green tea is believed to be one of the healthiest beverages. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which have a positive effect on the body. Some of the benefits, which it provides are lesser risk of cancer, fat loss, and an improved function of the brain. The latest study about green tea reveal that it boosts memory and can make you smart!
Listed here are some of the most amazing health benefits of having green tea which have been backed by research:
- The presence of bioactive compounds in green tea helps to improve the health. It is enriched with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which are considered to be powerful antioxidants. These reduce the free radical formation in the body thereby, protecting the cells from damage.
- The compounds found in green tea helps to improve the brain function, thus making you smarter. The main ingredient is caffeine. Though not as much as in coffee, it is enough to create a response. Caffeine blocks Adenosine, an inhibitory neurotransmitter and increases the neurons and thus the concentration of the neurotransmitters like the norepinephrine and dopamine. It also has an amino acid L-theanine which increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA. Caffeine and L-theanine work together to improve the brain function.
- The antioxidants found in green tea can actually lower the risk of cancer. The oxidative damages lead to cancer and antioxidants have a protective effect against cancer. As green tea is enriched with antioxidants it reduces the cancer risk. Milk should not be added in this tea as it reduces the value of the antioxidants.
- Green tea lowers the risk of Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Thereby, protecting the brain in old age. Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative disease, which causes dementia. Parkinson's being the second common neurodegenerative disease also involves death of dopamine, produced by the neurons of the brain. The bioactive compounds of the green tea have multiple protective effects and reduce the risk of these disorders.
- The dental health can be given a boost by drinking green tea. The catechins found in green tea stop the growth of certain virus and bacteria. This helps to lower the risk of infections and in turn improves the dental health, halitosis and caries.
- The risk of type 2 diabetes, which is considered to be an epidemic disease can be lowered by having green tea. In diabetes there is an increased blood sugar level and green tea improves this insulin sensitivity.
- Green tea lowers the LDL and total cholesterol. It also protects against the LDL particles from oxidation. This is turn is believed to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
My friend sister is getting pain in left side of the breast last 10 days. Local Doctor has advised it may be tumor. Please advice good lady Doctor. Thanks,
Making brain feel sluggish or drowsy or exhausted depends on the interplay between few brain chemical norepinephrine dopamine n serotonin. Norepinephrine and dopamine make you alert and serotonin makes you calm and drowsy. Food for a good concentration level. Egg, sprouts, fish, flax seed, walnut improve brain performance and prevent brain illness Alzheimer, depression. Antioxidant-rich fruit and veg like apple, strawberries, mangos, lemon, are great for brain. Vitamin b complex, beta carotene n vit c are important in preventing free radical damage of the brain. They also play a vital role in energy generation in preserving attention n memory.
I'm a breastfeeding mother. If I don't bath for 1 week and more than. It somehow create any problem to lose milk?
What are the required medical test examination to check fertility level. I mean a woman can conceive or not. Need an information about rubella.
Hello sir/Madam Sir while I am doing sex with my wife, I am not lasting for a long time. I mean within some 20 second I am ejecting. Sir what shall I do, to do for a long time. Shall I use manforce, is it safe? Thank you sir.
Sir she is pregnant &suffering from pregnancy diabetes .6 month ago she's lost her baby and then she is 4 months pregnant. So future me baby ki delivery normally ache se ho uske liye kya precaution kiye pls suggest.
Egg freezing is a female fertility preservation method in which a woman's unfertilized eggs are stored so that can be used to conceive at a later date, when natural conception would not be likely. The eggs can be preserved for women who are not ready to have a child at the moment. This method is also used for women who are at a risk of infertility because of medical reasons like cancer.
Frozen eggs can be stored for long years without much deterioration. When a woman is ready to use the eggs, they are warmed and fertilized with the sperm. Since, the aim is embryonic development and the developed eggs are transferred into the uterus to promote fertilization making it possible for the woman to conceive.
The process of egg freezing:
The process of egg freezing involves several steps. They are:
- Hormonal stimulation: Hormonal stimulation is given in the form of injections and this can be done by the patient herself. This will get the eggs ready. The injections may make the woman feel bloated up, but there are no severe side effects.
- Egg collection: The eggs are collected from the ovaries via an ultrasound probe, which is inserted into the vagina. A needle is run inside the probe and passes through the vaginal walls into both the ovaries. The eggs are separated from the ovary and the patient is given general anaesthesia.
- Vitrification: This process takes place in the laboratory where the eggs are frozen and is called vitrification. The eggs are rapidly frozen in a process where all fluids are extracted for prevention of ice crystal formation. After successful vitrification, the eggs can be stored for many years.
Egg freezing is a new procedure and it is too early to make a graph of its success rate. The age of the woman is an important factor which determines the success rate. According to a research, it has been found out that for women under the age of 35, one cycle of stimulation produces ten to twelve eggs out of which seven to nine can be used for storage. It is estimated that around 90% of the eggs would survive future warming, 50 to 80% of the eggs would successfully fertilize and 80 to 90% eggs would develop into embryos. The success rate is less in women above 35.
Female fertility preservation refers to the preservation of eggs to be used for fertilization at a later date. Egg freezing is a common fertility preservation process. Egg freezing cannot guarantee pregnancy and the birth of a healthy baby and the outcome of frozen eggs cannot be known for sure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.