Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamala Thanapandian
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Kamala ThanapandianYour feedback matters!
I had a miscarriage and had surgical abortion d and c procedure I bled for 2 weeks then I stopped this is awkward to ask as the doctor asked us try for after 2 menstrual cycle so on the 15th day after the d and c procedure I asked him not to insert the Penis inside but however the sperm fell on the clit area is there any possibility that I could be pregnant? Now it has been 5 weeks still I didn't get my periods. Is it ok to have a Child soon after d and c?
Is it essential to surgery in case of cyst in overy (size 8.0 to 8.5 cm). I want to avoid surgery, and want to recover with medicine. Thanks.
I am 42 years old, diagnosed with genital herpes 7-8 years back. There were few small episode of breakout but this time its almost 10, days. I am using neem oil to get some relief. Is there 100% cure from genital herpes please advice.
After conceiving how many days after the symptoms start? Does it start immediately after the fertilization.
Sir, actually I have a question to ask, I am a married guy, and I don't want any child right now but after 4 or 5 years I need a baby, everyone telling me that if we don't give birth a baby within 1 year, then it will effect on my wife pregnancy later. Sir will you just provide us your useful view on it.
Hello doctor, I have a problem that my wife do not eat ghee and do not have milk. She is 25. She pregnant for 5 months. Whenever she see ghee and milk, she starts to vomit. She has been suffering from this problem for 10 years. My mom says that ghee is very helpful to recover after delivery. Else she will be so weak. Me and my wife are so worried. Please help us. please tell me if is there any substitutes. please help us. We are not able to pay so much money due to poor financial condition. Thanks. Regards.
My wife has toxoplasmosis test report with Rubela Igm negative and Rubela igg positive with value 79. What do you interepret with this? And what you recommend?
Ajwain or carom seeds are the best thing to have ever happened to mankind, especially to those of us who suffer from digestive problems on a regular basis. They have a slew of benefits apart from just curing an upset stomach.
Let’s take you through the benefits of ajwain water or carom seeds boiled in water.
- Acidity: Carom seeds are the best bulwark against acidity, especially when taken along with ginger powder and cumin seeds. For curing flatulence, carom seeds work best when they are soaked in lime juice, dried and then consumed with warm water daily. This works as a miracle against flatulence.
- Asthma: Ajwain water cleans mucus from the body and provides relief from cold and cough. Apart from this, it also helps in treating bronchitis and asthma. The effects are even better if you take ajwain with jaggery twice a day. For best relief from cold, inhale the steam of carom seeds infused in hot water.
- Irregular menses: Ajwain water is an excellent remedy for getting regular periods.
- Liver and kidney malfunction: Ajwain water treats intestinal pains caused due to indigestion and also gets rid of liver and kidney malfunctions.
- Weight loss: Ajwain water taken on an empty stomach every day helps dissolve body fat and helps to reduce weight. You can also consume 1tsp of carom seeds on an empty stomach every morning to reap its weight loss benefits.
- Tooth pain: Ajwain seeds have been proven to cure tooth pain. Ajwain oil mixed with olive oil and water is an excellent panacea for tooth ache and bad mouth odour. This mixture also maintains oral hygiene.
- Itching, boils, and eczema: Ajwain seeds ground into a paste with lukewarm water and applied on the affected parts of the body can get rid of boils and itching.
- Arthritis: A massage with carom seeds oil on joints affected with arthritis is an excellent way to get rid of pain.
- Trembles: Ajwain soaked in water in the night and consumed the next morning on a daily basis is useful in treating trembling and shaking of limbs.
- Eye cleanser: Cold ajwain water can be used to wash itchy eyes for cleaning them.
- Flu: Carom seeds boiled with cinnamon powder in water is one of the best natural remedies for flu.
- Diarrhea: Ajwain water taken twice daily is an excellent cure for diarrhea.
- Menstrual cramps: Carom seeds work as a nerve tonic and are used to relax nerves during menses, decreasing menstrual cramps. You can also apply carom seed oil on the lower abdomen to get relief.
- Heart: Ajwain water can cure chest pains. You can add jaggery to get instant relief.
- Lactation: Ajwain water is excellent for lactating women as it increases milk flow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
If you are a woman, you are probably taking a calcium supplement daily. It is because you were told by your friends or your health care provider that calcium is essential for optimum bone density as you age. But calcium is not just for bones and teeth. More and more studies witness the fact that there is hardly any body system in a human being that doesn?t benefit from a healthy dose of calcium. Let?s analyse that bit.
For calcium you may take sesame seeds, almonds, soya beans, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, kelp, parsley, olives, rhubarb, spinach, prunes, dandelion greens, broccoli, celery, crayfish, yogurt, ricotta, blue vein, castello and cultured cheese in your daily diet. Cow?s milk is a rich and welcome source of calcium except for those with diabetes, lactose intolerance, and those with a perpetual dislike for milk. Yet, cow?s milk is absorbed without hiccups (pun intended) by a child only until the age of 12 or 13 or even before that. As the child enters adulthood, it loses the power to extract calcium from milk. And an excess of milk in the diet may backfire causing indigestion, kidney stones, arthritic complaints and the like.
Perhaps, only a doctor can tell you about the utilization of calcium and its relationship with Vitamins A, C and D, parathyroid and iron. But I can definitely summarise the health benefits of this so called ?miracle? mineral discovered by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808.
Scientists have come up with an interesting finding that calcium can play a role in longevity. Though calcium intake has shown no significant relation to cancer, it is found to decrease the risk of heart diseases and ?all-cause? premature mortality by reducing blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
Calcium is important for one?s overall well being. Next to building up bone density, it helps in nerve transmission, heart function, blood-pressure regulation, blood clotting and many other body processes.
It is needed for muscle contractions. So athletes, watch out on your calcium levels.
An expert also points out that calcium can decrease the PMS stress by half. Thanks to calcium, the users experienced less irritability, mood swings, depression and other symptoms associated with Premenstrual Syndrome.
Calcium can thwart mid life weight gain and obesity. High calcium diet may deplete the fat cells through increased energy metabolism.
Calcium ensures better absorption of iron, the deficiency of which can cause anaemia.
Once in adolescence, a child can take almond milk, soya milk, sesame milk or goat?s milk for calcium and for easy digestion. Thus bringing down cow?s milk to the minimum.
chamomile Have a cup of chamomile tea after meals for a healthy supply of calcium and enhanced digestion.
Along with minerals like phosphorus, magnesium and vitamins A, C and D, calcium is the miracle mineral that can help your body to build, heal and repair.
You need to drink adequate amount of water (8 oz. Of water) with calcium to enable full absorption of the mineral.
However, it is not wise to frantically increase your calcium intake due to the risk of kidney stones and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and hypercalcemia. The recommended dose of calcium through diet (not supplements) is 1,000 milligrams on an average.