Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KalavathyYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old unmarried female. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5 ft 2 inch. I have problem regarding my menstrual cycle. I always have regular periods. But its being irregular from july I got periods on 18 july for 5 days normally after 16 june But then It did not happen in august And directly on 19 September for 5 days Then on 9 october for 5 days And now its happening again from 25th october. I do not know why it did not happen for 2 months and then happened after 20 days and now in 10 days. Should I be worried. Or is it normal Note: I am a healthy girl But I suffered from viral fever in july for a month And after that my blood pressure went low And I had a deficiency of vitamin B12 in September But that is all cured by consulting doctors and taming injections and medicines. Is my menstrual problem related with this? Please help. I am unmarried and not involved in any sexual activity.
Summer is at its peak and the mercury level is rising by a notch every day. The scorching sun gives even more reasons to constantly hunt for some cooling and soothing foods which can comfort us. It is the time of year when you get dehydrated easily due to excess sweat and perspiration and that's the time when you want to reach out for something cold like sodas, beverages or even cold water. This is where we go wrong because anything extremely low in temperature can actually constrict our blood vessels and affect the heat loss process in our body. Here are a few tips you need to keep in mind to keep yourself cool:
- Increase your water intake: In high humidity conditions, you do not sweat adequately due to which you cannot release heat efficiently from your body. That is the reason why you need to drink enough water at regular intervals even if you are not thirsty to cool your system.
- Have eatables high in water content: Eat a lot of fresh fruits, raw salads and lightly spiced foods. Fruits and veggies are easy to digest and high in water content and hence help in hydration. Avoid fried and junk foods as they take time to digest and require a lot of water. Spicy foods can also increase body heat.
- Grab naturally cooling drinks: Drink naturally cooling beverages like coconut water, lemon juice, buttermilk and sugarcane juice, etc. Rather than aerated soft drinks, caffeine, and alcoholic beverages as they contain sugar and other preservatives which act as diuretics and can cause loss of water from the body. You can add sabja (tulsi seeds) to drinks as it has a cooling effect on the body.
- Have curd: Curd is excellent as it increases friendly bacteria in the gut and improves digestion and boosts immunity.
- Include veggies in diet: Add veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, spinach, beet etc to add to the extra water in your diet.
- Small meals: avoid heavy meals at one time as it can cause acidity and affect digestion. Rather eat small meals to feel light and keep your system active.
- Don't forget raw mango: In the summer season, raw mango is a special fruit and is extremely good to prevent sunstrokes and weakness. Raw mango juice also known as aam panna can help balance electrolytes in the body. You can also have raw mango in any form like adding it in bhel, salads or making a dish out of it.
You can divide your day's meals as per regular timings like:
Breakfast: 2-3 fresh fruits (this can help to neutralize your stomach acids and make you feel light and active as they are natural sources of energy).
- Mid morning: a glass of buttermilk/ coconut water (to refresh you).
- Lunch: salads + 1-2 rotis + veggies + thin dals (you can add or subtract the rotis as per your appetite and requirement).
- Evening: fruit yoghurt/fruit smoothie (they are filling, nourishing and cooling).
- Dinner: stir fried veggies/ chilled soups + grilled chicken/ steamed fish/ low fat paneer/ tofu + jaljeera/ lemon juice (to keep your dinner light and help you wake up afresh).
Stick to the plan and stay cool this summer!
Dr. meri marg ko one year hua he. Meri pregnency ko five month hua he abhi. Mere husband ke sath pregnency me sex kar sakti hu kya?
Helo Dr. Muje apne periods circul thik krne ke liye muje kon si madican lene pdege. I-pill lene se mere periods late hote h and muje diet m kya lena hoga. please suggest.
Hi doctor, I had been married for 3 years now and want to get pregnant. But one information I would like to tell that I have severe menstrual pain during my period days for first 3 days. Sometimes I have to take painkillers injections. My sonography results shows that all my reproductive organs are alright. How can I get rid of the pain and get pregnant. Kindly advice doctors.
I took ipill after 7 days I got little bit bleeding nd headache vomiting 3 times please tell its safe or not?
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is one of the popular Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) for treating infertility and helping couples to conceive.
But lack of understanding about the IVF treatment has given rise to a number of myths such as:
Myth 1: IVF never fails but is always successful
The success of the procedure depends on a number of factors such as quality and quantity of embryos and age. It is said that chances of conception decreases with age, with women above 40 reporting reduced fertility potential as well as success rate. On the other hand, women below the age of 35 have about 41% chance of getting pregnant.
Myth 2: IVF increases your fertility levels
Instead of making you more fertile, IVF stops your natural fertility cycle. This is usually done through hormones that are taken at the beginning of the process. The aim of such an action is to essentially put an end to your natural fertility process and create in its place an artificial cycle.
Myth 3: It causes you to have triplets or twins
No, it's not necessary for multiple births to take place if you opt for IVF. You can reduce the prospect of having twins or triplets by cutting down on the number of embryos that get inserted into the uterus.
Myth 4: IVF hormone injections make you prone to uncontrollable emotions.
In actuality, IVF hormone injections don't cause you to suffer from out of control emotions but make you happier. This is because they come packed with the female hormone oestrogen, which produce endorphins (brain chemicals) that give you a sense of wellbeing. The wave of emotions that you end up experiencing is a result of the stress and anxiety surrounding the success of a cycle.
There are two main ways of finding out if you are pregnant - getting your blood tested, and doing a home pregnancy urine test. In order for these tests to give you a clear picture, you need to wait until the right time i.e. until you've missed your period. However, there are several early signs of pregnancy that can give you an indication that you might be expecting.
1. Shortness of breath - Do you find yourself losing your breath on the stairs or when you walk for a long period of time, more than you usually do? This could be a sign of pregnancy since the fetus needs oxygen, leaving you feeling a little breathless even when you mildly exert yourself.
2. Sore breasts - If your breasts suddenly start feeling a little heavy or you feel like they have grown and your areolas seem slightly darker, it could be one of the first signs that you are pregnant.
3. Fatigue - The increase in hormones in your body during a pregnancy could lead to you feeling a lot more tired. If you end up exhausted after a normal day this could be because women tend to feel extreme tiredness during their first trimester of pregnancy.
4. Nausea - Around 6 weeks into a pregnancy (sometimes earlier), women tend to feel nauseous. This usually subsides as you enter into your second trimester. Feeling nauseous could be a sign of pregnancy. You can treat it by eating things that help settle your stomach like crackers and soda.
5. Frequent Urination - If you notice yourself needing to urinate more than usual, it could be a sign of pregnancy. This happens because your body is now producing extra fluids that cause your bladder to work extra.
6. Headaches - An early sign of pregnancy is experiencing frequent headaches. This happens because your body is now suddenly dealing with a lot of excessive hormones. To deal with the headaches make sure you take a pregnancy safe painkiller instead of a normal one.
Everybody has a way of expressing itself if only we take the time out to listen. If we really pay attention to these tiny reactions, detecting a pregnancy early, that is even before you skip that period is possible. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi I had my periods by Feb 25 and by March 3rd I had intercourses with my hubby. My cycle is 28 days. But still I dint get periods. Is that I am pregnant I am more panic pls help me with and.
Hi Sir, Im 23 yrs. I got intimate with my fiance on 21 may (no penetration just rubbing genitals n fingering). After 6 days I got my periods on 27 may. On 8 June I did urine pregnancy test thrice all were negative. Could I be pregnant? What are chances of missing my next periods (of june) since the timespan between the act and periods was just 6 days? I have been having back pain, too much nausea n lower abdomen pain. What could be the reason. Am I ok since I got my periods? Please help sir.
Magnificence frequently is a tedious procedure; to be exact, it requires the steady and legitimate care, normal visits to the beautician, nourishment, wellness and expert salon treatment.
We as a whole realize that our hair needs supporting.
Yet, few of us realize that notwithstanding supporting, hair likewise needs purging.
We clean the face and body, disregarding the scalp, in spite of the fact that this system is extremely valuable to our hair.
On the off chance that we need to inspire everybody with our rich hair, we require always take think about our scalp. In all actuality, we can just influence our hair through hair globules, since they are the main piece of the hair that is "alive", while the unmistakable piece of the hair shaft is viewed as "dead".
Change the nature of the developed hair is considerably harder than to fortify the hair follicles.
How frequently we overlook that the quality or delicacy of the hair relies on upon the condition and soundness of the scalp. Wonderful, solid and sound hair is dependably the aftereffect of an adjusted and solid hair skin.
Welcome to the world of – SCALP PEEL (Scalp exfoliation!)
The method is the evacuation of dead skin cells, the decimation of unsaturated fats that collect on the surface of the scalp.
Scalp peel is an uncommon salon treatment; it enables you to dispose of dead skin particles and remainders of skin/hair beauty care products for example, colors, gels, and in result, you get more dynamic and voluminous hair. Skin exfoliation is important to reestablish the supply of oxygen to the skin, to build procedure of recovery, to dispense with abundance sebum, to enact blood dissemination, evacuate dandruff, and soothe scalp tingling.
Scalp Peel is appropriate for all skin sorts, however your skin ought to be free of harm, splits and wounds, it is better not to peel promptly after hair shading – it accelerates the blurring of hair shading.
What are the advantages of the scalp peel?
It conflicts with dandruff! To be sure, the essential driver of dandruff is a brokenness of the sebaceous organs.
Scalp peel – a standout amongst the best techniques to battle male pattern baldness/hair loss.
Exfoliation enhances sustenance of hair roots.
It animates hair development.
It enhances scalp tone, filling it with oxygen.
After the peeling, hair better retains supplements.
Prevents the improvement of dermatitis on the skin
There are two sorts of peeling – Mechanical and Chemical.
Mechanical Peel is a scrub, which evacuates dead skin cells.
Chemical Peel contains different acids, dynamic and comparative segments. An expert beautician can get the elements for a substance peel in light of client`s skin sort and condition.
How regularly would it be advisable for you to do it?
Try not to surpass once in 1-2 weeks, in light of the fact that the treatment is extremely concentrated, its impact will keep going for quite a while.
How it functions?
Amid the technique, the scalp is cleaned with the purging arrangement taken after by a ten-minute back rub. Keratinized particles of epidermis are evacuated, alongside the color deposits, hair mind and styling items, skin begins to "relax." It cleans the pores, expels poisons, enabling new hair to get substantially less demanding through to the surface.
Blood stream enacts the hair globules, upgrading the development of new hair and fortifying existing ones.
The ideal recurrence of the methodology is once in a month. With consistent shedding, you can overlook numerous issues related with the scalp and, in addition to other things, increment the thickness of hair (despite the fact that this will be a long procedure).
She is having periods in 15-20 days cycle since last 4 months & is thinking to visit a doctor but 3 days ago she took I pill so is there any need to tell the doctor about I pill?
After intercourse my wife feels irritation, itching and pain in her genital. She also don't get fully wet before and during intercourse. We are married since 2 and half years. Now we are planning for a baby and suddenly this problem appears. Please suggest.
I just had vaginal delivery 5 weeks ago. Having a white discharge but my doctor saying its normal after delivery. I was asked to do urine examination in result 40-50 white pus cells found in my urine. What does it indicates. My doctor says it's due to white discharge I am having. Please confirm I am worried.
I am 50 yrs old, got my periods last on feb 7, though the flow was very scanty, but of late I m feeling very hot and its not controlable please guide.
There are certain ways in which families can stay together without any emotional problems that pull them apart. Here are some of the effective formulas in order to create a great emotional bonding:
- Learning: Families are the place we learn qualities, abilities, and conduct. Solid families oversee and control their learning experiences and methods. They set up an example of home life. They select suitable TV programs. They manage their youngsters into the world outside the home. They do not give social powers a chance to lead their family life.
- Dedication: Solid families have a feeling of inter-dependence and dedication toward relatives. The family sticks together. They remain by each other during times of inconvenience. They remain standing for each other when assaulted by somebody outside the family. Devotion works through affection and wellbeing, needs and favorable luck, disappointment and achievement, and everything the family faces.
- Adoring: All people want to love and to be loved; the family is regularly where love is communicated. Love is the mixing of physical and mental harmony. It includes protection, closeness, sharing, having a place, and emotional space. The environment of genuine love is one of trustworthiness, comprehension, tolerance, and forgiveness.
- Responsibility: Individuals from solid families are committed to the prosperity and joy of alternate individuals. They believe in family solidarity. Responsibility serves as a firm establishment for solid family connections.
- Appreciation: People from solid families show and discuss their gratefulness for each other. Alongside our requirement for affection, our most vital human need is the requirement for appreciation. One of the reasons why we work so hard in life is not inspiration by cash, power, or position; it is the yearning to feel valuable.
- Correspondence: People from solid families work at growing great relational abilities and invest a ton of energy chatting with each other. They discuss the little, insignificant things and additionally the profound, vital issues of life. Correspondence is the backbone of connections - the way love and different feelings are communicated.
- Time together: Healthy families invest energy and quality time in expansive amounts with each other. A few families may state, "We do not get to know one another all in all family, yet what little time we are as one is quality time.” The reviews on solid families demonstrate that both quality and amount are important for good relationship arrangement and upkeep.
- Spiritual well-being: Whether they go to formal religious administrations or services, emotionally healthy relatives have a feeling of a more prominent, greater power in life; and that conviction gives them quality and reason.
- Adapting capacity: Individuals from strong families can see stress or emergency as a chance to develop and learn. They have great adapting aptitudes. A past filled with critical thinking gives the confidence to manage most things that comes our direction.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!