Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.Suryakumari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.SuryakumariYour feedback matters!
I am four month pregnant ,it is my second issue .so wat kind of diet shud I take this month which can help d development f baby, as I do not want to increase much of my weight.
Hi Sir me 30 year ka male person hoo. Meri saadi ko 5 year ho gaye magar koi child nahi h. Couple ka test hua to meri report negative aai. Meri sperm count nil show hui. Me bahoot paresaaan hoo. Kai doctor se medicine li. Magar thoda responce hota baad me phir nil ho jaati. Or ab to panis me jabardast kami aa gayi h or wo chota hota ja raha h. Kya karo please jawab dijiye. Plz.
I have 2 queries 1: Yesterday my wife saw some brownish sign on the bathroom floor she is not sure whether is it blood or something else so how to now that baby is safe? My wife had last period date on 23rd April 2: After how many weeks chances of miscarriage reduce to nil or very low ratio.
Cushing syndrome or round face syndrome, as some like to call it, is a hormonal disorder that is relatively uncommon. It is all about the stress hormone called Cortisol and how it can throw off the body systems. Read on to know the causes and symptoms of this disorder. But first of all, let us know what exactly is the Cushing syndrome?
When an individual's body is exposed more to a particular hormone called Cortisol, he/she may develop a condition called as Cushing syndrome. This can lead to unusual and uncomfortable symptoms. However, this condition of hypercortisolism is completely curable and the patients can continue to lead a normal life. Cushing syndrome is more common in women than in men and occurs mostly between the age of 25 to 40.
Symptoms of cushing syndrome
- Excessive weight gain and obesity
- Fatty deposits that tend to accumulate in the midsection, face (causing moon facies) or between the shoulders and upper back causing a hump
- Fatigue and muscle weakness
- Thinning skin that is prone to bruises easily
- Purple stretch marks on the arms, thighs, abdomen and breast
- Cognitive dysfunction with increased anxiety, irritability and depression
- Women can experience extra facial and body hair with irregular or absent periods
- High blood pressure and high blood sugar levels
- Low sex drive and erectile dysfunction
- Weak bones and osteoporosis
- Children with this ailment tend to obese and experience slow growth rate
Causes of Cushing Syndrome
As mentioned above the major cause of Cushing syndrome is the high production of Cortisol. This hormone is produced by the adrenal gland that sits on top of your kidneys. The prime reasons of over-production of Cortisol can be:
- High-stress levels
- Depression, panic disorder and high levels of emotional stress
- Athletic training
Also, another prime cause of this syndrome is the use of corticosteroid medications, such as prednisone, in high doses for a long period. These prescriptions are often given for conditions of asthma, organ transplant, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. A tumor in the pituitary gland that is located at the base of the brain or a tumor in the adrenal glands can also lead to excessive production of Cortisol, thereby leading to Cushing Syndrome.
Diagnosis and treatment
Diagnosis is done by your doctor to determine the cause of the excess production of the hormone. Tests can include:
- Blood Test or imaging scans
- Dexamethasone suppression test
- 24-hour urinary free cortisol test
- Late-night salivary cortisol level
Treatment will vary with the actual cause of the disorder. Medications to decrease cortisol levels or block them can be given.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
All these five great elements are present in living organism in the form of three biological humours called Vata, Pitta & Kapha.
Vata is a Combination of Air & Space. Pitta is combined with Fire And, Kapha is a Combination of Water & Earth.
In Ayurveda Vata(वात) Pitta(पित्त) & Kapha(कफ) are termed as Tridosha(त्रिदोष).
Tridosha are the forces which govern the body's all physical and psychological activities. If all these dosha are in balanced state, an individual is said to be healthy But due to any reason if any of these dosha gets vitiated or imbalanced, one gets suffered from Disease.
while dealing any patient, an Ayuvedic physician try to make his diagnosis by analysing the levels of Vata, Pitta, & Kapha in the body.
Bringing Back the imbalanced Dosha status in to Balanced Status is the main goal to be achieved by Providing proper diet lifestyle and Ayuvedic Home remedies or Herbal combinations.
Hi mam my last periods date is January 15 till I did not get periods. I took b hgc test and it showed 0.17 as result, am I pregnant now.
Meri deleivery 2nd February ko hui thi aur apne baby ko breast feed nhi kara pa rhi hu milk bahut hi km aata hai kya karu please rply.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.