Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.SuryakumariYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I had sex with a call girl before 8 weeks. I used condom at that time. I have done Eliza yesterday and test result was "non reactive" so I believe I don't have infection. Please confirm do I need to check again. Thanks.
My wife has two abortion in 9 months between abortion 2 _2 months so please advise what process if next time Good pregnancy no chance again abortion please advise.
I am 29 weeks & 6 days pregnant, my baby is flipping between head down and breach position. Is this alright or is there any reason for me to be worried.
Hi I am 26 years old female. My last period came on 19 april 2015. What are the days when my chances of being pregnant is higher. Also let me know how chances of getting pregnant can be increased.
I'm infected with syphilis for past one year I already took 6 penidure 12lac injections weekly once but its not been cured.
My wife age 27 she is pregnant but child was not growing & abortion was done by doctor. After 4mnth of abortion we tried again but she was not getting pregnant. Follicular study was done. After ovary size 40 mm HCG 10000 Injection given by doctor but egg not rupture & size was increase around 55-60 mm it become in form of cyst. Please reply why she was not getting pregnant.
I am a pregnant of 4th month but regularly i'm suffering with abdominal pain and vaginal infection that mean white discharge and severe itching what should I do can you please help me.
I am having facial hair growth over chin and a little around cheeks. It started 2-3 years ago when I got some medications for my irregularities in periods. Please suggest a safe treatment for me.
I had a lover. We both have sex on 22/1/2017 and she got monthly menses as usual on 11/2/2017, and she didn't get her 3rd month menses till now. Is there any chance of pregnancy? Help me plz.
I have missed my period, yesterday was my date. What medicines should I take to avoid pregnancy? In case I get positive results.
Hi sir My wife is 28 yrs. She is having pus in urine with rythmic fever and vomiting She is also taking medicines for conceiving please Suggest how can this problem overcome of pus.
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
Postmenopausal women taking calcium and vitamin D supplements had improved lipid profiles compared with those taking placebo as per a new study.
In an analysis of data from the Women?s Health Initiative, the level of LDL cholesterol was lower by an average of 4.46 mg/dL in the women on active treatment reported Peter F. Schnatz, DO, of Reading Hospital in Pennsylvania in the journal menopause.
In addition, higher concentrations of 25?hydroxyvitamin D3 (25(OH)D3) were associated with higher levels of HDL cholesterol and lower levels of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
At what days should I have sex to make my Wife pregnant as her periods falls from 30 to 35 days am trying but not succeeded suggest me?
Drinking warm water early morning and at bed time is very necessary to keep your gut healthy and toxin free.
I had sex on 1 st march. But we use protection but the condom had broken and slightly it may touch vagina. So can I be pregnant? Actually I had periods on 17 th march but till now I did not have. M I pregnant?
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea. Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium Phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Mostly, menstrual pain during menses is due to hormonal irregularities and cysts of ovaries or uterus. So, in case of complaints, we need to access these also while selecting remedies. Constitutionally and symptomatically selected medicine in Homeopathy will help the patients get relief.