Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.SrikanthYour feedback matters!
Im 22 male. I had a recent visit to malaysia and singapore for 20 days, after few days of return I began to have cough which was severe for 3 days and it reduced in the following days I have a very very minimal pain when I swallow saliva (only when I note it) I do not have any problem in eating or drinking water. I still did not have any medications. Should I give medical treatment for this.
Ive been chewing tobacco since too long but now my jaws and skin has so much stiffed up that I can not open my mouth properly. If I try to do so it pains alot. My dentist told me to remove the last tooth of the upper side, Is it safe to rove upper tooth? Can it effect the brain?
I have to fix my front teeth I lost only one but Doctor told one teeth cannot be fixed so they grained another two teeth then they fixed a crown set of three teeth and I enquired about dental implant but they told success of implants are very rare so better to go for crown. Please suggest on this now I am looking for implant treatment weather I can go ahead?
I have continous sensation in my front teeth. Also my wisdom teeth are coming out. Because of this I am having headache. I am a working woman & hence cant go to the doctor frequently. Kindly suggest as it is getting worse with each passing day.
I am 27 years old, am using colgate complete tooth paste regularly. Recently I consulted a dentist and asked about the best tooth paste and he suggested me do not use branded tooth pastes, recommended me use stolin-R. My doubt is, what should we verify when we choose the paste, will you please suggest tooth paste which is best for all oral problems,
Hi sir I have oral problem some time my mouth smiling and bleeding so what can I do for my teeth and mouth.
He s complaining every day more salt in food eventhough its, normal. Sometimes he complains about salt taste in tongue. Any suggestions to cure this.
Sir/madam, Im sanjeev 28 years old. I want to know that is it safe teeth cleaning in a dental hospital I heard that enamel may damage sometimes and give me suggestions to clean teeth in a natural way and also suggest me which tooth paste is best one.
Sir/Ma'am, I have a front teeth gap around 5mm and it's really embarrassing. Tried to contact dentists in the regional hospital but they said I would need braces, is there any alternative and what would be the cost for the same? Thank you.
Hello doctor, my problem is that I can not open my mouth last 5years properly, I have take vitamin a capsule, antioxidant capsule but no effect in my mouth so please help me what can I do.
Hi I wear braces and I brush twice a day. But I ate at least 5 times a day. So even if I rinse properly, a few food particles still get stuck to my wires. I need your advice on how to deal with situation and how can this affect my treatment?
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.