Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. K.S.RamakrishnanYour feedback matters!
I have feeling very I'll for few days I have red eyes. In my stomach very few problem are be take. Please I will take best medicine for my health.
Does eye power of 0.5 qualify for eye sight 6/6? What is the meaning of A1 criteria medical in govt. Jobs?
I m 20 years old boy I have got blur eye sight its troubling me during college lectures I can't c anything frm board is there any solution that you may giv because I dnt wanna wear glasses.
I had operation on my lower side of right eye. Doctor told calazia sist. But after 3 days I am not completely cure. When I will join my office and work properly. Now if I read something water comes from eye. Is it curable properly?
Sir I feel not batter from last 5 6 day. And also I have headache and pain in eyes. Sir please suggest any medicine.
I am a boy. My age is 19. How can I avoid laptop and mobile, and how can I concentrate into my study? And I sleep long time in a day. How can I limit my sleeping time?
I was interested in knowing different treatment options for keratoconus in my left eye. Just to give a back ground, I was operated for keratoconus in my right eye through deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty(dalk) way back in 2006 and the results were outstanding. Then problem is I am a working professional and cannot afford to be off work for a long period of time, which I will have to do in case I opted for dalk again. My treatment was undertaken at rp centre delhi. I heard about a new corneal cross-linking treatment done using riboflavin and uv exposure to cornea. I am not sure if this has still made it's way in india. Any guidance I can have will be much appreciated. P. S. Lasik in not a recommended treatment for keratoconus since thickness of our indian cornea is way less than the avenue thickness as in other western countries.
I travel 4 hrs a day and because of that my back started paining and I do not get sleep at night and there is black spot under my eyes. Whats should I do?
I have red eyes for three days what I should done then my eyes become normal without any side effect.
Hey doctor I am suffering from serious body pain. And eye pain from 9 days please help please reply fast.
We are surrounded by light from everywhere on all sides. Wherever we go, there is some source of light, be it natural or man made. However, exposure to bright light in excess can cause strain to your eyes and if this is continued your vision quality might decrease.
Here are some ways you can adjust light in order to lessen eye stress and to increase your visibility:
Make adjustments in your workplace:
According to studies, it has been shown that half of people who work in front of computer screens every day suffer from eye strain. Not only the computer, but the entire lighting around your workstation may also be causing damage.
- Reduce the brightness of interior lights. Many offices have bright, fancy interior lighting. Use of light bulbs and fluorescents should be lessened.
- In case of the presence of a window right behind or in front of your work desk, more strain is imposed upon your eyes because of the reflections on the screen. You should change the place or use dark, thick curtains or coat the glasses with anti-reflective material in order to reduce the glare.
- The blue light emitted from the computer causes a great amount of eye strain. You should adjust the brightness and keep it as low as possible.
Improve your home lighting:
For people who spend a lot of time at home working, adjustments should be made to the lighting in order to reduce eye strain.
- Avoid reading in a dim light room. This can give you headaches and produce eye strain. Any kind of activity where a lot of focus is required in dim or poorly lighted environments causes damage and strain to the eyes.
- Use desk lamps, reading lamps, under cabinet lights in the kitchen and other types of lights everywhere you work.
- If you work in a place for more than an hour, a nearby light would make it less stressful for the eyes.
For people with low vision:
- For people with less power of vision, proper lighting is a must. A 60-year old man would need to double the amount of light to carry out any activity which a man of 30 years would require.
- People having disorders such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and similar vision disorders need advanced lighting and should consult a doctor for ideas on improving their home lighting.
The presence of proper lighting improves our concentration, our ability to read, and we can differentiate between colors better. Therefore, always opt for the best lighting to avoid giving stress to your eyes.