Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Nagappan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K. NagappanYour feedback matters!
My left leg from the knees to the thighs is paining, if sleeping I cannot get up from the left side. If I sit on a chair and getup after sometime I have to stand for sometime and then start walking my knees pain, I cant walk down the steps as my knees pain. But if I do some yoga asanas like surya namaskar it does not pain. Can you tell me the reason
I have severe headache since last 3 days. Also I can feel a lot of pain in my neck. I have no tension or migraine related problem. I can feel my nerves are not relaxed when I touch them.
I had undergone physiotherapy several times but there is no relief. I have MRI report says double level lumbar and torso-lumbar advanced scoliosis's alignment of the examined range of the vertebrae included. Spasm of the back muscles. Left lateral and minimal anterior slippage of the body of L.V.3 over that of L.V.4 secondary to fracture existing pars of L.V.3.Another first-degree spondylolisthesis is seen between L.V.5-S.V.1 secondary to pars fracture of L.V.5..Significant advanced spondylo-degenerative Mr. changes of are seen along the examined vertebral range. Multiple posterior endplates osteophytes and posterior discs bulges are seen across the examined disc spaces minimally effecting the corresponding nerve root sleeves on either side. Associated facet osteoarthritis seen between L.V.3 - S.V.1 on both sides. I think there is no escape without undergoing surgery but I don't want surgery. I am now 70 years old and now I need doctor's advice whether can I continue with same status for the rest of the years of my life, otherwise what should I do to maintain good health.
I have pain in my knees especially when I fold them to sit. I'm 39 years old female and have a daily dose of folic acid, iron and vitamin d (once a week)
I am 23 year male. I have back neck pain since 6 month. I have consulted many doctors bt it arises again after some days of treatment. The back neck portion swells when I travles in bus, studying more times. Or any hard work etc. Please help me. To relief form this pain permanently.
My mother in law is suffering from severe back pain can I get some better suggestion so that she will feel better and she is crying out of pain?
I met with an minor accident two months ago after that I have pain in my back. But their is nothing in x ray reports. What should I do.
Backache is an affliction that almost 80% of the population suffers from. It’s the most common problem that plagues society nowadays because of the sedentary lifestyle people have taken to actively. It is caused due to a series of problems mostly because of years of feeding your bad posture, or lifting heavy weights, slouching and other such hazardous lifestyle choices. Other issues that lead to backache include medical problems like pregnancy, arthritis and even osteoporosis. It can also be a result of some long-standing injury to the spine or back that never healed properly.
However, people have to live as they are with backaches, the best they can, choosing medication and other such temporary reliefs. Here are a few ways in which you can regulate your lifestyle and choose healthier habits to slowly but surely cure your backaches.
- Exercise: Exercise is a very effective way to keep backaches at bay. But it needs to be moderated and performed carefully. No heavy lifting or any work that requires slouching over and or bending down low for long periods of time. Things like walking and yoga help keep the spine straight and require calculated movements and are very good for your back.
- Resting: When you are sleeping, check that you are in a comfortable position, but try not to adopt a sleeping position that is harmful to you. If you wake up in the morning with an aching body, it probably means the mattress you are sleeping on isn’t right for you. A good night’s rest should get you relaxed and feeling refreshed. Which in turn alleviates your backache. Not resting well can elevate your backache Add pillows to hold the existing curve of your spine in place.
- Temperature: Applying cold packs or hot compress to the affected area is also an effective way to reduce the pain that comes with backaches. Doctors usually suggest using ice first to lower the swelling and then applying heat as and when required. Either of these methods will work just as well.
- Weight: You need to maintain a healthy weight to ensure that your backache does not worsen. Your back helps in pulling the weight of your body and if it is beyond a certain limit the back is not equipped to handle the burden and may give out or start aching continuously. To get to the weight that is required by your height, consult a dietician.
- Water: Physiotherapists often recommend using water exercises in lukewarm pools as a treatment. The buoyant nature of water helps with the stress in the muscles and the warmth of the water helps in decreasing the pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!