Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K. Nagappan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K. NagappanYour feedback matters!
I have supraspinatus injury in past amd now when I am doing bench press I feel pain in my shoulder joint it was like a irritation not hurting me badly but I feel that something is wrong with it.
I am 23 years old female. I have pain in my neck I applied ointment and did some exercise as well but of no use. I am not even able to move my neck. Please suggest me something to ger rid of it.
I am 52 years old, last six months I am suffering from neck and shoulder pain. I am no able to lift or rotate my arms. When I lie down within half an hour I get severe shoulder pain. I am struggling to wear cloths, to take bath and eve to sleep. Please, let me know what is the problem and remedy for this sir.
I am 12th student. I have back pain from last 3-4 month. Some doctors told me its T.B. But some says its not t.b. Whch test shld I take? My TST is 16 mm.
I have problems with my left knee, which had KNEE ARTHROSCOPY performed and now there is partial movement in left knee. More than a year has passed now but still I am unable to run or hard exercises. Please suggest the course of action.
I am a 21 year old boy and have pain in my right shoulder from last year. Earlier I used to play volleyball but due to pain I was not able to continue with it. What should I do?
Our spinal disk resembles a jelly donut, wherein the softer insides are protected by the hard exterior. Sometimes, as a result of some injury or an accident the jelly slips out, leading to an extremely painful condition which in medical parlance is known as herniated disc. The pain that you are subjected to, during herniated disc, occurs as the nerves nearby are damaged due to the concussion.
Apart from pain, herniated disc is preceded by other symptoms, some of them are:
- Pain in the arm or the leg: Depending on which part of the body you have suffered the herniated disc, in the neck or in your lower back, this condition is succeeded by intense pain either near the buttocks or near the shoulders. It goes without saying that this pain increases sharply with movement.
- Numbness: That part of the body where the nerves are damaged due to herniated disc often becomes numb and has no sensation whatsoever.
- Weakness: Due to herniated disc, the muscles become weak that considerably impairs and curbs mobility.
However, there are various ways by which you can prevent a herniated disc. Some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise in any form and even for a short while yields several benefits. Your body invariably gains momentum and agility. If you exercise daily, your spine becomes more stable and strong, thereby preventing a possible herniated disc.
- Maintaining the right and good posture: A lot depends on the way you sit and walk, in fact more than you can imagine. If you sit badly, it exerts a pressure on the spine and the discs. Subsequently, a good posture does the very reverse and curbs chances of a herniated disc in the future.
- Keep a tab on the weight: It is always healthy to maintain the right weight, the one that keeps you away from the onset of various diseases. If you are overweight, it puts more pressure on the spine disk, thereby increasing the risk of developing a herniated disc.