Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. K.M.E.RajaYour feedback matters!
What is the diff. Between meals and chickenpox. How can we know that this is meals. And how to treat it.
My aunty is suffering fever and cold from last 3 days can you help regarding this. I am waiting reply from your end.
Sir/mam I am 20 years old. When I go for masturbation lower part of foreskin gets pain. And at the Normal point of time foreskin go back and it doesn't stay long. I can't get my penis stretch .its painful. I think you got my point. Tough it's really messed up whatever I have written. But I hope you give me the best advice. Thank you.
I am 24 years female previously with pcos but now latest ultrasound shows no pcos. But doctor has given me dehydroepiandrosterone tablets for my resting ovarian morphology. please advise?
I have got sexual pre mature ejaculation problem. Please help me. My wife and me very frustrated with problem.
Are Kimia Dates, Coconut Water good for diabetic patients? Which other fruit is good for diabetic and arthritic patient?
Sir, I have body fatigue and knee pain. But, when I walk, I walk for 4-5 KMs non stop. But overall I feel fatigued during the day. Can it be Vitamin D deficiency? My BP is 125/80. Sugar Fasting is 95.
I want to ask that what is the home care treatment for the oily skin to get solution from blackheads and pimples. My bro have allergies from lemon.
Hello .my problem is that in my semen there is some yellowish fluid is coming after masturbation. What's the problem?
Why people with hearing loss go to dealers rather than audiologists to buy hearing aids? What should do for this serious issue?
I am a diabetic my sugar is under control, but I always have feet burning issues not getting solved. Can please suggest me.
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.