Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JowYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years old boy, my weight is just 43 kg. 100% vegetarian. Very small quantity of food intake. And also constipation. Often feel tired and less energetic. I tried homeopathy, allopathy, ayurvedic, protein powders, few physical exercise and etc, but, nothing worked out. How can I gain weight?
Dear Sir, I am 32 year old man. I am suffering from left leg and hand pain in regular and shortness breathing with sneezing and wheeziness in night and morning time. Some time I am walking and siting in office. My BP is normal. Please advice and help.
For last few days I suddenly feel dizziness and completely weak and after sometime I feel better. In the past I had taken medicine for vertigo does this again pertains to it, kindly advice.
Why do not we use plastic rice in proportion to sugar levels in diabetic people.[like fiber] plastic goes out undigested ,not harmful. Added with necessary nutrients
Sir, I m 23 year old boy. I have constipation for last 2-3 years. I can't even fresh at the first time in the morning. I usually go to 2 or 3 times daily. Due to this constipation my food can not digest in my system. I did't feel any type of growth in my body during last period of time. please help me if there are natural remedies or by any medical prescription.
Sir, Hamesha mere sir me dard hota rahta hai. Dava lekar bhi nahi thik hota aisa kyu? Please muje batao.
Hi. I'm 21 and 5 months old. Since the last 5 months, I have a feeling of certain contraction in my forehead muscles. I feel some pain or tightness but when I massage it a little bit like rubbing the forehead skin part, it goes away. I wear spectacles of -3.0 diopters. Being a science college student, I don't get full sleep during weekdays and this condition happens when I feel tired because of lack of sleep. Sometimes, I feel quite troublesome to get a peaceful sleep. Please suggest some related treatments or conditions for my case. Thank you.
Hi my I'm 19 years old boy I'm Fat, My weight is 80 kgs, I do not have ant breathing problems, My heart rate is Normal, And my Heart is Perfectly healthy, But I tried to jogging since 2 days, And every time I run faster My Chest starts paining I can't run more than few minutes, My chest starts paining, I do not have asthma or Any Heart Problems and My Heart was In Normal and Healthy size even according to birth reports, I have Few Cough, And I'm Fat, Is this the reasons I do sweat more and Gets tired after few exercise? Or Running?
I am suffering from skin allergy. I used to take levocitrazin tablets daily to avoid itching on my body. If I'll not take these red red rashes and alot of itching happens to me.
I am suffering a ear problem. My ears are most of time remain wet. May be that causes less listening power of me. Suggest me what to do?
A pain started just at lower right abdomen. The pain came on suddenly and is still present But its not that severe, Its last about 3 days now But its only when I walk, cough, or move. When I'm sitting or not moving there's no pain. I Haven't had much of an appetite and I'm a 20 year old male.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.
Many times we forget about the importance of our health in the race to pursue our careers and goals. We take our bodies for granted and keep working them without stopping for a breath. While some may have mastered this art, there are many who may not be able to cope with such a lifestyle and may end up falling ill. The most common problem that most people suffer from is stomach upset, gas, or stomach pain, and all of this may be because of not eating right or having irregular eating habits.
It is due to such problems that people fall ill and then go to the doctor with a problem that may take much longer to treat. However, if the patient starts to check in with the doctor before the stomach pain worsens, it may be easier to treat because very often the pain arises from stomach ulcers. Ulcers are sores that are caused on the lining of the stomach or the oesophagus or even on the intestines. In serious cases, the sores may cause great damage to the stomach and may lead to much worse issues. However, with the right intake of food, the damage may be controlled in combination with medicines and treatment from experts.
Foods to avoid
In controlling the spread of stomach ulcers or peptic ulcers, it may be important to know the food that should be avoided so that the medicines and treatments taken for controlling the problem may work better. Here is a list of foods that you should avoid:
- Hot beverages such as tea, coffee, cocoa and milk should be avoided because they cause acid imbalance in the stomach.
- Anything that may contain caffeine should also be avoided.
- Alcohol should be completely avoided by those suffering from peptic ulcers.
- Citric or sour drinks such as grape or orange drinks should also be avoided for remaining at ease.
- Any spicy powders or seasonings, such as pepper, chilli powder and garlic should be excluded from the diet.
- Anything that is made from milk or cream and is extremely fatty in nature should not be consumed.
- Flavoured cheese that is strong and spicy should not be eaten.
- Meats that include high levels of fat or those that are highly seasoned should be completely avoided.
- Chillies or peppers in any form should be kept away from your diet.
- Anything that is made from tomato should also be avoided, such gravy, sauces or raw tomatoes.
When you start to keep your diet clean and healthy, it may be much easier for your doctor to cure you of stomach ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.