Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JenniYour feedback matters!
My fasting blood sugar is 81 and PP 186 and my wife fasting blood sugar is 121 and PP 165. Is this normal?
My wife have hypothyroidism and taking thyroxine 25 mg per day. Is there any treatment or medicine who can cure this disease?
Since 2 or 3 days. I haven't sleep properly. I am feeling some kind of weakness. It also affects on my food consumption become very low. Is it happens due to depression. Please suggest me.
Hi. I got married 2 months before n I feel quite pain full during the intercourse n some times my vagina starts burning and I no more enjoy it. But from past 3-4 days I am noticing some kinda discharged which on my under wear looks light green in colour and it's itchy and burning even though from past three days I didn't have sex. It's vry painful. M worried coz yesterday when we had sex my husband felt some white small patchy substance on his penis.
Hlw. Dr. I need your help. I am feel very weakness in some days & also decrease our body weight & please help. What m I do to control our body weight increase weight.
Hi doctor I am tmanna my mom is eyes are red every evening last two months what she does please tell me.
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hello Doctors, I am married, 25 year old female, I have stone formation in my kidneys, a total of 3 stones measuring 4.5mm maximum(this scan was done last march). Doctors have asked me to drink lots of liquids. I am not on any medical treatment. Is it correct or should I have to go in for some other hospital? Will if affect in case we are planning for a baby this year? Please help.
Hiii I am 21 year old. I am married. I have hair fall problem more than normal. What should I do for that. Is their any medicine to stop hair fall.
I'm getting pimples now a days and before the pimples appears there remains whiteheads. When pus comes out from the pimples there's a solid white bud that comes out.
Suffering from head ache since 1 month I used many tablet to get relief and consultant many doctors what is the reason for this.
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Reasons Why Eggs Are The Healthiest Food on The Planet
Eggs are so nutritious that they're often referred to as “nature’s multivitamin.”
They also have unique antioxidants and powerful brain nutrients that many people are deficient in.
Here are 6 reasons why eggs are among the healthiest foods on the planet.
1. Whole Eggs Are Among The Most Nutritious Foods on Earth
One whole egg contains an amazing range of nutrients.
Just imagine… the nutrients in there are enough to turn a single fertilized cell into an entire baby chicken.
Eggs are loaded with vitamins, minerals, high quality proteins, good fats and various other lesser-known nutrients.
One large egg contains:
Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin): 9% of the RDA.
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 15% of the RDA.
Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA.
Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid): 7% of the RDA.
Selenium: 22% of the RDA.
Eggs also contain small amounts of almost every vitamin and mineral required by the human body… including calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, manganese, Vitamin E, Folate and many more.
A large egg contains 77 calories, with 6 grams of quality protein, 5 grams of fat and trace amounts of carbohydrates.
It’s very important to realize that almost all the nutrients are contained in the yolk, the white contains only protein.
Bottom Line: Whole eggs are incredibly nutritious, containing a very large amount of nutrients compared to the calorie load. The nutrients are found in the yolks, while the whites are mostly protein.
2. Eggs Improve Your Cholesterol Profile and do NOT Raise Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
The main reason people have been warned about eggs is that they’re loaded with cholesterol.
One large egg contains 212 mg of cholesterol, which is a LOT compared to most other foods.
However, just because a food contains cholesterol doesn’t mean that it will raise the bad cholesterol in the blood.
The liver actually produces cholesterol, every single day. If you eat cholesterol, then your liver produces less. If you don’t eat cholesterol, then your liver produces more of it.
The thing is, many studies show that eggs actually improve your cholesterol profile.
Eggs tend to raise HDL (the “good”) cholesterol and they tend to change the LDL (the “bad”) cholesterol to a large subtype which is not associated with an increased risk of heart disease.
One study discovered that 3 whole eggs per day reduced insulin resistance, raised HDL and increased the size of LDL particles in men and women with metabolic syndrome.
Multiple studies have examined the effects of egg consumption on the risk of cardiovascular disease and found no association between the two.
However, some studies do show an increased risk of cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients. This needs further research though and probably doesn't apply on a low-carb diet, which can in many cases reverse type II diabetes.
Bottom Line: Studies show that eggs actually improve the cholesterol profile. They raise HDL (the good) cholesterol and increase the size of LDL particles, which should lower the risk of heart disease.
3. Eggs Are Loaded With Choline, an Important Nutrient For The Brain
Choline is a lesser-known nutrient that is often grouped with the B-complex vitamins.
Choline is an essential nutrient for human health and is needed for various processes in the body.
It is required to synthesize the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and is also a component of cell membranes.
A low choline intake has been implicated in liver diseases, cardiovascular disease and neurological disorders.
This nutrient may be especially important for pregnant women. Studies show that a low choline intake can raise the risk of neural tube defects and lead to decreased cognitive function in the offspring.
The best sources of choline in the diet are egg yolks and beef liver. One large egg contains 113 mg of Choline.
Bottom Line: Choline is an essential nutrient . Egg yolks are an excellent source of choline.
4. Eggs Contain High Quality Proteins With a Perfect Amino Acid Profile
Proteins are the main building blocks of the body and serve both structural and functional purposes.
They consist of amino acids that are linked together, kind of like beads on a string, then folded into complex shapes.
There are about 21 amino acids that the body uses to build its proteins.
The body can not produce 9 of these amino acids, which are deemed as “essential” and must be gotten from the diet.
The quality of a protein source is determined by its relative amounts of these essential amino acids. A protein source that contains all of them in the right ratios is a good source of protein.
Eggs are among the best sources of protein in the diet. In fact, the biological value (a measure of protein quality) is often evaluated by comparing it to eggs, which are given the perfect score of 100.
Bottom Line: Eggs are an excellent source of protein, with all the essential amino acids in the right ratios.
5. Eggs Are Loaded With Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Which Protect The Eyes
There are two antioxidants in eggs that can have powerful protective effects on the eyes.
They are called Lutein and Zeaxanthin, both found in the yolk.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin tend to accumulate in the retina, the sensory part of the eye.
These antioxidants significantly reduce the risk of Macular Degeneration and Cataracts, which are among the leading causes of vision impairment and blindness in the elderly.
In one study, eating 1.3 egg yolks per day for 4.5 weeks increased blood levels of Zeaxanthin by 114-142% and Lutein by 28-50%.
Bottom Line: Eggs are very high in the antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin, which can drastically reduce the risk of Macular Degeneration and Cataracts.
6. Eggs For Breakfast Can Help You Lose Body Fat
Eggs contain only trace amounts of carbohydrates, but plenty of protein and fat.
They score very high on a scale called the Satiety Index, which is a measure of how much foods contribute to satiety.
For this reason, it is not surprising to see studies where eating eggs for breakfast leads to fat loss.
In one study, 30 overweight or obese women consumed either a breakfast of eggs or a breakfast of bagels. Both breakfasts had the same amount of calories.
The women in the egg group felt more full and ate less calories for the rest of the day and for the next 36 hours.
In another study that went on for 8 weeks, eating eggs for breakfast lead to significant weight improvements compared to the same amount of calories from bagels. The egg group:
Lost 65% more body weight.
Lost 16% more body fat.
Had a 61% greater reduction in BMI.
Had a 34% greater reduction in waist circumference (a good marker for the dangerous abdominal fat).
It’s important to keep in mind that not all eggs are created equal.
Take Home Message
To top things off, eggs are cheap, taste awesome and go with almost any food.
Eggs really are an egg-ceptional superfood.