Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JeevarathanYour feedback matters!
They say a smile is your best accessory and to maintain your smile, regular dental checkups are essential. However, your smile isn’t the only reason to visit a dentist. The condition of your teeth is also a window into your overall health.
Here are 5 reasons you must visit your dentist at least twice a year
Regular Cleaning: Regular brushing and flossing aren’t enough to clean your teeth thoroughly. Plaque and bacteria can build up between teeth and in other hard to reach areas. Only a dentist will be able to clean these areas. This is also because over time, plaque hardens and becomes difficult to remove. If left alone, this could also lead to the development of cavities and other oral problems.
Prevent Tooth Loss: The later a cavity is treated, the lower the tooth’s chances for survival. Regular dental checkups can ensure that cavities that identified in their early stages for easier treatment. Early identification of gum infections and periodontal disease at regular dental checkups can also help prevent tooth loss.
Oral Cancer Screening: The earlier oral cancer is detected, the earlier it can be treated and stopped from spreading further. Early detection can lower the chance of this cancer spreading by 90%. The symptoms of oral cancer include persistent sores, change in texture of part of the mouth or tongue, pain or numbness and white or velvety re patch on any part of the mouth.
See Hidden Dental Problems: It is only in the later stages of a cavity that we experience a toothache. Regular dental visits can identify these cavities much earlier. An X-ray that is part of your dental check up can also help identify hidden problems like impacted wisdom teeth or a shift in your teeth due to an overbite or jaw problem.
Unhealthy Teeth, Unhealthy Oral Cavity: Unhealthy teeth can also be a sign of other diseases and conditions such as heart problems, diabetes, endocarditis and osteoporosis. Dental checkups are also essential for pregnant women as gum disease has been linked to premature birth and low birth weight. A visit to the dentist can also help treat sleep apnea.
In addition to the above, visits the dentist regularly also helps from developing any kind of diseases. This is because identifying and treating oral problems in their early stages prevents complications like root canals and tooth extractions that can be quite expensive. So, stop making excuses and schedule your dental checkups today.
Hello doctor. I am suffering from mouth ulcer since 5 days please help. What to do. Ita pain to eat food.
How to remove cavity from teeth. What Needs to Be Done First, Removing the Wisdom Teeth or Repair of Dental Fillings? Its too much paining. Used to eat by on side. What need to do?
I have ulcers in my mouth since 1 year I take medicine and I get cure but after some days I get ulcers again what is the reason behind this.
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss.