Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. JayleelaYour feedback matters!
I am 25 female, I am going to marry soon, basically I am suffering with 2 problems, 1. I am having too much unwanted hair on my face, 2. My teeth are too height. My husband want to change my face nicely. I am going to marry in 2 - 3 months. Please help me on this.
I have red rashes in mouth after eating hot meals? What is that? Is the result of heat? What medicine should I take?
I am 21 years old, and I have internal stains on my front two teeth, I consulted a doctor who advised me to go for bleaching or crowning. And recently a doctor advised me to take calc. Phos 6x. 4 tablets for 20 days before meal. What should I do?
Hello Mujhe bahut thuk (spit) ata hai muh se, bar bar rah chalte ghar me kahi pe bhi aa jata hai bbar bar thuk phekta rhta hun ghar ke kone me raste pe aur kisi bhi trah ka koi smell milne se bhi thuk aa jata hai aur subha jab so kr uthte hai to munh me thuk bhara rhta hai aur munh se badbu aati hai. So please koi upay bataye.
Diabetes is a degenerative disease, which affects your metabolism. As a result of metabolic irregularities, every part of the body is affected. The following are early indications of untreated diabetes:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Increased hunger
In addition to the ones above, the following are associated symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing of cuts
- Itchy skin
How can diabetes affect your mouth?
- Diabetes increases the risk of infections and delayed regeneration of damaged/dead cells. As a result, fungal infections like thrush may develop in your mouth.
- Because of poor healing of wounds as a result of diabetes, extensive gum damage may occur.
- Periodontitis is a severe effect of diabetes in which your gums begin to move away from your teeth, leading to a formation of pockets between your gums and teeth, which fill up with pus and germs. The damage can be stopped only with gum surgery and removal of affected teeth.
The single most effective way to prevent damage to your teeth is to actively control blood sugar content by regularly taking medicines and following a healthy diet recommended by your doctor. Common methods of dental protection go a long way to help prevent oral problems because of diabetes. These include:
- Brush thoroughly and carefully after every meal (wait 30 minutes for food acids to neutralize, and then brush as this helps in effective cleaning)
- Use non-alcoholic mouthwash to treat dry mouth and disinfect the oral cavity
- Floss at least once everyday
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush
- Remove your dentures and clean them regularly. Do not sleep putting them on
- Quit smoking, chewing tobacco and chewing gums with sugar in them