Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Jayasree Diwakar RajYour feedback matters!
Hi My friend has a problem he has problem of changing moods thats why he is loosing his confidence day by day because somtimes he is getting nervous any time in the friends please tell me how to avoid this problem
In this condition, the mouth opening is reduced and the patient has burning sensation in mouth while consumption of spicy and hot foods.
Patients with Submucous fibrosis should quit the habit of betel nut and tobacco, should take an antioxidant rich diet. They should visit an Oral Medicine Specialist for its treatment so that cancer can be prevented.
Hi. I am a designer. Recently I had resigned from my job for a personal reason. Since then I sit at home and keep doing different work or keep creating designs and artworks while listening to music. But when I sit idol I start getting this negative vibes .I feel I am good for nothing, I can't achieve things what I want in my life. I have huge big and different dreams to accomplish in my life cause I am blessed with versatile talents. But no one is supportive about it. I feel as if everything is going in vain. I feel that I can't ever help my parents financially. I feel as if I won't get a job or will not be able to start my own brand cause I am absolutely helpless. My dad has cholesterol problem. I keep thinking about his health and my moms health although she's perfectly fine. I get stressed even if my dad or mom catches normal viral cold or any basic health issues. I sometimes get scared and negativity of things which I don't even know. I feel like crying every time. please help.
Hi My daughter is accusing on her father he tried to seduce her. Please tell how to solve this issue
Smoking chodne k liye koi medicine le sakte hai kya ya aisa koi medicine hai jiska koi side effects na ho.
I am 23 years old. I am preparing for my MBA entrance exam. I recently broke up with my boyfriend who is now married. I am ok for some days and suddenly feel low and depressed the other days. I can't cope up.
Sir, I am school student of 17 age. I am having a severe bipolar disorder. But I have not visited any doctor. I am a severe maladaptive daydreamer too. Please help me.
I am 19-year-old do Masturbation regularly due to these suffering low Testosterone and also from some memory problem please suggest me some quick natural remedy.
My mind is not working properly in study ,the learning capacity is also decreased than before, what I do?
Hi doctors, I'm 22 years old and from past 4 years I was in relationship and I found she was cheating on me, so I broke up with her but I'm not able to forget her. Please suggest me something so that I can forget her.
I was having a boyfriend. Now he left me alone. I love him a lot. I can do anything for him. It's very difficult for me to forget about him and all his memories. I am felling depressed. I started threaten from people's. Whole day I was thinking about him. I am trying to divert my mind. But nothing works. I feel guilty for me or for my family. Why I was crossed my limits for him. I just feel that I should have to myself. Its very difficult for me to overcome from all this. please help me. I started shouting at everyone without any reason. The whole day I feel angry. Every little thing makes me angry. Sometimes I feel that much angry that I kill someone. I fight with all my friends my family. I feel lonely. He never understand my felling. I don't know Wt can I do. He never loved me. We were in a relationship from last three years. But a days he just want to talk about sex. If I talk about the other things. Then he said he's getting bored. Nd last month he said he didn't lv me and broke up with me. I don't know wt to do now. Plzz help me.
Is your teenager child suffering from depression?? Young adults or teenagers are quite moody. Hormonal fluctuations leads to irritability, outburst of anger, defiant behavior, weepiness, and emotional hysteria. It is important for you to differentiate between depression, teenage drama, and other mood disorders that are likely during teenage days. Depression in your child from an early age can have serious effects late in life.
Hence, it is very important for you to deal with your teenager’s depression. Here are some important tips you should apply:
- Get proper diagnosis
- A proper and accurate diagnosis of your child’s depression is very important.
- It is the first step that you should take to be certain about the condition.
- Choose the right therapist or doctor
- Finding a good therapist or doctor is the second step you need to take.
- Take opinions of people, and explore well to come across an ideal therapist who would be perfect for dealing with your depressed teenager.
- You may need a doctor’s assistance and advice for a long term basis, and thus it is important to choose a trustworthy doctor.
- Observe the negative thoughts
- Several negative thoughts manipulate our feelings. Something that starts with a negative thought can become a source of depression and anxiety.
- However, by recognizing these thoughts, it becomes easier to cope with them and their consequences.
- Outsmart the brain
- Our brain has two sides that respond to different kinds of inputs.
- While a negative situation confronts us, the right brain circuits come into play; while in case of positive situations, the left brain responds.
- It is important to create a bridge across the brain, so that you can travel to both the sides.
- Take mood boosters
- There are certain food items that help in uplifting your mood.
- If you are a depressed teenager, you should consume foods containing omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial for alleviating your depression.
- You should take foods such as salmon, sardines, ground flaxseeds and walnuts.
- You should also consume vitamin B12 and Folate as these produce serotonin and act as effective mood stabilizers.
- Quit alcohol
- Alcohol is harmful when you are depressed and anxious, and it also alters your brain while you are a teenager. This can have adverse effects later in life.
- Working out for uplifiting your mood and distress by swimming, running, boxing, or walking provides instant relief from depression.
- Exercises boosts the activity of serotonin and norepinehrine.
- It also helps in stimulation of the brain chemicals that encourage the growth of nerve cells.
As a teenager suffering from depression, it is very important for you to seek help from places and people your trust. You may approach a person outside of your family as well, if you are not comfortable with letting your parents know.
I am a female of 27 years I am emotionally imbalance. Mai bahut jaldi gas ho jati hu. Bahut jaldi udas ho jati hu. Emotionally bahut jyada week hu. I want to be normal how this is possible?
Hey doc, I am a very cheerful person on the outside or I should say that I pretend to be happy in front of my family and friends but somewhere inside I am really disturbed. I feel really insecure in relationships. I am afraid of losing people whom i love. Therefore I don't express much about my feelings to them. I don't want to lose someone I love and thus that keeps me away from them. I am seeking your help and would be grateful if you revert to the same .
I feel stress and tired without any pain. I feel weak and how should I increase my mind power. Usually when I study and learn something. But I was not able to keep learn for long time. But when I see and lean one time I am able to keep learn for long time. Please tell me. Why did he happen wth me.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.