Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Jayasree Diwakar RajYour feedback matters!
I am 16 years old male and I am suffering from psychosis such as chemical imbalance, does transcranial magnetic stimulation is done for psychosis .does it works?
I am 26 years old married girl. Don't want to live with husband family any more because of my mother in law attitude every time I think of her and I feel low and stressed. She always interfere in our marital life and a super dominating lady so suggest me my motivation is low and I am different person after marriage and I am not liking myself. Please advise.
Cognitive Behavior Therapy is found to be much effective in this case. Therapies could be lengthy procedure. But patients should understand that, they are not focusing on cure, but effective management. Effective management is equivalent to cure.
I noticed my hand shiver when I do some work sometime, I am a smoker but only smoke 3 cigratees daily. Is smoking is the reason behind it? Please guide me. Thanks.
My friend has a habit of drinking alcohol. Because of that he face many family problem also. And he want to give up drinking but he can't. What should he do to do that?
Sir I am suffering from anxiety and panic attack. I continuously masturbate from my 17 to till now daily 2 times a day. I am asking that masturbate will increase anxiety?
I am 29 years old fem Some times I feel very depressed and feel like there a nothing left in life and want to commit suicide . How to cope up with such situation as nthng gud happens in my life.
I turned 18 this september and I have been going through maladaptive daydreaming since 2 years. I am thereby not able to concentrate on my studies and I just keep on imagining. I have researched for so many times on internet and concerned various doctors. Please help.
I am a 41 years male and married having one daughter of 9 years old, I think I am having in a depression condition, feeling loneliness, tense due to my financial weakness and avoidness by my spouse (I have a doubt that she is in love with some other person) every time I wants something to eat. Please give me your advice to overcome that condition.
I am 29 yrs, now due not having job and some other issues I going in tremendous stress and depression I unable to sleep at night and day also all the times lots of bad thoughts are coming in to mind and all thoughts indicating that I can not do anything in life all thr time negative thaougts coming in to mind it shows all way to suicide please help me to overcome this situation.
My grandfather is suffering from depression. Since 4 years he takes proper medicines everyday but I think theres no improvement my family is very much worried about him can you suggest some ways how to get rid of it I will be very thankful to u
I am 26 yr old single male. I m still unemployed. I am in very stress and depressed in my life. My body weight increasing continously. I tried to work out early in morning but cant do it consistently because of depression. I think lots of think. In last few months I feel very bad and negative about my life. I want to comeout this situation but I still dont know what to do. I have to pay bank loan either. Every month we got notice. My family is not in such condition to pay. Sometime I used to cry alone in midnight. I feel that I m alone. I know life is not so tuff but I cant see any hope. Please help me to come out this stress.
Addiction of smoking. What should I do to get out of it? past 3-4 years I am addicted to smoking. So what will I do?
I am gay I wanna excite my straight friend to be have wild n hard Sex with me tonight I want good relationship with him please suggest me any medicine.
When you get a compliment, 'smart thinking or you are intelligent or that was intelligent of you', you definitely feel good. These comments fill us with confidence, admiration and pride and we want it to happen to us again and again. But owing to a busy schedule and long working hours it might not be possible. Having said this, it does not mean that a person cannot stay intelligent throughout. This can be easily achieved by regular meditation. Regular meditation and yoga helps the mind to be more reflective and efficient.
Here are reasons how yoga and meditation lead to an intellectual learning and growth:
- Utilizes the brain: Almost everyone uses one half of their brain more and this leads to imbalance. Meditation is believed to sync the left and the right hemispheres, thereby allowing neural connection and great processing power. When logical left and creative right brains start working in harmony, then solving problems becomes easy; and it also increases creativity, deep thinking comes to be known of and concentration and focus magnifies. Highly successful people usually display whole brain synchronization.
- Functional capabilities of brain enhance due to meditation: Research backs it that meditation increases the gray matter thickness of the brain regions, thus making the brain smarter, bigger and faster. This is very similar to doing physical exercise which makes the muscles denser and stronger. The increase in Functional Capabilities of brain is based on the concept of neuroplasticity, which states that our intelligence is not based on genetics and there are some things which can be done to improve the way our brain works. Meditation is a good brain enhancer with an ability to increase intelligence.
- Beneficial brainwave patterns can be seen: Meditation can help to guide the brainwaves into beneficial frequencies. The frequencies: alpha, theta and delta when guided can show case a myriad of benefits including idea generation, creativity, cognitive functioning, and intellectual capacity. Meditation helps to transform these beneficial states of mind and help boost the IQ.
- Develops intuition and insights: These are generally obtained through listening and developing to the inner voice. Thus meditation forms to be the basic key to tap these latent abilities. The intelligence can be mapped through tests and quizzes and is valuable at each level to stimulate insights and creativity. As per some people, inner intelligence, is considered to be the most important and best success in the world. Successful people including Steve Jobs have stated that their super revolutionary ideas and business acumen came through their intuition.
- Meditation helps in improving both short and long term memory: The key memory areas hippocampus and frontal lobe show increase in activity during meditation. By stimulating these areas, the short and long term memories are improved.
I am 25 year old, I get depressed very soon, started crying more often with a feeling that I am the most unwanted one in the world, miss on my important deadlines and keep forgetting things besides getting tired very soon. I try hard to get out of it for 2/3 days and again go back to same feeling. I am not sure if it is a medical problem too.
Do people really suffer from mood disorders?
Mood disorders are common psychological problems that affect a vast portion of the human populace all over the world every year. These occur when there is a shift or imbalance in a person's psyche which affects his or her daily function and interpersonal relations in varying degrees. Each individual is affected by these conditions in a different capacity and responds to them in a distinct manner.
Mood disorders generally manifest themselves as fluctuations in a person's temperament. It is triggered by various factors. These mental illnesses range from mild to severe, the latter requiring urgent psychological counseling and treatment. A mild condition may even develop into a painful and chronic one without any form of remedial intervention.
What are the most common types of mood disorders?
There are many distinctive categories of mood disorders that can affect a person. The most commonly occurring ones are as follows:
- major depressive disorder
- bipolar disorder
- seasonal affective disorder (sad)
Major depression is the most frequently occurring type of mood disorder. It causes mental and emotional turmoil, as well as physical anguish. Those affected by it may experience a single episode in isolation or multiple episodes over a period of time. The milder version of this condition is known as dysthymia.
Bipolar disorder is a comparatively rare condition that causes alternating states of extreme mania and depression. It is also known as manic-depressive illness. The mild version of this is called cyclothymia.
Seasonal affective disorder or sad is a depressive disorder that is known to affect those living in colder climes. It is caused generally by the lack of warmth and light, the onset of which begins in late autumn and lasts till the end of winter.
What causes a mood disorder?
Mood disorders are very difficult to diagnose as they can be caused by an assortment of triggers and the symptoms are not always apparent. This is particularly true in the case of dysthymia and cyclothymia.
Some of the usual factors that lead to mood disorders are:
- chronic stress and anxiety
- anomalies in the functioning of the nervous system
- prolonged periods of isolation
- childhood abuse and trauma
- ineffectual coping mechanisms
- insufficient nourishment/malnutrition
In most cases, a combination of multiple factors usually leads to the development of mood disorders and other mental illnesses.