Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayanthini V
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Jayanthini VYour feedback matters!
I'm around 35 years old and having an affair with a married woman whom I love dearly. That lady also loves me, but now she wants to move on and wants to be just a common friend. She didn't behave rudely with me but the fact that she wants to move on is killing me. I have a very complected personal life with my mother bed ridden for years and me & my father is living a wretched life. I am the only earning person of my family and due to age and this issues afraid of getting married. Please suggest me I am getting lot of stress.
I am in 10th grade CBSE. Due to that I have a lot of tension and being nervous on giving speech or paper? I want to know that how I feel good during Thai tension.
I am suffering from depression for last few months. Feelings hopeless n same type of thoughts repeated in my mind again n again. Due to which I am unable take proper sleep n feelings restlessness. please help me.
I'm 45 year old and suffering from fear of death, disease. Doing regular exercise for an hour and meditation for 15 minutes. Going to various phycritist and had drugs like esitlopam, serotonin.clonotril but in vain. Which would be best for me please help. I just want to feel happy.
I am having head aches often. It usually comes when im studying and whenever im giving strain. The head ache will last for 3-4 hours. May I know why this is happening to me and any cure for this.
Hello Doctor, Due to my past experience with my husband in 10 years of my marriage life, I still doubt my husband I always try to catch him red handed, but still not successful, he lies to me often and later when I know the truth from someone else it's very heart breaking for me. I want to retain this marriage as I have kid too and somewhere he takes care of mine too But his lying and staring at gals habit makes me feel insecure Please help.
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!