Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. JayanthiYour feedback matters!
Dr. Jab mera period aata h to mujhe stomach ache bahut jyada hota h.plz mujhe koi suggestion dijiyega.
Unless semen is inserted inside a women's vagina the girl can't get pregnant? As doctors say that sperm cannot pass through clothes.
I listen So many females getting breast milk on between 15 to 20 years age on maturity. Is it true. Can you explain. And Milk come out On teen age years between 15 to 20 years age. When it will produces on breast.
She facing some lump problem in her one breast from last 5-8 days. What is that lump? It hearts sometime and sometimes pains suddenly.
I had a ectopic pregnancy of 5 weeks and my left fallopian tube is removed by surgery on 14 feb 2015. What precautions to taken before further pregnancy and what are the chances of having a healthy baby with remaining tube. How to find out whether other tube is in better conditions.
I am 30 years old, one year back I got married, now I am planning to have childrens, so is it correct age to have children. Tell me good diet.
What is the reason behind having irregular periods? Sometimes its getting 2 months gap. I do not have any other problem in my body. Is it due to lack of nutrition? Or body weight? N whats the solution for that?
Both heat and cold therapy can help. It may take some trial and error to find out which works best for you.
How does heat therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Heat dilates (opens up) blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms.
At home you can try dry heat such as heating pads or moist heat such as warm baths or heated moist towels.
How does cold therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Cold works differently, it constricts (closes blood vessels) then opens them up again closes and opens up. This alternate closing and opening cycle of blood vessels drains out swelling and toxins from that area. At home you can use ice packs with covers or traditional ice bags or ice cubes in a plastic bag with proper covers so its not too cold.
Both heat and cold should be used very carefully only when sensations are normal otherwise it can cause burns or damage to skin and tissues.
Professional health care providers such as physiotherapists use moist heat, deep heat such as ultrasound therapy and cold therapy along with joint and tissue mobilizations, specific stretching and strengthening exercises, customized tips about improving posture, ergonomics, sleeping habits for long lasting relief from pain.
I am having sex with my wife by using condoms. But we don't like to use condom and don't want child for one more year. So is there any suggestion? As I have heard ejaculating inside her on certain days of her cycle won't make her pregnant?
Dear sir, my question is my wife suffer from stomach pain during maturation cycle more than normally MC. (from 4 months)
Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on 2 and 5 of June those were my fertile days. I was supposed to get my periods on 17 but it's already 20 I am late with my periods for 4 days. I am feeling like it's about to start. I am worried can I be pregnant?
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you have any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues.
I am 17th weeks pregnant now but I am not feeling any baby movement still now. This is my first time pregnancy. I just want to know why I am not feeling baby movement? From which month I can start feel baby movement?
Hi Doctor This is to ask you like yesterday I was with my girlfriend. Now she and I just were having a hug and we started masturbating each other but by mistake my ejaculation went onto her stomach and leg. She was in her shorts. Now she went in and washed it but forgot to wash fingers with soap. And she then used the fingers to wash the vagina. What should be done and is pregnancy possible. Really very scared.
It has been about 1 year having our marriage, but I am not satisfy in sexual relationship with my wife because of my wife's maturity in her body. What I have to do beacause still yet her breast are too small not attractive.
Chronic nightmares are caused by a lot of internal as well as external factors. It can cause sleep disorders and can affect your overall health. Some of the key reasons that contribute to chronic nightmares are mentioned below:
- Stress and anxiety: Anxiety can come in many forms. It can happen due to simplest of reasons such as moving to a new place to joining a new job, suffering from trauma to losing a close one in the family, etc. Stress as a result of these can lead to bad dreams and chronic nightmares.
- Media: Suspense shows or scary movies are also known to cause nightmares. Recalling visual imagery from a recently watched horror movie during sleep can appear in the dream without any intervention. The brain can create a sequence and produce imagery based on one’s recent thinking process.
- Depression: A Finnish Study showed that more than 28 percent who suffers from depression get nightmares at night. A negative mindset coupled with poor self-confidence can lead to chronic nightmares resulting in sleep disturbances.
- Traumatic experience: Any recent experience of surviving a natural disaster, violence in the relationship, major vehicle accident, are frequently linked with nightmares. More than 50 percent of the people with PTSD suffer from nightmares reveals the National Center for PTSD, USA.
- Drugs and Medications: People coming out from recent medication such as barbiturates, narcotics and antidepressants often suffer from hyperactive neurotransmitter leading to nightmares. Withdrawal from alcohol and recreational drugs are also known to be responsible for chronic nightmares.
- Snacking Before Bedtime: Often eating before sleeping triggers the metabolism and signals are sent to the brain to be more active than usual. Junk foods and spicy meals should be especially avoided to refrain from chronic nightmares.
- Inability to Relax: Inability to relax gradually builds up a basic level of underlying arousal process which later contributes more in further reaction towards stress.
- Conflicting Material: Any conflicting material which we are not aware of might lay embedded in our subconscious mind, which might contribute to repeated nightmares.
So basic idea is to learn some relaxation technique and practice those. If the condition persists then it will call for a detailed assessment and may be some medication besides Psychological measures.
How to get rid of nightmares?
- Treat the underlying symptoms: It is important to identify the cause of the nightmares. Often stress, PTSD, anxiety and depression can cause nightmares. Once the cause is identified, medical help or self-help techniques can be employed to overcome it.
- Exercise: Exercise tires the body and relaxes the brain. From dancing to rock climbing, running to rowing, hitting a gym to brisk walking, one form of exercise should be daily practised to make sure you get sound sleep during the night.
- Talk to your doctor: If you are undergoing any medication that involves withdrawal, anxiety, narcotics, you should immediately consult a doctor about the effects of medicine. A doctor can either reduce the dosage of medicine or change the medicine altogether to address the problem
- Stress Reduction: Stress can be reduced by practising yoga and meditation. You can also take a hot shower before going to sleep to calm yourself down. A relaxed mind goes a long way in ensuring sound sleep during the night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.