Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.
Hi doctors I'm 29+5 weeks pregnant I'm scared of still birth some one told sleeping in day increase the risk of stillbirth. I sleep night @1: 30 morning I will get up @9: 00 again I vl sleep @ afternoon 1: 00 vl get up @2: 00.
Hi. My girlfriend is feeling a bit tired after having sex and has pain in her body. She was giving me oral sex and her mouth was full with saliva. With the flow, she took the saliva and rubbed it on her vagina. I started fingering her and realised that is it safe to do so. I am pretty sure I did not ejaculate in her mouth but there was definitely some pre cum. So we were thinking of taking a unwanted 72 medicine Will this be right to do so. Extra info: I am 20 she is 19 Her periods are due this coming thursday We want to avoid any chances of her getting pregnant but I do not want that she should harm herself in any way. Please respond.
My period are 15 days delayed and pregnancy test is negative. Dr. prescribed me Regestrone 5mg for 3 days but still I have not got my periods. Please suggest what to do?
I had 2times abortion? After abortion, Now my body also very fat and my skin also scratch, doctors said no relationship till three months, I already followed, there is chance to become pregnant again?
Dear sexologist, I want to sex first time. I am very much confused on vagina long and hole size. Which size of penis is good for vagina enjoyment and also tell me how much depth penis hole to inside anus. I know now all female like long size penis. But how much. Help me.
Hello doctors. Can PCOS be cured? Can any woman be pregnant having pcos? If possible then share some tips how it can cured. Please.
Hello doctor I'm 24 years old. Under fertility treatment I took hcg 5000 injection on 25 th October. (i.e 15th day of my period) when will check my pregnancy using HPT? When will the test give reliable result?
Hi, This question is On behalf of her. Her periods got delayed by nearly more than 15 days and she had fun with his bf 3 weeks back but not include in sex. She is still virgin and wants to know. What affect on her periods.
Hello Doctor, I am 30 years old. How can I ensure that I am ovulating regularly? Can ovulation detection kits help me? I am planning to buy I Know ovulation kit. But from when do I start testing. I have a regular cycle of 28 days. From which day of my cycle do I start testing and which time of the day coz I am working women. I want to conceive soon.
Hello doctor I am 23 years of age I am suffering from pcos .i m getting treatment of that bt my weight is gaining day by day what should I do now?
With all the parties, late nights and heavy food, the festive season is notorious for weight gain. Along with a decorated tree, Christmas is synonymous with Christmas cake that tastes wonderful, but does nothing for your health and waistline. Store bought Christmas cakes are loaded with sugar and hence if possible, it is always better to bake your Christmas cake at home. As with any other type of food, home cooked food is always healthier than store or restaurant food. This is because you get to control the ingredients of your cake.
So here are a few tips on making a healthy Christmas cake:
- No added sugar: Unlike other cakes, Christmas cake does not really need additional sugar as the fruit inside it adds natural sweetness. Do not sprinkle the fruit in, but maintain a high ratio of fruit to flour. You can include all types of dried fruits, berries, apricots, dates, prunes, pineapples etc. in your cake. Traditionally, these fruits are used in their candied form, but for a healthier version of this cake, try using them in their natural or dehydrated form.
- Almond meal: If you buy a cake, it is likely to be made with refined flour. Refined flour has negligible nutritional value, but is very high on calories. Hence, when you’re baking a cake, consider replacing this flour with almond meal. Almond meal is lower in calories, gluten free and adds moisture to the cake. It is also rich in vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
- Fresh fruit juice: Along with the pieces of fresh and dried fruit, the juice is also an essential element of Christmas cakes. Avoid opening a can here and instead use freshly squeezed juice as far as possible. Fresh fruit juice has no added sugars and is loaded with vitamins as compared to canned juice. It is also free from preservatives. You can also include the pulp that is extracted while juicing fruits like oranges into your cake.
- Coconut oil: A little oil is a must in cakes to make them moist and spongy. Replace your refined oil with coconut oil when baking a Christmas cake to make it healthier and more wholesome. Coconut oil has a high level of good cholesterol and when used wisely can also reduce the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Sides: Christmas cake is usually served with custard or ice cream; both of which are loaded with sugar and are unhealthy. Consider replacing these sides with natural yoghurt that has been sweetened with a drizzle of honey. Alternatively, you could also try some flavoured greek yoghurt and almond flakes. This will make your dessert light on the stomach and easier to digest.