Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jayalakshmi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. JayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Ever faced a nagging low back ache that just won't quit? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis in itself, but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine:
- Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
- Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
- Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practicing yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not over extend your back muscles.
- Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage you may get at a spa. A massage to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle that sits over the sciatic nerve and triggers sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
- Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
- Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.
I am 19 years old. I HAVE oily skin and there are lots od pimple on my face and become dull after a time.
I have problem during menstruation. My stomach cramps a lot and bleeding amount is very high. Please suggest me what should I do?
I am 22 year old man and feeling not well with back bone because of sitting on chair. What should I have to do? Please share your prescriptions.
I have stomach pain from yesterday what should I do? I have severe pain please tell me the suggestion.
I am having abdominal pains from 7 to 8 days and today m also feeling dizzy since morning. Please help me what to do? Why is this happening? Is it cause of not using protection?
I have been into bodybuilding and use anabolic steroids for 2 yrs. Last time I used steroids was in march 2015. Currently my testosterone level is around 100. I don't have ED but I do have PE. I don't even last for 30-45 secs in intercourse. I am 26 years old and I got married 3 months back and before that I was virgin. I consume alcohol 2 times a week. 3-4 ciggs a day and smoke hash and marijuana. I am quite fit. Little fat. Body fat % will be around 14%. I will bring it down to 11-12% in a month of 2. Please advice me treatment for low testosterone lvl and PE. I will be blessed with proper treatment.
Rosacea is a chronic condition. The symptoms come & go in cycles rosacea can not be cured completely but it can be treated and controlled.
The flare ups of rosacea are caused usually by following conditions:
1. Hot drinks 2. Stress & strain 3. Alcohol 4. Spicy & greasy food 5. Sunlight 6. Extreme heat & cold.
Coping with rosacea: only very mild products should be used on face. Avoid those products that contain alcohol or irritants. Avoid sun. Stay in cool environment, cover your face in cold air. Avoid heavy exertion. Use electric shaver.
The foods which trigger rosacea flare are:
Liver, cheese, chocolate, spinach, citrus fruits including tomatoes, bananas, plums, raisins, figs. Spicy & hot foods. Eat plenty of carrots.
Carbo animals, radium, rhus tox, aloe etc are good homeopathic medicines which cures acne/ rosacea.