Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. JawaharYour feedback matters!
My hand got injured due to accident in the year 2001. I have no sensation in my thumb, index finger & middle finger. I had been operated once in the said year by an orthopaedic surgeon. But still, I don't feel any sensation in my above 3 fingers. My median nerve, radial nerve got damaged. Is it possible to get back my sensation after 15 years?
My father got homeopathic medicine for parkinson last week. After taking medicine his body got burns like sores. what it means?
Hello I am of age fifteen and suffering from migraine since three years can you please suggest me an advice for my severe headache.
tegretol tablet total 500 mg potency is taken to contain fits, on reduction of potency fits occur, should it be continued or any alternative advice.
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, drinking water regularly, avoiding stress and maintaining a healthy weight. Frequently, individuals develop sleep disorders due to stress or obesity.
2. Establish a regular schedule for sleep. Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, including weekends. Establishing a regular sleep schedule will train your body to sleep soundly on a consistent basis.
3. Avoid taking naps throughout the day. If you take a nap during the day, then you will be less tired at night, be more restless and may not sleep as deeply.
4. Abstain from smoking, drinking alcohol or ingesting caffeine because they can keep you up at night. Even though alcohol makes you sleepy, it obstructs the quality of your sleep.
5. Exercise regularly so that your body will be tired, but do not exercise for 3 to 4 hours before you go to sleep, because it may energize you.
6. Refrain from eating heavy meals for dinner, which can make you feel uncomfortable and will prevent you from sleeping well.
7. Create a bedroom that is quiet, dark and a comfortable temperature, which will promote sleep and avoid disturbances.
8. Sleep on your side with your head slightly elevated to prevent the symptoms of sleep apnea.
9. Construct a bedtime routine such as reading, meditating or bathing. Having a routine will train your body to recognize that you are preparing for sleep, which will help you to fall asleep easier.
10. Use your bedroom for sleep only. Do not work or do any other tasks in your bedroom if possible. If your bedroom is used only for sleep, then you will associate the room with sleep, which will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeply.
11. Get out of bed and engage in a non-stimulating activity, such as reading until you feel sleepy again. Sometimes lying in bed when you are not able to sleep makes it more difficult to feel sleepy.
My wife is 56 years old, I am suffering from Migraine pain since long. After taking too much medicine of Allopathic (vasograin, ultracet, etc) and homeopathic Sanguinaria, spigelia, Nat mur, Nux Vom, gelsemium belladonna) but no improvement has shown. She is also suffering with diabetes, High blood pressure etc, she is too much sensitive of any change of weather and most of the ailments takes place in late night.
I am suffering from migraine from last few years. I could not find any solutions to that. I haven't got any treatment but it comes and goes suddenly. Won't let me eat frozen food. please help.
I am suffering from migraine since 2 year have taken so much medicine regarding this but it will not help me too much. please provide proper suggestion.
I am suffering from migraine from past 2 years. What are the precautions can I take to reduce the frequency of headache.
I was suffering from severe numbness when I sit on floor for minutes and hours. For me numbness causes at feet and hand area. sometimes right side area of body including head part. Numbness is caused due low flow of blood level in body in those areas is it y/n.How to control those problem. Which kind of treatment have to take for this problem.
Dear sir I am suffering from slightly hand and legs shivering in normal condition and when I am in tensed or in fear it will be out of control I was suffering from asthma in childhood and jaundice Is there any medicines or exercise for reducing this problem.
I am 27 Year old male, my hands and legs sleep automatically, Specially when I sit on ground with folded legs then legs sleep after 15 minutes, I feel like I have no legs. Same with hands when it is pressed for while then I won't be able to use my fingers and feel pain What is happening to me?
I am 20 year old mere aadhe head mai kl subha se pain hota hai aur head ke piche bhj aur aisa lagta hai. Jaise head bhaari bhaari lag rha hai aur chakkar bhi aate hai mujhe kya krna chahayiye.
I had a migraine. That's why, i'm not able to study properly. But, I took medicines regularly. Still Even, I had more pain. What should I do now, help me, how to reduce the mental stress.
Asperger's syndrome has been found to affect people at a tender age. The augmented impacts of this syndrome are felt as you grow up. It is a neurological disorder falling under the scope of Autistic Spectrum Disorders. However, it is a milder form of autism and has similarly unidentifiable causes. A person afflicted with Asperger's syndrome will not exhibit stark signs of the disorder. These persons are usually smart and brilliant but face issues in communicating or interacting socially.
Factors that may result in this disorder:
- Genetic factors could also afflict you with such a syndrome. Thus, it is important to carry your family history while consulting a doctor.
- Certain changes in a person's brain could create trouble.
- Your body could be susceptible to external toxins: many times bacteria and viruses from a polluted environment can lead you to such a serious neurological condition.
Ways to diagnose Asperger's syndrome:
- A doctor would concentrate on your child's speech: Language development can hint at many underlying health issues. Your child might fail to process speech around him or her which impairs its own speech.
- Exchanges in a social setup could be indicative of something: Children or adults could find social
- gatherings challenging. They feel awkward to interact with friends, relatives and colleagues. It takes a lot of effort on their part to exchange basic pleasantries. A doctor will be able to deduce from such symptoms.
- Facial expressions while conversing could help diagnosis: A person's facial expressions tell a lot about how they formulate or feel about things. Their words, at the same time, could be contrary. Counselors lay stress on frequent sittings to closely note the gestures made by a patient.
- Comprehension and coordination capabilities: Your child or loved one might find it difficult to handle motor regulated appliances. Comprehending instructions could also be a test. People suffering from Asperger's syndrome face problems in understanding simple things.
- Responding to change will also be taken into consideration: Patients trying to cope with this syndrome are usually not open to change. They take a very long time to adapt to a given way of life; a sudden change will thwart their idea of normalcy.