Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JagathisYour feedback matters!
Aagar baby ko loose motion lag jae to opium de sakte hai ya nahi. Agar dene k baad koi problem ho to kya kre.
My baby is 5 months old. He is not getting proper milk through breastfeeding. What should I give him?
A SPECIAL CASE of a 2 years old child needs attention: My nephew is 2 years old and he still doesn't walk. He doesn't speak though instead mama, papa, dada etc. Although he is very active child but where and what is the problem we are not getting it. He doesn't eat much too. According to us, if he don't eat heaving food then how he will build up his muscles and from where he will get energy? If we don't feed him that child can stay full day without any food. He did not get feeded by my sister and he stopped having milk when he was just about 3-4 months. He cries at lot when we take him to bath, he cries a lot when we comb him, he cries a lot when we change his clothes. He is of 2 years but looks like 4-5 months old child. We all family members and relatives are so worried about him. Is there any doctor who understands the problem and help us?
Q: My son is 7 month old 5.5kg he is low weight birth at the time of birth his wait is 1396 grams I want to concern about his diet what should we have to give him.
Am a 30 years old mother of 2 kids, one of 5 years & the other 3 years old. My kids often complaint me that their Legs are paining specifically in the night time even if they are involved in their regular activities and not some other heavy activities. Why does this happen specifically in the Night Time? What could be the Reasons behind this & is it a matter of worry? Please help me out of this. Thinking you.
My baby is 2 months old initial diagnosis results say he has neonatal hepatitis. What is its cure and how much time will it take for the baby to recover.
My 4 year girl has 101 fever and too much cold I give her paracetamol but fever came again after some time what can I give her.
My baby is 13 months old. He is right now suffering from from infection in saliva gland what will be the best possible way of relief. It is paining him behind his ears.
My daughter in age of 9 month is having fever from last 3 days and yesterday night she becomes silence (behosh ho gayi)(even not crying). What to do?
What Causes Eczema? Ways to Prevent Eczema Outbreaks
A skin inflammation, eczema, also known as atopic eczema, refers to the changes that occur in the upper skin layer. These skin changes can be thickened and cracked skin, skin redness, crusting of the affected area and swollen raw skin, among others. The exact cause of this skin condition is not yet known but a mix of factors have been found to be behind this health problem.
The factors that play a role in causing eczema are:
- Dry skin brings down your skin's ability to fend off irritants as well as allergy causing substances from entering your skin, resulting in an inflammatory condition.
- Genetics is also one of the factors that may affect the proper functioning of your skin as a barrier against harmful substances. Therefore, if either one of the parent or both suffers from the condition, it is very likely that their children too will suffer from it.
- Abnormal functioning of your body's immune system can also lead to this skin condition. This is because it's your body's immune system that fights off infections as well as harmful intruders.
- The presence of the bacteria called Staphylococcus aureus, which brings about sweat buildup, inflames the skin considerably, leading to this condition.
- Even environmental factors like pollen, cigarette smoke lead to the flaring of eczema.
How can you prevent an eczema outbreak?
It is very common for this skin condition to flare-up from time to time. But you can avoid such outbreaks or reduce their severity by following these very simple ways:
- Keep your skin well-moisturized so that it doesn't dry out causing further irritation.
- Sudden changes in temperature can cause the skin condition to break out. So, when the weather is hot, keep yourself cool but during cold weather, use a humidifier to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Keep sweating in check as it can cause an outbreak very easily
- Avoid the use of harsh detergents and soaps, woolen materials as well as the consumption of foods that may lead to flare-ups