Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. JagadeeshYour feedback matters!
My fasting blood sugar level is103.4mg/DL and postprandial blood sugar level is 165.8mg/dl. What should I do?
Having tsh-6. 75, but t3 and t4 is in normal but sometimes spinning head problem occurs with weakness. And obesity.Please do help.
My father, 82 years, is diabetic since 30 years. He was on regular dose of'Glizid-M (80/500), OD and fasting sugar was 110-20.
Which treatment in homeopathy is given for hypothyroidism? Its been a year since I was diagnosed. I've no family had history of this disease.
I am 29 years old woman, I have thyroid problems since december 2012 (during pregnancy). I am very upset about my weight. My weight 42 kg because of thyriod, I think so. What should I do? please suggest me. My baby have also thyroid problems. Please help me.
Last night I had not taken salt in my dinner due to high blood pressure. Next morning I have given my blood for sugar fasting, serum urea.
I'm 41 years old. My mother is diabetic. One month b4 I tested my sugar it was 276/426. Fasting/PP. I SHOULD START SOME MEDICINES. I avoid RICE SUGAR AND OTHER FOOD WHICH ARE RESTRICTED. MY WEIGHT 81 KG. I GO FOR MORNING WALK DAILY. No other symptoms like frequent urine. Etc.
In the morning when I wake up, I've swollen face, my knees, ankles & wrist pain alot. Is it because of increase levels of uric acid or something else? Kindly suggest.
Hello doctor. My father he is 52 years has diabetes. He got to know before 1 month when he went to doctor and doctor said he has 480 sugar. Then he took medicine and another test after few days came out with 174 sugar level and third test is 168 sugar level. Now before 1 week the test came out with 91 sugar level so doctor said this is too low. It should be increased till 120. So please suggest me what he should do and eat to attain that level. He is been too weak. And I am so worried about my father. Please suggest.
I have 6 ft 2 inch height now. I am bit afraid of it. Can any thyroid test prove if my pituitary gland is okay or not? If so name the blood test.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Which type of food is good for the patient of hypothyroidism? can you press tell me the ingredients.?
Start Today.You have one Life.