Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. J.P.Rajkumar
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.P.RajkumarYour feedback matters!
My son who aged 10 yrs. Had suffered from cough. As per doctors suggestion. Done mantoux test and the value is 11. Medication is over. Now no symptoms of cough. Should I go for again the same test to confirm whether the TB symptoms are gone or not. Is there any chances to get TB in future. Pl clarify. What should I do.
My son is 7 years old. He is suffering from recurring tonsillitis from the last 3 years. He is having a fever after every 15 days. I have got his CBC test reports his Hg is 11.6, TLC is 3200, ESR 50, RBC 4.45, HCt 32.7, MCV 73.5, MCH 26.1, MCHC 35.5, RDW 15.4, platelet 217000, MPV 7.6 kindly advice what to do? is his blood reports are normal? is he require any special medication? pls. advice.
I have 11 months baby. should I give him ayurvedic sitopaladi churn with honey as he is suffering from cold. Or suggest other ayurvedic medicine for nasal block.
My baby is of 2 months now. Due to insufficient breast milk I give her Nan pro formula milk as her feed. 3 times I feed her breast milk and 6 to 7 times I feed her formula milk. Why she have gas problem and secondly can I feed her with bottle during giving her the formula milk?
A child’s tantrums, especially during teens, are quite common. However, there could be some children who could be exhibiting an extreme version of these symptoms. This is known as oppositional defiant disorder.
Children with this disorder become easily irritable, angry, argumentative, defiant and feel vindictive against most elders (parents, teachers, and others). While this is something very common and can be ignored to be a part of teenage tantrums, the issue is when these symptoms do not seem to end. If they persist for beyond 6 months, it is time to worry. These may then begin to interfere with their daily activities including schooling, where they may not be easy for the teacher to manage.
Diagnosis of ODD: With the changing behaviour of teenagers, it is often difficult to pinpoint and say there is ODD. However, some guidelines for diagnosis are listed below. Angry/irritable, argumentative, defiant and vindictive. If these symptoms are seen for more than 6 months with no inducing reason, happens with non-siblings, and is affecting learning and playing, it is highly likely the child has ODD.
These symptoms can occur at home, at school, or in other settings – seen respectively in one, two, or more settings. Some of the symptoms are listed below.
- Repeated temper tantrums
- Anger bursts, swearing, using obscene language
- Extremely argumentative, especially with people in authority (teachers, parents, etc.)
- Annoying others and getting annoyed easily
- Noncompliance to rules and regulations at school and institutions
- Defending one’s mistakes and blaming others for it
- These result in poor academic performance, antisocial behavior, substance abuse, and higher suicidal tendencies.
Treatment depends on the presenting symptoms, the age of the child, and supportive care available. The child should be able to actively take part in psychotherapy to reap good benefits. It would otherwise be a task with no results.
- Psychotherapy will help the child improve its cope and express and control anger. This also improves problem-solving skills.
- Cognitive-behavioural therapy tries to mould the behaviour.
- If required, the parents also would be involved to improve family’s involvement in the treatment. Caretakers are given special training if required so that they can support in long-term medical care.
- The child also needs to be trained for appropriate behaviour under different circumstances.
- Rewards for positive behaviour and punishments for negative behaviour are useful ways.
Prevention: Early identification can help in minimizing distress to the family and help in the early arrest of the disease. The family is also taught basic and simple steps which can help in supporting therapy. Early rejection at school and loss of learning, can happen which can be managed with early intervention. A nurturing and supportive family can help manage the child very well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My daughter is three years old. She is not eating food properly. Please provide some suggestion. Thanks.
My daughter is 2 years old girl. She eats idli, 2eggs, apple juice, moosambi juice, vegetable soup, rice with any curry, 2 banana, 3 times pasteurized milk; and some biscuits and chocolates. But she is very thin. List what should included in her food items. She is very thin how to becom fat?
My son is 4.5 years old, since 1 year he had frequent fevers almost every month all the check ups, test all are normal. Only high or low grade fever with headache and bodyach, is anything wrong like cancer. What to do now:(
Mera 45 days ka beta he uska low weight birth hua tha abhi uska weight 2 kg 700 gm he uski body bahot patli he khas karke hand n leg bahot patle he kya me usko sypon drop de sakta hu ya apke pass koi idea hoto aap please muje batao kh.
Hello doctor, good day, my son (age6 months) is getting cough and cold regularly, I am using allopathy medicines but that is not much effective. Could you please tell is there any medication in homoeopathy for newborns?
My son 7 years old suffering from nasal block if he take air of fan for cooling in summer when he sweating, he born in im-matured (8 months), he often suffering from several problem please, suggest me.
Fluoride is a mineral that helps fight tooth decay. It is found in public water supplies, toothpaste and many other dental products.
Often called, “nature’s cavity fighter,” fluoride helps repair the early stages of tooth decay even before the decay can be seen. Research shows that fluoride helps prevent cavities in children and adults by making teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that cause cavities. When you brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste, use other fluoride dental products, and drink water with fluoride you are preventing cavities and strengthening your teeth’s outer surface, called enamel.
If you have a good chance of getting cavities, your dentist can apply fluoride to your teeth during your dental visit. Your dentist might also tell you to use a special fluoride rinse, paste or gel at home