Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. J.P.RajkumarYour feedback matters!
My baby was 6 month running my baby is crying to feed milk what happen Doctor Mere beti milk peene samay bahot zoor zoor se chilari aur peshab bhi karleri iski kya vaja hosakthi Doctor please answer.
Health benefits of pickles
Free radical scavenging from antioxidants: pickles can be good source of antioxidants, especially decalepis hamiltonii or swallow root. As the vegetables or unripe fruits are stored fresh without cooking, the antioxidants present in those vegetables or unripe fruits are preserved as it is. Antioxidants are those micronutrients that help in protecting our body against the attacks of free radicals. Free radicals are unstable chemicals that are produced during cellular metabolism. These unstable chemicals react with our cells and damage our dna to become unstable and in the process, create more and more free radicals. We can protect ourselves from free radical attacks by consuming food with high antioxidants. A lot of emphasis these days is put on antioxidants by dieticians and doctors.
Supply of probiotic or gut-friendly bacteria: probiotic bacteria are those friendly bacteria that are present in our digestive system. These bacteria actually help us in the digestion of food. Sometimes, due to the use of antibiotics, along with invading bacteria, these friendly bacteria are also killed. The fall in their numbers can cause digestive problems that can be solved by eating pickles made without the use of vinegar. Naturally fermented salt pickles encourage the growth of these friendly bacteria, which will replenish the numbers in our digestive system and restore our health.
Supply of essential minerals and vitamins: fresh pickles, dips or chutneys are made from leafy vegetables or herbs such as coriander, curry leaves, spinach, parsley, and amaranth. These fresh pickles are interesting and appetizing ways of making children eat their share of leafy vegetables and herbs, which are otherwise boring for children. Eating freshly made pickles not only tastes good, but they also supply essential vitamins such as vitamin c, a, k, folate and minerals like iron, calcium, and potassium. Vitamins and minerals are vital micronutrients which protect us from diseases, help us build immunity, bone strengthening, vision protection, curing anemia, and various other functions.
Diabetes control: studies have shown that consuming vinegar based pickles improves hemoglobin levels in diabetic patients, which in turn helps in controlling diabetes. The acetic acid present in vinegar has been noted to be responsible for this phenomenon. However, care must be taken to avoid the consumption of salted pickles as excess salt increases blood pressure.
Improves digestion: in india, indian gooseberry or amla (phyllanthus emblica) is one of the favourite fruits that are pickled. This fruit is believed to possess several health benefits according to ayurveda treatments and moreover, since amla is a seasonal fruit, unripe amla pickles are prepared. It is customary practice in some indian families to have amla pickle as the first course or an appetizer as it is believed that amla pickle improves digestion.
Liver protection: apart from benefits such as improved digestion, amla or gooseberry pickle also has hepatoprotective properties. Studies have shown that when amla extracts were administered on lab animals with chemical-induced hepatotoxicity or liver damage, the damage was reduced significantly.
Reduces ulcers: ulcers are internal wounds caused due to a failure of mucus membranes and acid interaction on tissues. Particularly, gastric ulcers are caused by a weakening of mucous membrane and hyperacidity. Regular consumption of amla or indian gooseberry pickles also help in reducing ulcers, if any.
What is coblation tonsillectomy?
Coblation is an advanced technology that uses gentle radio frequency energy with a saline solution to quickly and safely remove tonsils without causing much pain &amp;amp;amp; no bleeding.
How is cobalation tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy done?
This surgery is done under general anaesthesia generally takes about 30 min. The surgeon uses a special cobalation wand which utlizes radio frequency energy to remove tonsil adenoids in a nearly bloodless fashion the patient can go home the same day.
Why is coblation tonsillectomy a better choice?
Older ways of removing the tonsils and adenoids include cold steel method of dissection. These methods could cause extensive pain, bleeding and may damage healthy tissue around the tissue that is removed. Coblation does not remove the tonsils or adenoids by heating or burning preserving healthy surrounding tissue.
What are the benefits of coblation tonsillectomy?
Fewer'bad days patients report a better overall experience with coblation tonsillectomy after surgery when compared to other procedures. Studies show that patient calls and visits to the doctor due to problems after surgery are significantly less with coblation tonsillectomy.
Faster recovery coblation tonsillectomy has been shown in clinical studies to speed a child's return to normal activity and diet. On average, patients return to a normal diet in 2.4 days after coblation, versus 7.6 days after routine cold steel method.
Less pain coblation tonsillectomy has also been shown to decrease pain and use of medications after the procedure.
Adenoidectomy via cobalation
Difficulty in breathing
Obstructive sleep apnea
Rec episodes of cough old
Coblation adenoidectomy is a technique which works at a relatively low temperature to gently dissolve and/or shrink target tissue with minimal thermal damage to surrounding healthy tissue. Coblation technology provides ablation, resection, coagulation of soft tissue and hemostasis of blood vessels in one convenient surgical device.
Complete removal of adenoids
Under direct endoscopic vision
Minimal pain with day care procedure
Hi doctor, My son is 5 months old he has loose motions problem every second day his pediatric advise stool routine test. The test result is mucous-present parasites not detected, occult blood-trace, starch granules and fat globules present, pus cells-40-50embedded in mucous n rest everything absent. My pediac said its bacterial infection n no need of stool culture test. N to start with antibiotic. please advise should I start antibiotic or go for stool culture.
My daughter age 22 month she say papa one word only she can hear normally is she any problem to talking or she is normal I am worried about this please help me.
My daughter is 2 years old she is not doing motion daily. What to do she has done last motion 2 days back.
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
Parents are responsible not only for the birth of the child, but also for their well-being. For children, their parents are their first teachers, who inculcate in them the right manners, attitudes and habits. Consequently, you too must be careful in deciding what habits and manners you pass down to your children.
Some of the habits that you should teach your children are:
- Eating healthy food: Children always have the propensity to consume junks and avoid healthy food. It is the duty of the parents to correct this and teach their kids to eat healthy food. You must explain and elucidate the importance and nutritional value of eating healthy food. At the same time, the harm caused by the junk food must also be brought to their notice. You should introduce multiple fruits and green vegetables in the diet. Eating healthy food is a habit that reaps great benefits in the long run.
- Table manners: Children eating on their own generally create a mess. Therefore, you must teach your child the right table manners. When to use spoon or fork and what should be the etiquettes that must be observed while eating with a large group of people must be known to a child. You should begin to treat your child as a grown up as he or she sits at the table.
- Regular brushing of the teeth: The importance of teeth is most acutely felt with advanced age. Therefore, it is imperative that you teach your children to take good care of their teeth. You must educate your child about the necessity of good teeth and see to it that they brush daily and twice a day. Brushing in the morning as well as before going to sleep is equally important and the child must be aware of it.
- Early to bed: It is necessary for children to get adequate sleep. Therefore, you must make it a habit from the very start to put them to sleep early and see to it that that they get sufficient rest.
- Play outdoors: You must make it a habit for your children to play outside more often. Staying at home without any activity has serious repercussions like obesity and lethargy. Therefore, it is extremely important that children involve in sufficient physical activity.
What is nasal pholips? how immunity and strength can be increased? my nephew is 10 years old, for past 5 years he quite often suffers from cold and cough continued with fever. Even a glass of cold water, results in tonsils and cold with fever. 1-2 hours of outdoor play makes him dull, he feels weekness and thus falls ill. Exertion results in illness. What may be the cause and cure for the same.
My daughter is 4 months old as soon as she drinks milk formula as well as breastfeeding she sweats only on her forehead what's the reason please answer.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
What You Need to Know About Epilepsy And Seizures in Children!
Epilepsy is defined as a neurological disorder, which affects people of all age groups. However, the cases of seizures are found more in young children (likely to occur in as many as 4% of children) than in adults. It is still not known as to why a developing brain is more prone to seizures than a mature brain. A child is said to be suffering from epilepsy when they occur frequently.
As parents your responsibilities are compounded if your child has epilepsy. You not only have to pay heed towards the normal concerns of his/her upbringing but also have to look into your child's emotional aspects, while dealing with the disorder in your day to day life.
You can help your child deal with the condition in the following ways:
1. It is quite likely that your child may feel resentful and develop emotional issues, such as depression or low self-esteem. Help your child cultivates positive attitude towards life and his/her disease.
2. Try to make your child come to terms with reality by helping him/her to understand that even though he/she may be different, he/she shouldn't look upon the condition as something that is abnormal. It is best to help your child concentrate on his/her strengths at such times.
3. Help your child participate in activities of his/her choice to instill positivity in life.
4. Make sure your other children understand their sibling's ailment and if he/she feels neglected try and spend more time with him/her. If need be, seek family counselling to make everyone understand how to deal with your child's illness.
5. Learn about your child's medication schedule thoroughly and also find out what he/she needs to do in case a dose of medication is missed.
6. Develop an environment where he/she feels comfortable and can easily share a concern or anxieties.