Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. IshithaYour feedback matters!
Hi, From last 2 months, my gums were bleeding. I visited one of the nearest dental college, where I got diagnosed with Gingivitis. Interns prescribed me to intake vitamin c through orange.
Doctor i have a small outgrowth on my ventral side of the tongue for the past 1.5 years its not growing or there is no any change dm, color or effect. Its look same as it was further. Suggest me
I am having severe bad odor from mouth, not able to make out either from mouth or due to gerd. Please suggest what are the precautions to be taken so as to control this problem.
I am 30 years old. I used tobacco last 5 years. Now I facing some problem like difficulty in speaking. Due to dry mouth and irritation on tongue I can not speak fluently. Is this curable?
Is there any other options besides root canal treatment? How to fight bad breath? What medicine or supplement should be taken for healthy teeth's? Is toothpaste better then manjan or datoon.
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.
There is swelling on my gums and doctor diagnosed it as per. Let me know the effective medicine on this.
I have facial asymmetry and Ive observed this since I was 15years. My left eyebrow is higher than the right. Left side of the chin is more elongated, muscles of the left side can be easily moved but not of the right side and the lower teeth are towards the right ie the chin is towards the right side. The midline of upper and lower teeth doesn't come in the same line. The right lower canine overlaps the upper canine. It is totally noticeable. Am 20year old now. Please suggest what can be done. Thankyou.
Sir, I take root canal treatment for my 2 teeth. But within one month some part of cement is disappeared and I am getting pain from that 2 teeth. Give me some tips to me to fix the problem.
Hi doctor, my tooth are not well aligned. There is a gaps between teeth. I want to know align in a manner. So what treatment I have to take. How much I have to spent approximately for that treatment. Regards
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.