Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
16 MAGICAL HEALING POWERS OF GARLIC:
1. Improves Heart Health: Garlic cleanses the arteries and veins, thins blood, prevents blot clots, and nourishes the arteries maintaining their ability to stretch, preventing fatal heart diseases like heart attacks and atherosclerosis.
2. Anti-Clotting: Garlic increases the production of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps dilate blood vessels and dissolve blood clots. The anti-clotting properties of ajoene, a sulphur containing compound found in garlic, help in preventing the formation of blood clots in the body.
3. Soothes Respiratory System: The distinctive overwhelming odor and taste in garlic comes from the Sulphur content, which accelerates the activities of mucous membranes in the upper respiratory tract, relieving compression and mucus. Its antibacterial phytochemical properties help in treating throat irritations and potent expectorant qualities help treat chronic bronchitis and asthma.
4. Anti-Bacterial: Garlic has a rich combination of vital nutrients like Vitamin C, B6, allicin, potassium, calcium, selenium, magnesium, and flavonoids, rendering it with antibacterial and antiviral properties. They help control bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast, worm infections, and bacteria like E. coli, Salmonella enteritidis, etc.
5. Diabetes: Garlic increases insulin release and regulates blood sugar levels in diabetics.
6. Cures Skin Ailments: Applying fat dissolving garlic extracts to corns on the feet and warts on the hands alleviates the pain and hastens the healing process. Its anti fungal properties help heal ringworm and athlete’s foot.
7. Anti-Cancer: Organosulfida contained in garlic helps the liver to process toxic chemicals, including cancer-causing chemical compounds, lowering risk of stomach and colon cancer. Diallyl sulphides found in garlic inhibit the transformation of heterocyclic amines into carcinogens, preventing breast cancer.
8. Lowers Cholesterol: Garlic has the ability to moderately lower our blood triglycerides, bad LDL cholesterol, and reduce arterial plaque formation.
9. Fights Allergies: Garlic anti-inflammatory property helps the body fight allergies. The anti-arthritic property of garlic is due to diallyl sulphide and thiacremonone which relieves allergic airway inflammation (allergic rhinitis), and itching due to rashes and bug bites.
10. Pain Relief: Garlic anti inflammatory property relieves joint pains especially arthritis.
11. Stabilizes Blood Pressure: Allicin in garlic blocks the activity of Angiotensin II, a protein that contracts blood vessels, helping reduce blood pressure. Red blood cells convert polysulphides into hydrogen sulphide gas which dilates our blood vessels and helps control blood pressure.
12. Relieves Toothache: Garlic also has analgesic properties, antibacterial and anesthetizing, which can help cure toothaches.
13. Treating Acne: Garlic has antibiotic properties and contains compounds that are useful to clean the blood. But not entirely using garlic only, but you have to do further treatment.
14. Improve Iron Metabolism: Diallyl sulphides in garlic increase iron metabolism by stimulating the production of Ferroportin, a protein which helps in iron absorption and release.
15. Aphrodisiac: Garlic thins the blood, dissolves blood clots, dilates the blood vessels and improves blood circulation, rejuvenating the sexual functions.
16. Assists in Weight Loss: The anti-inflammatory property of 1, 2-DT (1, 2-vinyldithiin) found in garlic may help inhibit conversion of Pre-adipocytes into fat cells (adipocytes), aiding weight loss.
Hello doctor On 1st night. Can I insert pines forcefully into vagina. My penis is big. And my fiance vagina is too small. I want to have normal sex on first day. Can I insert with force. Do it cause her harm?.
It is necessary to brush teeth twice a day to maintain dental hygiene. But brushing teeth right after eating food can make your teeth weak. When we are about to take food, our brain starts releasing chemicals. Food enzymes starts releasing into mouth which helps in break down of food. Enzymes released for promoting digestion of food have still some impact even after we have our meal. Tooth grip is somewhat compromised under enzyme effect. So it is advised always brush your teeth atleast 1 hour after the dinner.
Iron is definitely one of the most important ingredients and nutrients that we require. Most of the health problems in the world are caused due to iron deficiency, including low immunity and anaemia, among many others. The lack of iron can lead to a variety of development delays and can also affect the haemoglobin levels in the blood which gives rise to symptoms like dizzy spells and fatigue.
So what are the underrated facts about iron that we need to know? Read on to know more!
- Transport of Oxygen: Iron is credited with the transport of oxygen within the human body. It is a well known fact that all the cells, atoms and tissues in our body need oxygen, in order to grow and maintain livelihood. The red blood cells in our body are a good source of this oxygen as they contain an iron rich protein called haemoglobin. This element is what takes the oxygen which is later released in a more targeted manner. While two grams of oxygen can exist in the cells at any given point, this supply can diminish if the dietary iron intake reduces which can lead to a condition called anaemia.
- Production of Energy: Iron is also an element that helps in the metabolism, which has great implications for the various organs and muscles of the human body. The cells of our body are known to burn these calories in the diet so as to create energy which activates these organs. If the iron resources become low in these cells, then the process does not take place in a proper manner, which can lead to symptoms like fatigue before the organ functionality gets compromised.
- Iron Rich Food: The kind of foods and materials contain iron include legumes, lentils, fish, tofu, seafood, pork, soybeans, liver, green vegetables like spinach and ladies fingers, raisins, strawberries, and other fortified food like cereals. It is a well known fact that plant foods tend to contain lower levels of iron as compared to animal foods like red meat. Also, there are many spices that are rich in iron including cumin and cardamom, which can be used on a daily basis to pepper your salads and stir fry preparations.
- Cooking and Storage: Iron usually gets sucked out of food when the food is cooked for long or processed and packaged under highly intense condition or with excessive salt additives. Also, when you cook plant sources too much, then the iron can escape by way of the water that it leaves, which evaporates.
Find out a good way to bring iron into your diet, but remember that too much of iron can also lead to toxicity.
Dear doctors, Please let me know whether my wife can take a thyroid test during her second day of her periods.
After some 10days or 1 week of my periods my lower stomachs pain n cramps also comes the pain is for 2 3 days This happens usually everytym after period Why it is happening n what should I take precautions?
My period is missed (actual period day 9-3-2015) but upto now not come period may it is pregnant.Plz give me solution to my question?
Is there any permanent treatment of pcod. I hv been under treatment frm last many years. I am taking medication but after some time symptoms start again.
Be it measures for weight loss or a fit physique, in modern times, people are beginning to grow more health conscious. If you've already made the transition from burgers to broccoli, then you're possibly on the right path. Yet, following such stringent dietary measures can be a troublesome task. Considering such, the following foods that are mentioned tend to break the monotony of your daily diet and push you further into your quest for a healthier life. They are:
- Spaghetti squash: If you're a connoisseur of pasta, then take note. Spaghetti squash is a healthy vegetable that comes along with its very own noodles. It comprises of a wide variety of nutrients, which include vitamin C and A, along with being highly rich in potassium and calcium. Moreover, it also adequately provides your daily fiber requirement.
- Azuki beans: Azuki beans, commonly known as red beans, are rich sources of iron, magnesium and zinc. Along with such nutrients, it also overflows with folic acid, which facilitates the body in producing new cells and also aids in preventing DNA, changes which can result in cancer.
- Dandelion greens: Dandelion greens are packed with bunch of calcium, vitamins and proteins and can be usually used in smoothies and salads.
- Purple potatoes: All kinds of potatoes are packed with nutrients like vitamin C and potassium, but these delectable potatoes contain almost four times the quantity of antioxidants in comparison to normal potatoes. Furthermore, a study concluded that two helpings of purple potato can decrease your blood pressure by nearly 4% and can also decrease the risk of heart diseases.
- Chia seeds: These seeds, which are entirely grown for eating are packed with fiber, proteins and calcium. They are also rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which lead to improved cardiovascular health.
Related Tip: "Top 6 Vegetables That Supercharge Your Immune System"
You might have come across this word ‘nutraceutical’ and you may have wondered what the meaning of that word is. Nutraceutical may be a food or a part of food that not only provides taste but also provides health benefits, including prevention or treatment of disease. Doesn’t that sound interesting, why we should use those medicines when we have something so natural as our food?
NUTRACEUTICAL= NUTRITION + PHARMACEUTICAL
The first thing that jumps to our mind when we think of wheatgrass is ‘What can a grass do to my body?’ But the truth will blow your mind- wheatgrass is an effective healer because it contains 70% chlorophyll, all minerals known to man and it is loaded with vitamin A, B-complex, C, E and K. it is extremely rich in protein and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
ALOE VERA JUICE
This spiky green gem is a very ancient plant which is known to have medicinal properties. An amazing skin tonic that restores skin’s natural beauty. It also replenishes your body with amino acids. Great source of vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, E, folic acid. Aloe Vera is one of the few plants that contains vitamin B12. This doesn’t just end with vitamins but it’s a superb source of minerals like copper, chromium, magnesium, zinc and potassium.
Who doesn’t like the sprinkling of cinnamon on fresh apple or tea? It’s just one of those spices that tastes awesome. But taste is not the only reason to love cinnamon, it has amazing health benefits too. It can cure arthritis, indigestion, heart disease, weight loss, bladder infection, fatigue, tooth ache, cold, upset stomach and cholesterol. Steep in hot water for a cup of cinnamon tea, place on top of your ground coffee before brewing, add to your breakfast oatmeal or toss in while cooking grains like rice or lentils- various ways and countless benefits.
The ‘mother’ of all vinegars- apple cider vinegar has wide-ranging uses which includes everything from curing hiccups to alleviating cold symptoms and many people have turned to apple cider vinegar to help fight diabetes, high cholesterol levels and it aids in weight loss too (thanks to its acetic acid content.) It is a natural cure for a number on ailments such as diabetes, asthma, migraines, blood pressure, arthritis and stomach illnesses.
Triphala, a cornerstone of ayurvedic medicine, is a composite herbal preparation of three fruits- ‘tri’-three ‘phala’-fruits. One of the most important component of triphala is amla or Indian gooseberry which is a tremendous source of vitamin C and a powerful antioxidant. Triphala has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It boosts immunity, relieves constipation, purifies blood, promotes weight loss and improves liver function.
ISABGOL/ PSYLLIUM HUSK
Psyllium husk has a long history of use in traditional and herbal medicines. It is a natural, soluble fiber derived from husks of psyllium seeds. These tiny stuff grows up to 20 times when they reach our stomach and forms a gel-like mass that helps to transport waste to intestinal tract. It also been used to regulate blood glucose levels, lower cholesterol and relieve both diarrhoea and constipation.
There are ample references to guggul and its medicinal properties in ayurvedic medicine, which describes its use in wide variety of conditions. Some of these are obesity, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and cholesterol. It also improves thyroid function, fat-burning activity of body and also decreases the risk of stroke.
Green tea is one of the most commonly used teas all over the world. While many people enjoy the mild taste of green tea, it may have more benefits than simply being a refreshing beverage. It may help you become healthier and fight certain types of diseases. You can lose weight, avoid flu, boost memory, lower bad cholesterol and even boost exercise endurance with the help of a tea, what more do we need?
I am 23 years old I got married in 2012 till last year I was not facing the problem of irregular periods but from last 6 months m facing dis problem I ve consulted d gynecologist. By using d medicine my period was regular but d thing was I need 2 consult her every month. But I need d permanent solution for my prob. I am not having kids.
Premature ejaculation can also be defined as an ejaculation that occurs before the man wishes it to occur or when ejection occurs too quickly to sexually satisfy his partner. Premature ejection is often due to physical changes occurring in the body due to aging. Men over age 30 may begin to have problems even though their sex lives were fine when they were younger. The problem is often an inadequate blood supply in the penis. When the arteries in the penis become partially clogged with fat and cholesterol, maintaining an erection becomes more difficult. When this occurs, your brain tells your body that you'd better ejaculate before you lose your erection, and a pattern for premature ejection is developed. So, how to deal with this situation. We should live a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain good arterial health. Your potency will be prolonged if you eat a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet, exercise regularly, don't smoke or drink and keep your stress managed.
Homeopathy has an effective and promising treatment for premature ejaculation or early ejaculation problem. It is because homeopathy treats the cause of any health problems rather than the symptoms.
- Homeopathic treatment increases the emission and ejaculation time of semen during a sexual act.
- It also helps to cure the erectile problem associated with premature ejaculation.
- It also cures the physical and mental exhaustion associated with pe due to over mentally stressed condition
- Homeopathic treatment cures the anxiety condition and guilty feeling symptoms associated with pe
- Homeopathic treatment cures the night emission too occurs in young mass.
- Homeopathic treatment also cures the prostatic discharge during urine and stool
- Homeopathic treatment also helps for oligospermia, azoospermia condition
- Homeopathic treatment is the most safest and permanent approach to treatment in premature ejaculation problem
Health Benefits of Watermelon
Watermelon is by far, one of the most powerful, body-healing fruits out there! The amazing health benefits of watermelon cover everything from your brain all the way to the cells in your feet. Some of the best watermelon I've had was from Costa Rica. The fruit there is incredible, and watermelon tasted about 80% better than the stuff you buy in stores in North America. Plus, they all contained seeds, which means none of them were GMO, hybrid, or tainted in any respect. If you want to eat some tasty fruit with me down there at the Live Love Fruit Rawjuvenation Retreat, you won't be disappointed. Raw foods, unlimited fruit and vegetables, fresh cracked coconut water, yoga, eco-adventures and so much more! The best time to indulge in this fresh, succulent, juicy melon, is summertime, when they are in season and deliver an array of nutrients, vitamin and minerals.
Watermelon is incredibly hydrating (up to 92% water!) and is naturally low-fat. Make this melon a part of your daily diet and you will reap amazing benefits that range from improving cardiovascular health to nourishing your eyes and revving up your immune system! Read below and see for yourself! Cardiovascular and Bone Health The lycopene in watermelon is especially important for our cardiovascular health and is now being recognized as an important factor in promoting bone health. Consuming large amounts of watermelon has also been correlated with improved cardiovascular function because it improves blood flow via vasodilation (relaxation of blood pressure). Dietary lycopene (from foods like watermelon or tomatoes) reduces oxidative stress which normally reduces the activity of osteoblasts and osteoclasts (the two major bone cells involved in the pathogenesis of osteoporosis) - this means stronger bones for those consuming lycopene-rich foods. Watermelon is also rich in potassium which helps to retain calcium in your body, resulting in stronger bones and joints. Reduces Body Fat The citrulline in watermelon has been shown to reduce the accumulation of fat in our fat cells. Citrulline is an amino acid which converts into arginine with help from the kidneys. When our bodies absorb citrulline it can take the step of converting into arginine if so required. Citrulline, when consumed, has the ability to (through a series of steps) block the activity of TNAP (tissue-nonspecific alkaline phosphatase) which makes our fat cells create less fat, and thus helps prevent over-accumulation of body fat. Anti-inflammatory and Antioxidant Support Watermelon is rich in phenolic compounds like flavonoids, carotenoids, and triterpenoids. The carotenoid lycopene in watermelon is particularly beneficial in reducing inflammation and neutralizing free radicals. The triterpenoid cucurbitacin E is also present in watermelon, which provides anti-inflammatory support by blocking activity of cyclo-oxygenase enzymes which normally lead to increased inflammatory support. Make sure you pick ripe watermelons, because they contain higher amounts of these beneficial phenolic compounds.
Which position is suggested for getting pregnancy sooner. We use missionary but the semen leaks out of vagina after ejaculation. Please advise.
Sometimes getting pregnant is not a very easy task, and may end up taking a long time. But once you’ve decided to start a family of your own, it becomes harder to wait for it to happen. Here are 5 things you can do increase your chances of getting pregnant.
1. Have missionary sex at least once every 2-3 days
The key is to have regular unprotected sex for over a year. The success rate for this is 84%. It is advised that you have sex every two to three days in every month of the year, and it’s not necessary to stick to only those days for having sex when the woman is ovulating. Further, a spiced up sex life can increase your chances of the girl getting pregnant.
As for the position, the missionary position works best as it helps the sperm on travelling through the cervix, which in any other position proves to be difficult. You can make the path of the sperm even easier by placing a cushion under the woman as it tilts the uterus, allowing the sperm to travel through more easily.
2. Keeping track of the ovulation period
Even though regular sex throughout the month is advised, it is certainly more fruitful to know your cycle. You can only get pregnant when the sperm meets the egg, and the egg is only released around the 14th day in your cycle. This egg lives only for a day or two, so you have a limited window when you can actually get pregnant. Typically this window is approximately of 6 days, so it’s best to have sex in this period. But it’s important not get obsessive and put too much pressure to have sex on these days as the stress can reduce sperm quality. So be mindful of it and still enjoy the activity rather than being obsessive. There are several free apps that you can download to help you track your cycle.
3. Ensuring the sperm health
Cutting down on coffee, cigarettes and alcohol and maintaining an ideal weight as well as increasing the consumption of folic acid are necessary steps to ensure healthy and fertile sperm quality. Alcohol reduces sperm production, smoking causes low sperm count and slow-moving sperm, while being overweight can affect a man’s libido and performance. The same goes for caffeine or drinks that contain a high amount of soda. Besides, prolonged exposure to heat on the testicular area should also be avoided to ensure that the man’s sperm is healthy. So avoid keeping laptops on your lap, saunas and jacuzzis, hot baths, steam rooms, long drives or wearing tight underwear.
4. Try de-stressing
Psychological preparedness is as important as physical preparedness to maximise your chances of getting pregnant. These days couples lead very hectic and stressful lifestyles in which trying to get pregnant can only add to their stress levels. Increased stress lowers egg passage in women. Besides, trying too hard to get pregnant and the stress that it creates is the reason behind 30% of all infertility problems. In such cases, destressing by exercising, yoga, meditation or acupuncture is a good idea.
5. Don’t put off having a baby for too long
Women are at their peak fertile period in their early twenties, but these days many women opt for starting a family at a later age. Having a baby post the age of 30 can pose problems as fertility levels tend to drop. Post the age of 31 fertility in women drops by 3% per year and continues at the same rate till 35. After the age of 35 the rate of decline accelerates.
Ive been bulimic for 6 years now. And I want to to break this cycle of constant benign and purging. Please suggest me some basic milestones for how can I recover myself.
19 years female my periods r 15 days late. Going to get pregnancy Ultrasound day after tomorrow. But Dr. I am consulting is a bit rude. I got some intimate moments on 30th november last month. Its 20 today and my period should have come around 7 December. I want to ask if its positive. As its not that late medical abortion is possible so if I come to your hospital what would be the total cost of this. As I live in hostel I have to arrange if its costly. Tried to find your number everywhere but couldn't find. Needed your guidance.
1Take a walk when you are conversing on the phone.
Instead of the lift, take the stairs.
Take short breaks and step away from workstation.
Workouts at home, such as sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, lunges and squats, keep you in shape 2.Eat Healthy and On TimeFoods which are low in nutritional value and have too many calories can pose serious health problems, including weight gain, cardiovascular problems and diabetes. It is important to stick to a healthy diet and a strict routine.
Instead of starchy foods, choose wholegrain variants which contain more fibre, and keep you feeling full.
Feel like snacking in the middle of the day? Stock up on nuts and seeds or citrus fruits that are known to cure fatigue and stimulate alertness.
To keep your energy up and your metabolism on overdrive, eat breakfast and smaller meals throughout the day, rather than 3 big meals.
Have sufficient liquids through the day to avoid dehydration.
Avoid processed or packaged foods that contain too much sugar. Excess sugar has been linked to energy spikes followed by a crash, while too much salt can lead to high blood pressure and an increased risk of strokes and heart disease.3Sleep is ImportantFinding it difficult to get a good night’s sleep? Sleep deprivation can lead to fatigue, confusion, memory lapses and irritability.
3To get a restful sleep:
Create a sleep schedule and stick to it. Reading a book, listening to relaxing music, or taking a warm shower can help in relaxing your body.
Avoid watching TV or surfing on your mobile as this can interfere with your sleep.
Pay attention to what you eat and drink. Going to bed hungry or stuffing yourself too much can cause discomfort and keep you awake.When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
4Watch Your Posture
Good posture is not just great for your back and neck, but also allows you to breathe properly and increases concentration and thinking ability. To improve your posture:
Get a good quality office chair, one with firm and dense cushioning and back support.
Instead of resting your weight on a particular foot, plant both feet flat on the floor.
Set a reminder to check your posture. This can be in the form of a post-it note, an alarm on your phone or an email reminder. Focus on Deep Breathing
5 just breathe
When you are trying to juggle multiple things at a time, you are bound to be stressed. Five to ten minutes of deep breathing can help in relaxing you and reducing anxiety.
You can also close your eyes and focus on relaxing and tensing each muscle group while taking deep, slow breaths. The best part about this is that you can do it any time, at home, workplace or even on the road.