Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. IndhuYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old and my girlfriend is 23 and we had unprotected sex few weeks back but I ejaculated outside her. She was expecting her monthly periods on 25th april but now its 10 days delayed. Is there anything serious to worry?
No periods from last 5 months and my breasts were get slightly bigger, feeling sleepy, having back pain, stomach pain. Can you tell me what is the problem.
I am 25 week pregnant. I have itching and irritation in my vagina. Is it safe to use candid b cream in 25 th week. 2 weeks before I used fenza vaginal tablet for 2 days only. After using that it is k.but now it return back.
I am a 32 years old lady. Have three children with one miss abortion. Two months before my pregnancy test became positive after getting the ultrasonography I were told that the fetus was not in uterine canal it was in right adenexia. I also did a beta hcg test showing the amount 32000. I was initially proscribed with methotrexate tablets. That later on reduced the beta hgc level to 2000 and the fetal mass size reduced from 2 cm to 1 cm. Currently I have bleeding what should I do further.
I am pregnant 9 weeks 5 days .i m getting brown discharge .what should I do .is it a serious problem.
Hi, My periods delayed by 10 days. I will travel next week and I have to get my periods soon. What should I do.
I am 19 year old in periods time suffering from much stomach pain though I. Take rest can you please help me out with any suggestion.
Patient often asks me why it is important to walk bare feet? In reply to this I always ask them one question, how many times they walk bare feet? Even in home we walk with slippers or footwears. Are we not deliberately disconnecting ourslef with earth? We all know earth has gravity due to which we are stick to the land. On the period when moon size grows from the amavasya (new moon), moon also pulls up as it has gravity too. Tides in oceans are on high. At that time when moon starts growing in size, we must try to walk bare feet so that effect of moon's upward pull or gravity has negligible effect on body. We must connect ourselves to the earth as we are earth beings. Walking bare feet even for shorter duration from new moon day to next full moon day has good effect on body.
In vitro fertilisation (IVF) is a medical procedure followed for those women or couples suffering from infertility or for certain specific genetic problem. In the normal course, women or couples experience positive results within a few IVF cycles. However, in spite of reasonable pregnancy rates, some women may require few more cycles to achieve pregnancy. In such cases, in order to ensure a healthy pregnancy, the gynecologist may suggest the women undergo Endometrial Scratching before IVF.
Endometrium explained in brief:
The uterus is located in the pelvic region and it is in the size and shape of a pear. The inner cavity of the womb or uterus is protected by the tissue lining called endometrium, also called endometrial. The endometrium plays a significant role in supporting the pregnancy.
The enhanced success of achieving pregnancy:
The endometrial scratching procedure is a very simple one, which is resorted, so as to improve the results of IVF procedure. In this procedure, the gynecologist uses a very fine catheter and makes a small scratch on the endometrial lining. In fact, the scratch causes a kind of inflammatory reaction in the uterus. This inflammatory reaction induces the endometrium to be highly receptive to embryos during the successive menstrual cycle. This added receptivity enhances the success of pregnancy during the next menstrual cycle.
Considering the higher level of success in achieving pregnancy, the endometrial scratching procedure has gained popularity in the IVF procedure. However, some of the other issues related to endometrial scratching may be as follows:
- Endometrial scratching optimises the uterine lining and thereby, makes it easier to continue the embryo implanting procedure. Normally, before the endometrial scratching procedure, the gynecologist may suggest endometrial biopsy.
- The endometrial procedure is usually suggested for those women who had two or more unsuccessful IVF procedures, despite having good quality embryos. However, in some cases, depending on the health of the patient and various other factors, the gynecologist may suggest this endometrial scratching at the very first IVF procedure. This procedure can be availed either for fresh embryos of the couple or frozen embryos or for the donor egg.
- Although this is a part of a surgical procedure; endometrial scratching is very simple and painless and it is done without administering anesthesia. The procedure does not require any hospitalisation. In fact, the patient can go home soon after the procedure. Except for a few pain killers, this procedure does not require any extensive medication.
This is a safe and easy procedure. Neither does it lead to any side effects, nor is the procedure burdensome for your wallet. Many couples have been benefited by this endometrial scratching procedure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I have no HIV after 3 month test and I have some symptoms so what should be the rate of STD checkup like syphilis chlymdia gonnorheo etc how much it cost.
I am 22 years old girl having whitish discharge still 1 year I have consult doctor but no use. Have done tests and have taken medicines but of no use. please help me what to do?
I received and given unprotected Oral Sex with female prostitute in USA 8 months ago. I'M not having any sign of STD or HIV. Is it possible in future?
Hi. Good morning. I am excretes daily twice, sometimes thrice. Now am pregnant. Second pregnancy. First pregnancy c-section. 8 months gap between first and second pregnancy. Failure in first pregnancy. So I started walking and workouts for reducing weight for getting second pregnancy.(56 kgs before first pregnancy ,66 kgs after delivery, 62 kgs after workouts, and used herbal life products after 6 months of c-section for weightless (62 kgs. Conceived. Now fifth month. What is the reason for excreting twice a day?
Both men, as well as women, suffer from intimacy issues that range from vaginal dryness in women, erectile dysfunction in men, to low sex drive in both the partners. It is not simply limited to lack of interest in sex, but can involve pain while having intercourse, difficulty in having an orgasm and maintaining an erection. Though there are various factors that lead to these ailments, there are great means of increasing libido and enjoy lovemaking once you have detected the problem.
Various types of impotence in women
Sexual dysfunction in women can be grouped into various disorders such as lack of sexual desire, pain while having intercourse and difficulty in orgasm. Alterations in hormone levels, changes in medication and other allied factors can lead to low libido as well as other sexual problems in women. Some of the most common sexual problems in women are:
- Vaginal dryness: This leads to a lowered sex drive and problems with desire and sex can be very painful as the vagina is not lubricated. It can be caused by menopause or breastfeeding. Even psychological issues like stress can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Lower sex drive: Lack of sexual drive can also be caused by lower levels of hormone oestrogen. Fatigue, anxiety, depression can lead to low libido along with certain medicines. For example, use of antidepressants can reduce the sex drive.
- Difficulty in reaching orgasm: Orgasmic disorders like delay in reaching orgasm, inability to have an orgasm can affect both men and women.
- Pain while having sex: This pain is often caused by vaginal dryness and sometimes a burning sensation can be accompanied during sex.
Sexual dysfunction in men
Some of the most common types of sexual dysfunction in men are:
- Erectile dysfunction: This is one of the most common types of sexual problem in men and is caused due to high blood pressure, diabetes or due to anxiety while having sex. Stress, fatigue and depression also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Ejaculation issues: These involve premature ejaculation and inability to ejaculate altogether. A history of sexual trauma, excessive use of antidepressants and anxiety about sex leads to various kinds of ejaculation issues.
- Low libido: Psychological issues like depression and stress related to sex can lead to the decreased or no sexual desire. A decrease in hormone levels, especially, if testosterone is low and side effects from medications lead to diminished libido.
All couples deserve to enjoy a healthy sex life which is crucial for the relationship. If you are experiencing any of these impotence problems, its time you consult a doctor.