Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hemalatha
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. HemalathaYour feedback matters!
My MOM is 62 years old. She had a problem of RETINA displacement in left eye and she is also suffering from cataract. Doctor advised to get the placement done of Retina first and then will go for cataract operation. So, we had a surgery of retina before one month but she is still complaining of pain in her eye after a operation for more than one month. When we consult doctor again and ask for the reason, he replied" The pain is because of the cataract and once the cataract operation will be done the pain will also go away" Please advise me what we should do?
I have red eyes from many years. There is no problem with my eyes. What should I do to lessen redness of my eye.
I'm now 19 ,I'm getting high fever since 2 days and yesterday morning my eyes were slightly yellow and when I see light it was yellowish ,I just took paracetamol and I have loose motion from past 2 days I suspect it is jaundice my tongue, nails are not turned yellow but I get yellowish urine only at mrng.
I am 23 years old female. Have been using contact lenses for 2 years. Now experiencing severe itching especially in the mornings. What is the medication for this allergy?
Severe pain in both side of forehead in veins. Mainly happens in summer when temperature goes up. Sometime everything seems to be black around eyes. Feel no sensation Please tell what to do.
My eyes turn red when I have bath irrespective of hot/cold/normal water. What is the reason behind it? What is the remedy?
I have pain in my eyes all the time. I work in my computer for 10-12 hrs in one company. What should I do? For skin I have tanning problem a lot. I have a T shape combination skin.
Hi sir I have cataracts in both eye by birth. Now I am 25 year old boy. doctors do cataract surgery on my eye when I was 6 and 7 year old. But till now I wear. Specs and I have heavy cylinder numbers but wearing specs I can not able to see like normal man I have poor vision even I wear specs In Right eye Dist/cost=. SPH 7.0 CYL 2.0. AXIS 150. WISSION WITH GLASSES 6/24 NEAR= SPH 4.0 CYL 2.0 AXIS 150. vision WITH GLASSES J! Left eye DIST = SPH 2.5. CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES 6/ 18 NEAR =SPH 0.5 CYL 4.0 AXIS 120. VISION WITH GLASSES J, I WRITE ABOVE AS eye doc write in my vision card after checking my eye. doctor said my eye lens which fit by cataracts operation is dusty so my vision is poor There is no solution! I first want to know can I deserve Low vision certificate by civil surgeon? 2nd thing I want to know is there any new technology for me? Who give me good vision even with specs. Kya ye ho sakta he cataracts ka re operation kar ke naya latest focal lenses fit liya ja ske purine wale ki jagah to me jyada nahi to thoda bahar dekh saku kyuki is sthiti me computer ke small font padh pa rahi sakta or degree hone ki bavjud achi job computer pe nahi kar pa sakta so please please ans me Aur kya contact lenses wear kar sakta hu? Jo dur aur najdik dono ka dekh ne me comfort de wesa koi contact lenses suggest kare Above all questions are very important for me so please ans it sir.
How to get rid of under eye bags, I have them since two months and it's not going away I don't drink and I don't smoke I sleep 8 hours and even in daytime But the problem is still have I need help from your best doctor's So give the best advice as you can.
I have a problem in my eyes I am unable to see things which are a bit far please suggest some eye drops or pills for this.
I am 26 year old man, Today I have found that I am suffering from colour blindness. So is there any way to reduce colour blindness..
Contact of the genital area), your risk of developing cervical cancer is very low. Women who have never been sexually active may therefore decide not to have a cervical screening test when invited. However, you can still have a test if you want one. If you’re not sure, talk to your GP or practice nurse. Find out why cervical screening is offered and when cervical screening is offered, which includes information on why some women may not need a test. Read the answers to more.
Hello, I have been having a boil kind of a thing on my eye lid for quiet a few weeks now. I have tried everything from hot compressions, meds to healthier habits. Even been trying some traditional remedies but nothing seems to work or get it down. What do I do?
I am a 29 years old and i am having head ache from last 3 weeks, I had consulted to the eye specialist but no control this pain. Please give me the suggestion.
I have red eyes from seven years and from two years my eyes is paining some times in a week what should I do?
Hello everyone: I know this is something all of us have dealt with at one time or another, but I just wanted to see what your coping mechanisms are and maybe someone can talk me off the ledge?:-) Last month, I started having right-side flank pain and now I have pain/burning below my right rib,
Allergic conjunctivitis is the result of a foreign particle (allergen) coming in contact with the eye. Once this happens, the immune system overreacts resulting into an inflammation of the eye. The eyes sore with pain. The over secretion of the histamine dilates the blood vessels causing the nerve to irritate and blood vessels of the eyes to expand. Some common reasons of allergic conjunctivitis include eye drops, pollen, dust mites, makeup and animal fur. The good news is that allergic conjunctivitis is easily treatable. Here are top five ways to deal with this condition:
- Taking care of the eye: It is advised not to wear contact lenses until the symptoms go away fully. If any medication is used, a person must wait for at least 24 hours before putting on the contact lenses. Sometimes our hands carry major pollens that result in allergic conjunctivitis. It is equally important not to rub the eye without washing both the hands. Many studies have also reported that frequent bathing of the eye with cold water helps to clear the symptoms quickly. Some even say that frequent splash of warm water does the trick.
- Avoid the allergen: Allergen being the villain behind the occurrence of this condition, it is very important to stay away from it. In peak pollen times, it makes sense to close the door. In case a person must go out, it makes sense to wear a sunglass. A pillow made of feathers should be changed every week to stay away from the infection. The number of dust mites at home should be decreased as much as one can.
- Antihistamines: To quickly get rid of allergic conjunctivitis, doctors often prescribe antihistamines. It can be in the form of eye drop or oral presentation. They can successfully counter the effect of histamine which the body produces because of the hyper activity of the immune system. An antihistamine can block the aggressive effect of the immune system in a short time. Some of the commonly prescribed histamines include loratadine, cetirizine, emedastine, and ketotifen. People taking this form of the medicine for the very first time should refrain from carrying heavy load or driving.
- Mast cell Stabilizers: These takes a little longer to act as compared to antihistamines. Their effects, however, are more lasting compared to its peers. Some of the popular mast cell stabilizers include nedocromil and lodoxamide. This medicine belongs to a non-steroid family and can successfully block the chemicals that cause inflammation.
- Corticosteroids: These medicines are only prescribed by doctors when the symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis are serious. They belong to the steroid family of medicine produced synthetically. They can reduce the immune response of the body quickly and reduce the swelling as well. They can have possible side-effects. It is therefore wise, to consult a doctor before using it. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!