Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gurusamy
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GurusamyYour feedback matters!
My daughter has severe cough from last 3 months. We consulted pediatrician for 5 times and the medicines are not working. X-ray and blood tests are done. Pediatrician says no issues with the reports and it's a dry cough and suggested to use the medicines advised until the cough stops. Please help.
My daughter 28 months old has mild diarrhoea. She eats very less and now lactose intake had to be stopped. So how much amount if ors can be given to meet the nutrient requirement of the whole day.
Hi, I want to ask question for my child. He is 6 years old. His weight is only 15 kg. He has no interest in any food. He eats very little. Also the main problem is he looks very thin, please suggest some food, exercise or anything else plz.
ADHD i.e. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a mental disorder that is commonly characterised by attention problems, excessive activity or difficulty in controlling one’s inappropriate behaviour, given his/her age. If ADHD occurs in an adult, the person might face significant issues in maintaining a job, managing time or being in a relationship.
In spite of being the most regularly studied and analysed mental issue in kids and teenagers, the cause, in most of the cases, remains unknown. The symptoms of ADHD might develop as one gets old. Apart from the common symptoms, the person might show signs typical to ADHD such as hyperactivity, inattention, impulsivity and disruptive behaviour as well as relationships and academic difficulties. The symptoms of ADHD need to last for about six months to be diagnosed as a disorder.
The typical management methods of ADHD include counselling or medicines, either used separately or in combination.
- Behavioural Therapies: Some of the psychological therapies used are:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): Focuses on changing the thinking patterns of a person that ultimately alters the way he/she generally feels
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy: IPT is a focused form of psychotherapy that involves symptomatic recovery and resolving interpersonal problems.
- Social Skills Training
- Family Therapy: Focuses on providing therapy to the individual as well as the family
- School-Based Interventions
- Parent Management Training
- Medication: Stimulant medications are the more preferred forms of medications for ADHD. They have short-term effects on the symptoms of ADHD. One such example is that of Methylphenidate. Non stimulant medicines are administered for people who indulge in compulsive or recreational stimulant use. Examples include atomoxetine, guanfacine, bupropion and clonidine. Although these medications are usually safe, over dosage can cause side-effects and contraindications.
- Diet: Modification in diet can prove beneficial for children suffering from ADHD. The benefits are usually confined to children having food sensitivities or those who are being medicated using ADHD medicines simultaneously.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!