Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GurusamyYour feedback matters!
My daughter first time fits on 16/06/2015 (9 months) due to fever. I took medical assistance. She survived. Doctors gave lipozam tablets up to six years when she get fever for first two days. I took EEG scan also. Doctor said it is good. Next so many times fever came and gone but no symptoms. On 26/8/2016 she got high fever but my five gave only one day tablet second day she did not give tablets. 28/8/2016 (23 months) we went hospital we met doctor after long time we waited and my baby slept. When we entered in doctor room she suddenly woke up and saw doctor and feared again she got fits. Sir what is this condition. What can I do for my daughter as a father.
My daughter is 5.6years old. Her first lower incisor is budding, but the respective milk tooth hasn't fall down. What should I do?
Sir my baby has club foot disorder in 1 leg. She is 11 days old. What is the treatment to be given and how much time approximately it will take to be cured. Who is the best doctor in howrah and calcutta and how much it will cost in plastering and treatment approximately. please guide sir.
My daughter is 12 years old her face texture has changed. She has got tiny heat pimples on her forehead and on back of her neck. She has got blackheads on her nose. She uses antidandruf shampoo for her hair and clean and clear face wash. Can you suggest how to remove that blackhead and improve her skin texture.
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child's diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child's diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Pulmonary function tests (PFT’s) are breathing
tests to find out how well you move air in and
out of your lungs
Lung function tests can be used to:
■ Compare your lung function with known
standards that show how well your lungs should
■ Measure the effect of chronic diseases like
asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease
(COPD), or cystic fibrosis on lung function.
■ Identify early changes in lung function that
might show a need for a change in treatment.
■ Detect narrowing in the airways.
■ Decide if a medicine (such as a bronchodilator)
could be helpful to use.
■ Show whether exposure to substances in your
home or workplace have harmed your lungs.
■ Determine your ability to tolerate surgery and
What is spirometry?
Spirometry is one of the most commonly ordered
lung function tests. The spirometer measures
how much air you can breathe into your lungs
and how much air you can quickly blow out of
your lungs. This test is done by having you take
in a deep breath and then, as fast as you can,
blow out all of the air. You will be blowing into a
tube connected to a machine (spirometer).
The spirometry test is often repeated after
giving you a breathing medicine (bronchodilator)
to find out how much better you might breathe
with this type of medicine. You will be asked
to repeat this test two or three times to get an
accurate measure of your lung function. It can
take practice to be able to do spirometry well.
The staff person will work with you to learn how
to do the test correctly.
It usually takes 30 minutes to complete this test
What should I know before taking
■ You may be asked not to take your breathing
medicines before this test.
■ Instructions will be given on how to do this
test. If you do not understand them, ask the
technician to repeat them.
■ It takes effort to do this test and you may
become tired. This is expected.
■ If you become light-headed or dizzy during
this test, immediately stop blowing and let the
My son is having leg ache frm last 4 years and now a days he is suffering from headache. What should i do?
Can you give me an idea how many times in a day a 13 month old baby should eat and an example of what can be given and how many times in a day to give cows milk?
My baby is six and half month old. Since we started his solids he is suffering from loose motion. Done homeopath as well as the allopath. Condition is better but not completely as before. Kindly suggest some advice.
Hi. My daughter is 9 months old. She has got a new teeth. So she has got loose motions. Till now she has done 3motions. Please advise any medicine. Thanks.
I breastfeed my son for 10 months nd milk was, very less. And now after quiting breastfeeding my breast is very small nd loose. What to do?
My baby is one and half month old she had a vaccine today she is crying badly pls tell me any way and medicine for relief.
My 3.5 years old Son is suffering from ACUTE TONSILITES, what is the BEST remedy except removing them, he is vomiting, hesitant to eat. Etc.
I have 1 month baby boy. But I have problem of feeding. For more feed of baby what I am do? please suggest something for come more feed for my baby.
My Baby is 4 years of age having rickets evidence shown. What next steps taken. Would my baby do not walk properly in future?
My grand son certain times exhibit aggrieved behaviour. He does not socialise with other kids. and is stuborn his age is 3 years. I apprehend that he is suffering from adhd syndrome. Whom should I consult. a psychiatrist or a psychologist ?
Hello Doctors, My son born on 10-April-2016 and currently he is having 55 days with 3.9 Kg around. From yesterday morning we observed quite frequently he is vomiting after having feed. Feed will be maximum with Similac Advance 1 with quantity of around 90 ml in the frequency of 2.5 hrs to 3 hrs interval since wife not having enough milk but still she was trying to feed him. And he passed motion yesterday morning with mixing of green and yellow colour after that now only he passed motion but smell is very bad and we observing like he used to crying lot for last 2 days. Kindly suggest your most valuable suggestions. We are awaiting for your response very much eagerly. Thanks
If you know the features of a healthy newborn, you would not required to call your busy family physian/pediatrician so many times. If your baby is/has
5. Passing urine: >6 times/24 hrs
6. Feeding well
7. Gaining weight