Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. GurumurthyYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I feel tired almost all day, at the same time my eye's feel pain is this reason of sitting in front of laptop around 10 or 11 hour? Please suggest what should I do?
I want to get rid of my spectacles. I'm 18 at the moment so can I get the operation done at this stage?
My mother had the operation of motiyabind for one eye at near 40 years of age and then almost after one year motiyabind operation for the second eye. Is it too early at this age to have this operation? If yes, then what could be the possible cause for motiyabind operation being too early?
I have a 2.5 myopia and my no. Is constant for a long time but I have been feeling pain back side of my left eye since I got specs I have checked it with doctors but they say eye is fine what may be the prob.
I am 19 years old . I have problem related to my eyes my eyes power is -3.0 . Main problem is that my eyes blink so fast I have no control on it . Why my eyes blink so fast I have this problem 2 years ago nd again I have this problem.
I have yellow eyes since my childhood. I'm not habitual of any bad habit. I have healthy habit and normal blood properties and always used RO water. What may be the reason?
I am of 20 years girl and I am suffering from myopia since last year. My right eye has -0.5 distance and left eye has -1.0 distance. Please suggest any type of eye drop which can easily available in mp.
My eyes gets red often and dirty every single morning. My doctors suggested E-flo and Napzol and late for dirt. What do you suggest.
White mucus come from mouth and pressure around eyes and feeling acid reflux in thorat please suggest me any medication are what is the problem I am dealing with.
Hii sir. I m 21 year old. I have an eye problem. I can't not see any things without eye glasses. This problem is approximately 5 year old. I want to LASIK operation to my eye. So pls suggest me. Thnk you.
LASIK stands for Laser In-situ Keratomileusis. This is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision. LASIK is suitable for patients who have shortsightedness, long sightedness or who suffer from astigmatism.
Here are the 5 benefits that a LASIK surgery offers:
1. Improved vision - A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
2. Quick results and recovery - This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
3. Long- lasting outcomes - A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.
4. No need of glasses - You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
5. Goodbye contact lenses - LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.