Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Govindarajan S
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Govindarajan SYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years women, I have wart on my neck from 1 yr. please give me some home remedies to remove it. Is there any medical treatment of warts.
A skin condition that is quite common in adolescence is acne. The term acne refers to a skin condition where the hair follicles become clogged with oil from the skin and the dead skin cells, resulting in blackheads, whiteheads, and bumps that are commonly called pimples.
Often referred to as acne vulgaris, this skin condition is characterized by oily skin and scarring that the pimples left behind. Though usually common in young adults and teenagers, acne is a long-term skin disease that can affect anyone.
A number of reasons can be responsible for acne invasion. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Excessive oil production: The skin on the shoulders, face, and neck has the maximum oil glands present. Therefore, excessive oil production of these glands leads to pore clogging, increasing the chances of having acne.
- Skin irritation: Sometimes, skin irritation can also lead to acne invasion. From prolonged exposure to the sun to pressure on the skin, for example, holding a mobile against the face or wearing tight clothes, or applying makeups consisting harsh chemicals can trigger this skin problem.
- Hormonal imbalance: The sex hormones being responsible for the sebum production of the skin, disturbances of the same during due to puberty, pregnancy, menstruation or due to any other health conditions can also make the acne appear.
- Medications: Use of certain skin creams or oral medications containing lithium or corticosteroids can also lead to causing acne.
The following are the treatment options available for treating acne problem.
- Oral medications: Antibiotics, anti-androgen agents, oral contraceptives, and isotretinoin are some of the medication types that are used to prevent acne and to treat existing acne-prone skins.
- Topical medications: Topical medications are the most common form of treatment options for dealing with acne. After analyzing the skin condition, skin creams or ointments are prescribed that helps in reducing plugging of the hair follicles which leads to acne.
- Skin therapies: Depending on the skin type and the severity of acne, there are various therapies available that can cure acne. From chemical peels to steroid injections, photodynamic and laser therapies and extraction of whiteheads and blackheads are there to be used alone or in a combination with other treatment methods. When the hormonal imbalances are responsible for acne, hormone therapy may be used as a reliable acne treatment.
- Self-care: A few good practices such as protecting the skin from excessive sun exposure and avoiding picking or touching the acne-prone skin area can help in managing and controlling the condition.
Acne can affect facial skin, skin on the back, chest, and the shoulders, and can result in white or dark spots and scars on the affected area. Often causing embarrassment and irritation, the condition, however, can be well-managed with help from your dermatologist.
How to stop hair fall naturally
Change your eating habits. Consume 15 percent of your calories from protein sources, 55 to 65 percent of your calories from healthy carbohydrates, and 25 percent of your calories from fat sources, according to staci nix in her book, 'Williams' basic nutrition diet therapy.' this balance of nutrients will provide your body with the needed protein, carbohydrates, and fat to allow for natural hair regrowth. Protein can be found in poultry, fish, low-fat dairy, nuts, and soy. Foods containing healthy carbohydrates include fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Your fats should come from mostly from vegetable and plant sources, not animal sources