Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Govind Raj

General Physician, Chennai

Dr. Govind Raj General Physician, Chennai
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Govind Raj
Dr. Govind Raj is a renowned General Physician in Ayanavaram, Chennai. You can meet Dr. Govind Raj personally at A C Hospital in Ayanavaram, Chennai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. Govind Raj on has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

A C Hospital

No 8, 3rd Main Road,United India Nagar, Ayanavaram, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Govind Raj

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am a 21 year old man. And I keep having prolonged fevers frequently like in every one or two months for at least 7 days. What to do?

General Physician, Cuttack
Get your blood examined for typhoid and malaria. Do a complete blood count. Consult doctor with report.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 31 years old. Have a bad cough for the past 2 months I smoke 4-6 ciggs a day. Currently I am on cough syrup and anti allergy medic kindly advice.

Pulmonologist, Faridabad
Stop smoking even single cig can be harmful. As cough of more than 15 days get inv. Under care of pulmonologist
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Mere papa ko sugar h pr un ki skin pr kahi v kbi v skin kch phool si jati h chote chote s pimple ho jate h or phr apne aap thk v ho jate kch time bd pta ni kya ho rha h doct ko v dikhaya bs dawai de di kch ni btaya pls help me kya karoo.

MD - Forensic Medicine/Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
General Physician, Pondicherry
Papa k age, weight, BP, blood sugar (fasting level), bhuk or allergy k bare me jankari milne par hi koi thik diagnosis bataa ja sakta he.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have less appetite. But I am eating food well and I gained weight. I am feeling little nausea and I feel heaviness sometimes.

General Physician, Gurgaon
This may be because of acidity/ indigestion/ gas avoid food from outside, junk, fried, spicy fatty food take small frequent meal kindly take 5-6 small meal in whole day avoid excessive tea, coffee do not postpone breakfast further treatment can be done after physical examination.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hlw sir my head is paining to mAch and I am feeling very low then what can I do pls help me.

Homeopath, Raebareli
Limit your screen time staring at computers, TVs or phones in the evening before going to bed Also take Belladonna 30 – for headache one dose when required.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I have migrain problem. What is the precautions of that and give some advice to solve this problem. Thanks.

MD Medicine, DM Neurologist
Neurologist, Dehradun
Take good sleep 11 to 7 good amount of fluid or liquid daily 30 min jogging or walking avoid late meal late sleep prolong fasting stress and heavy protien in your diet.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My heart beat per minute is about 110 is it normal what should I do to overcome this problem.

MD - Ayurveda, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Diploma in Yog and Ayurveda
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
Dear Lybrate user, normal heart rate is 70 to 80 Beats per minute. When heart rate goes above 100 per minute, it's called a medical condition of Tachycardia. Some times Tachycardia is physiological which is considered normal, sometimes not. please visit your nearby doctor to understand this in detail. They might suggest you for few tests like complete blood count, ecg, 2d echo etc. Regular practice of yogasan and Pranayam helps in reducing heart rate. Especially Omkar, anulom vilom Pranayam is beneficial. Do learn this from authorised institute. Thank you,
7 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest medicines and precautions to be taken.

General Physician, Nashik
I would suggest you Sitz bath: take hot water in a tub and add betadine solution, cover your anal area and sit for 15-20 minutes twice a day if possible thrice a day. It will reduce bleeding and helpful for healing. Wash the anal area with mild soap, pat dry and apply the Lignocaine jelly after bowel movement and at bedtime. Liquid cremaffin plus 2 tsp twice a day. You should prevent constipation by eating healthy food, which contains fiber. Avoid spicy, fatty, heavy meals and meat. Avoid smoking if you smoke. If your symptoms persist, I would suggest you visit a general surgeon for clinical and physical examination to know about degree of hemorrhoids. Treatment (medical or surgical) can be decided by surgeon. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any queries, I will be happy to help you. Thank you.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had unprotected sex on 2nd Feb 2016, I took I pill on the same day, then I again had unprotected sex on 19th Feb, 23rd Feb and 26th Feb 2016 but I was having mild bleeding from 19th Feb 2017, my menstrual cycle date is 26th of every month, do I have chances to get pregnant? Should I do pregnancy test? Kindly help me.

Diploma in Diabetology, Pregnancy & Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardiovascular Prevention in Diabetes ,Thyroid
General Physician, Sri Ganganagar
Most probably no chance of pregnancy. Donot worry. For 100 % sure you can go for urine pregnancy test.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have sex daily with my husband except on periods, now I want to get pregnant. My period starts on 30th Or 31st of every month. Pls advise how to get pregnant and advise some good positions for the same.

BDS, Certification in hypnotherapy, Certification in N.L.P, Certification in Gene and behavior, Psychology at Work
Psychologist, Gurgaon
Best possible days for conception for you is 9 th to 16 th of every month since your cycle seems to starts around 30th every month.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 24, height 5 fit, weight 40 kg, please help me to increase my weight I'm suffering from cold and cough always, I've slight eosinophilia, I'm unable to sleep at night due to blocked nose, I feel so cold in bed after 3 AM I'm also suffering from indigestion, always after every short or main meal I feel nature's 2nd call please help me, advise me how can I increase my weight.

BHMS, MD - Alternate Medicine
Homeopath, Nagpur
Don't worry because it's not a severe problem in homoeopathy there is excellent medicine for your problem and as you have told your eosinophil count increased as you may be allergic to anything try to avoid those and also do meditation it will support along with medicine.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am facing headache for last 3 days, please help me with this. I need your help.

MBBS, MBA (Healthcare)
General Physician, Delhi
Take crocin pain relief one sos. check your BP. check your check your eye sight. take healthy diet. take proper sleep rest. avoid stress and anxiety.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27years old man I have pain in my neck. When I turn my neck pain occur my neck and chest also. I have tested my xray, blood etc. The doctor said no pbm in there reports. What can I do next?

Orthopedist, Chennai
Hi Mr. Lybrate-user most commonly, neck pain is causes by bad posture and lack of exercise. Especially if you're a computer proffessional or use mobile phone a lot. You should meet a physiotherapist and learn about proper posture and some exercises. If pain persists you should see a spine specialist.

I got recent routine blood test done.My serum protein is high.What could be the reason? Please help.

MD - General Medicine, MBBS
General Physician,
The total proteins measured in the body is composed of albumin and globulin fraction. You have to tell us these value before we can comment. But generally speaking increase in the serum protein might because of your skin allergy which increases the antibodies in the blood which are basically protiens.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 20 yr old feeling of weakness for last 2 month & also feeling of fever sometime.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.Check your hemoglobin, Bp 2. You may be having severe physical and mental exertion. 3.Avoid stress and strain. Take adequate rest. You need 7-8 hours of sleep to remain healthy. 4.Take good nourishing diet, plenty of green leafy vegetables and fruits. 5Drink plenty of water. 6.Take one tablet of paracetamol 500mg sos after food upto a maximum of three tablets daily for fever 7.If you have recurrent attack of fever,do blood examination after consulting doctor 8.consult for further advice
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I think i have some type of worms may be tape worms, i have given stool samples many times but nothing had been detected. Please guide me how to diagnose posibility of having tapeworms in intestine ?

MBBS, DNB (General Medicine)
General Physician, Delhi
If your stool sample does not show any ova cyst present in stool of tapeworm then you are not suffering from any tapeworm disease, you can repeat the tests again to do confirmation unless you have other clinical symptoms of tapeworm disease
Submit FeedbackFeedback

At the time of making sex my pennis gets pain but when I apply oil or cream on my pennis then its perfect going well.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear user. PENILE PAIN could be due to Infections or inflammation of the bladder or prostate can also result in penile pain. ... Trauma, persistent erection (priapism), cancers, and Peyronie's disease (the development of scar tissue within the penis) are other causes. Sickle cell anemia may cause priapism due to blockages of small blood vessels in the penis. I suggest you to consult a doctor for physical investigation. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi, since 4 years I am suffering wit urine infection (e-coli) I have changed 8 gynac and 3 urologist but still count of bacteria is not reducing and whenever I have sex it aggravate please help me.

M.Ch - Urology
Urologist, Dehradun
Dont worry about count of bacteria. Take medicine only if you have fevr. Keep genital area clean and dry. Take atb hytrin 1mg daily at bedtime for 10 days.

STDs - 10 Reasons Why You Consult Your Doctor Immediately

Sexologist, Faridabad
STDs - 10 Reasons Why You Consult Your Doctor Immediately

It is always advisable to practice safe physical intimacy, which helps avoid many complications including unwanted pregnancies and STDs. Talking of the latter, while some like herpes manifest shortly after contracting the disease, some may take months and years to show up and infections like chlamydia are extremely hard to detect.

So, if you think you could have contracted an STD from someone, be sure to watch out for the following signs and symptoms.

  1. Vaginal or penile discharge: If you are experiencing anything unusual in terms of discharge (color, consistency, or odor change) from your genital organs after unprotected sex, it is always advisable to get it tested. The risk is higher if you are not sure of your partner’s history.

  2. Vaginal or penile itching: This could again be one of the early signs of infection and therefore it will be good to get it checked.

  3. Sores or lesions on the genitals: Whatever the size, shape or color, if you are seeing sores on the genitals, especially after doubtful sexual relations, visit your doctor and have a frank chat.

  4. Vaginal bleeding: If there is abnormal bleeding which is not normal for you, it could be a warning sign of an STD and it is better to get it checked.

  5. Painful sex: Again, if this is abnormal for you, it is time for a checkup. Note that this would usually be combined with one or more of the above symptoms and would not be the only issue you are having.

  6. Testicular pain: Pain in the testicles which is not normal for you could be another indication of an STD. This would not be the only symptom and would be accompanied by other symptoms mentioned above.

  7. Pain in the lower abdomen: Most STDs in men and women also have lower abdominal pain, in the pelvic/scrotal area.

  8. History: If your partner has had a history of STDs in the last one year, then the risk of you developing an STD is  quite high. In such cases, it is always advisable to get it tested. This will help clear your doubt plus control the disease at an early stage.

  9. Inability to conceive: Some STDs can cause infertility and so inability to conceive may require ruling out STDs

  10. Manifestation of symptoms: For more severe conditions like HIV, the symptoms manifest after a long time and include general symptoms of immuno suppression like fatigue, tiredness and slowly develop specific symptoms like oral candidiasis and other infections.

When in doubt, do not hesitate to get yourself or your partner tested. There is no reason for embarrassment and avoiding tests in the early days can prove very dear if the disease progresses to advanced stages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.

5138 people found this helpful

Hi sir, I have problem with my penis when I am doing masturbation my fore skin is not coming out ,when I try to force it in the time of ejaculation it is very painful and not able to take foreskin back .pls answer I am going to get marry soon.

BASM, MD, MS (Counseling & Psychotherapy), MSc - Psychology, Certificate in Clinical psychology of children and Young People, Certificate in Psychological First Aid, Certificate in Positive Psychology
Psychologist, Palakkad
Dear Lybrate user. Phimosis is a very common problem. In most of the cases You can clear the problem yourself. Apply oil on your foreskin and on the glans. Move the foreskin forward and back slowly without hurting you much. Because the oil is lubricant, it will be easier than without oil. Do this forward and back movement 20 times several times in a day. Repeat the same every day for around one month. You will get the elasticity and you will be able to retract the foreskin completely. Take care.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed