Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Goverdhan Pilli
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Goverdhan PilliYour feedback matters!
Sexual abuse of children may sound very scary and degrading, but the truth is it is a very prevalent problem. As much we may not want to believe, the number of boys and girls who are sexually abused, and that too by close family and friends is very high. This may be difficult to digest, but is the truth. The sexual abuse in male and female children is 50% in each group which is again unbelievable but true.
What is considered child sexual abuse?
Child sexual abuse includes touching and non-touching activity. Some examples of touching activity include:
- touching a child's genitals or private parts for sexual pleasure.
- making a child touch someone else's genitals, play sexual games or have sex putting objects or body parts (like fingers, tongue or penis) inside the vagina, in the mouth or in the anus of a child for sexual pleasure.
The thing to ponder, however, is that people who abuse children have a deeper problem. This could be due to a combination of social and psychological issues that the person is facing. Often helping identify the underlying problem could be a solution to the problem too, but this is rarely done. If you think a child could be subjected to abuse, look out for the following symptoms.
- A feeling of guilt or shame.
- Irritability and anger with minimal reasons.
- Mood swings, often uncommon in children.
- Feeling very isolated and sad.
- Very anxious and angry.
- Symptoms of withdrawal, not wanting to be left alone.
- Fatigue and pain in the back, legs.
- Loss of appetite, energy.
- Bruises (look out for these, which may not be in visible areas).
How to handle?
Given the fact that the offender is in close family and/or friends circle, the suspicion levels are quite low.
- The first step, therefore, is to open up and talk with either your parents or someone close.
- Look for support groups which can be very helpful.
- Do not be isolated though the urge is very strong.
- Build a daily schedule to ensure your routine continues (studies, work, etc.).
- Focus on exercise or other passions as they help you deviate your mind.
- Be sure to not be alone with the offender, stay in a group.
- Give out a strong message saying it is not acceptable, and do not keep quiet.
Homoeopathy can come rescue of the offender all well as the victim. If we see according to the point of view of who committed the crime, many reasons may come to the light and we can be treated accordingly. Usually, these criminals have a very painful and sad childhood. This could lead them to commit a crime like child abuse.
The following are the medicines to treat such people with anti-social behaviour-
- Nux V.
There are certain homoeopathic medicines which are helpful in the treatment of children who are victimized. The most common symptom is nightmares.
For treatment for actual physical and mental symptoms of the victim child, following homoeopathic medicines may help:
- Nat. mur.
Homeopathy is a safe and effective way to treat the victims as well as the culprits of sexual abuse. It focuses on the way patients have reacted to events and the personality of the patient. It helps to bring complete harmony of physical, mental and social well being.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Our 4 month old baby has gastroesophageal reflux (ger) since birth. she is unable to feed properly because of that & she is in constant pain. allopathic medicine suppresses stomach acid and caused more trouble with indigestion and colic pain. please help with Ayurveda medicine. Thanks in anticipation for your help!
Hi my son is almost 6 yrs old and has been suffering from fever on and off for the last 2 and half months. We took all tests including urine test, blood test, chest x ray, ultrasound on the abdomen. All tests were normal but the blood test alone showed that crp count was raising every time the test was taken. He has been on antibiotics (amoxicillin, pencilin, augmentin, pencilin iv) for the last 2 months and still falling sick almost every alternate week. While the doctors say there is some infection that is causing the crp count to increase they are not able to say what is causing it. Should I be worried? should I take him for a full medical checkup for thorough examination? please note that for the last 2 months they were diagnosing as tonsillitis, viral infection, bladder infection, possible pneumonia but nothing came out positive in the tests. He does complain of eye irritation and pain in testicles sometimes. Please provide your insights.
My 3 month old baby Wo 3 din se green green potty kar raha he baar baar Aaj Dr. ko dikhaya treatment kuch is tarah diya he BACTRIM GUT OK TUFPRO its ok or not.
Care of multiple birth babies
Often, multiples are born small and early. They may be initially cared for in a special care nursery called the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
In the NICU
The NICU combines advanced technology and trained healthcare professionals to provide specialized care for the tiniest patients. NICUs may also have intermediate or continuing care areas for babies who are not as sick but do need specialized nursing care. Some hospitals do not have the personnel or an NICU, and babies must be transferred to another hospital.
In most cases, you can be with your babies in the NICU at any time. The staff of the NICU will give you instructions on special hand-washing techniques before entering the area. In some cases, you may need to wear a mask. Occasionally, during a procedure, or when the hospital staff are making "rounds," parents may be asked to wait for a few minutes before coming into the area. Although most NICUs permit visitation of babies by other family members, limiting visitors is a good idea. Many sick and premature babies are very susceptible to infection. Siblings should be carefully checked for signs of colds or other illness. They should also be helped with hand-washing before visiting their baby brother or sister.
Most parents find that becoming involved with their babies' care gives them a sense of control. It also helps them bond with their babies. This is also important for the babies. It helps the babies feel secure and loved. Once the babies' condition is stable, parents are encouraged to hold and rock them. Staff in the NICU can show you how to care for your babies in many ways. Learning these aspects of care is helpful in preparing you to take your babies home.
Once babies are able to feed, grow, and stay warm, they can usually be discharged. Other babies who are healthy at birth may need only a brief check in a special care nursery.
Breastfeeding multiple birth babies
- Breast milk is the perfect food for your baby. It gives your baby many advantages compared with formula. Your milk contains just the right amount of nutrients. And it is gentle on your baby's developing stomach, intestines, and other body systems. It also has the best nutrients for brain and nervous system development and overall growth and development.
- Getting used to breastfeeding more than one baby will take extra patience and persistence. How soon you and your babies can begin to breastfeed will depend on the maturity of your babies' brains and body systems. A baby's gestational age influences the development of stable body systems and the development of the reflexes needed for oral feedings. A baby's physical condition may also affect when direct breastfeeding can begin.
- Lactation specialists can help mothers of multiples learn techniques for breastfeeding their babies separately and together, and to increase their milk supply. Mothers whose babies are unable to breastfeed because they are sick or premature can pump their breast milk and store the milk for later feedings.
- Families with more than one baby need help from family and friends. The first two months are usually the most difficult as everyone learns to cope with frequent feedings, lack of sleep, and little personal time. Having help for household chores and daily tasks can allow the mother the time she needs to get to know her babies, for feedings, and for rest and recovery from delivery.