Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopinathan
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathanYour feedback matters!
I have more tension and after eyes is red colour change after headache and fever is coming. Why. Pls help me.
I am 49 years old male. For the last week, For the last 3 days, I have severe piles problem. I have office working. Due to piles I can not seat comfortably in the office and I have pain entire day. Pl help.
Dengue fever is a disease caused by mosquitoes which mostly occurs in tropical climates. Dengue hemorrhagic fever is a type of dengue fever that may lead to decrease in blood pressure and severe bleeding. Dengue may lead to death if the symptoms of this disease are not treated at the right time. The symptoms of this disease are high fever, muscle ache, pain in the eyes, pain in the abdomen and nausea. It may also lead to respiratory problems such as breathing difficulties. Presence of blood in the stool and blood spots around the skin are some other symptoms of dengue.
The symptoms of this disease start after 5 - 9 days after being bitten by the mosquito. The disease usually lasts about 7-8 days. In case the symptoms worsen, the disease may become life threatening.
The various methods you can employ to protect yourself from dengue are:
- Maintain cleanliness around your surroundings: Make sure you keep your surroundings clean so that mosquito infestations do not occur. Keep your surroundings clean and dry as mosquitoes thrive in moist and humid surroundings.
- Mosquito repellents: Spray mosquito repellents to keep your home free from mosquitoes. Spray them keeping the room locked to make it more effective. There are multiple types of repellents available such as liquid or gas repellents.
- Clothes: You should preferably wear full sleeved clothes so that your skin is not exposed. It provides additional protection from mosquito bites.
- Mosquito nets: Use mosquito nets to protect yourself from mosquitoes when you go to sleep at night. They also provide protection from other insects that may cause infections.
- Don't store waste: Don't store your waste products for long durations as they may turn into a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Clean it regularly and make sure to keep the area dry.
- Using natural remedies: You may use natural remedies such as burning camphor as it repels mosquitoes. Take camphor and burn it for 20 minutes in a closed room to get rid of the mosquitoes.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am suffering from tuberculosis infection in my small intestine. Which type of diet should I tske please suggest.
I am not able to eat sweet things please help me I am suffering from diabetes. Any permanent treatment is welcome. Please help me.
Dear sir, I am facing the motion is not coming regularly, lightly cough and cold and gas problem and stomach pain also. Please give me the medicines.
I masturbate daily. Sometimes 2 times in a day. Does this result in low sperm count or any other sexual problem. Will it interfere with my sexual life post marriage. I'm talking only of physical problems not psychological problems.
Hi, I am Dr Khatri and I am an ENT surgeon. I will tell you something about Swimmer's ears.
The common causes are;
- Exposing to dirty water or long standing water like lakes and pond which contains a high content of bacteria.
- It can also be due to some bacterial like lisa dumas or other bacterias. But also can be due to some fungus or viruses.
The common risk factors are;
- Scratching or wrong ways to clean the ear.
- It can be due to middle ear infections which person already have and have discharge.
- Sometimes it can be an allergic reaction to the chemicals used for dye or something else.
The common symptoms are;
- Itching and irritation which can be intense later on.
- There can be redness in the skin, discomfort and later on pain in the external canal.
- There can be some discharge which later can be converted into Puss.
- There can be partial blockage or fullness of the ear canal.
Usually, it needs medical treatment, cleaning and ear drops. Also, you need to consult an ENT specialist. And meanwhile, you should avoid exposure to the water. You should not allow water to enter the ear during the medical treatment.