Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. GopinathanYour feedback matters!
Hello. I want to know that is there any chances of getting pregnant without intercourse & by daily doing oral sex.
I am 37 years old suffering from irritable bowel syndrome constipation type. Kindly suggest for herbal medicine.
I have paining in my whole left leg since 15-20 days, its become higher at night when I will led down over bed, I will not able not weak up directly from bed.
I am having a severe headache from last 3-4 days and there is a weakness in all body parts. Please advise.
I'm suffering from so many problems like ulcer pain, throat pain, recently I'm getting right kidney pain. While I'm taking treatment for one problem and another is rising I'm totally confusing and I want to check whether I affected with throat cancer. So please suggest me is treatment available for these problems under one roof which specialist I should contact is possible for taking of medicines for all these problems at a time.
Can anyone help for how many days catheter can be attached from penis. And does it cause any infection. If yes please suggest Thanks.
I am 23 old male Mere underwear area me dad (ring warm) hua hai main approximate 2 year se pareshan hu kafi medicine v liya but proper sahi ni ho rha hai (relapse) ho bar bar ho rha hai. So please advise my disease.
Hello Doc I am having pain in Left Ear from 4 to 5days, but still it is not cured. I having shown to Doctor also and given medicines also but it is still paining, it is because of Cold. So can you please advice in this.
I doubt I'm very weak in sex, I think I couldn't satisfy women, I mean when I'm doing masturbation I'm quickly dropping the sperm in just few seconds, I wanted to become stronger at this. Because very soon I am getting married.
I am a diabetic patient & having erection problem during having sex with my partner I am consuming viagra tablets are they safe do they have side effects if yes then which medicine should I take pls guide me or is there any ayurvedic medicine pls recommend.
I am suffering headache every time travel in a non ac bus. If it is ac bus, then no problem, what may be the reason?
My friend has blood circulation Problem to internal parts and semen discharge through urine. Kindly suggest the remedies.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.