Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Gopi KrishnaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 7 month pregnant and I have gum bleeding. And I feel rest less and I have feel loss of sleep.
While sleeping I have noticed that saliva is coming out from my mouth. Tell me the reason why it happens and also tell me the ways to cure it?
I am suffering with mouth ulcers approximately every 2 to 3 months, mostly if body heated I suffering a lot. What should I do?
I had pyuria in my teeth because of which my two teeth are waving and having gap between two teeth about 3 mm what should I do to fill the gap with home made remedies? Please tell.
I am suffering from teeth problem Please help me if you any suggestions I want to safe my teeth I hope you give me answer.
My front tooth is half broken and is bonded by a dentist, but I always get afraid that if the bonded tooth breaks while in college or in some function. So is it better to go for tooth cap? I also read that there is a new research going on to regrow broken teeth using stem cells. Is it true? Will our country get this treatment in near future? Thank You.
What dental floss should I use? And how many times in a week should I floss my teeth. How to use dental floss?
How to whiten the teeth naturally? And have a fresh breath whole day? Which toothpaste is best for whitening?
Frequently i am getting mouth ulcers and i am unable to eat any spicy foods or hot food. Please help me.
I am 35 yrs old female, I have yellow teeth and bad odour in mouth. The odour comes when I don't eat for 2-3 hours. What to do?
There is always the constant attempt to look better and more appealing. To this effect, smile designing is one particular specialty of cosmetic dentistry with the sole aim of improving a person's smile.
Photographs of various angles, jaw tracing analysis, and simulation of images on the computer are all used to arrive at an optimal size, shape, contour of the jaw and the teeth that can produce the best smile for a given patient. These changes are then replicated on paper and tooth models if required and detailed discussion happen with the patient. Thorough patient counseling is done before initiating work at smile designing.
Some parameters that are manipulated to produce a good smile designing are as follows - first the tooth per se followed by the soft tissues:
- Tooth color: In most cases, the tooth color is changed using tooth whitening material or laser. Trust the dentist to achieve a balance between whiteness of the tooth and natural look. In some cases, silver amalgam fillings may be replaced with composite restorations to improve the appearance. Bridges with metal backup may be replaced with complete ceramic crowns too.
- Tooth alignment: Crooked or misshaped teeth can be corrected using veneers in minor cases and by orthodontic braces in severe cases. Again, if the patient is very conscious, aesthetic ceramic braces (read more about braces) can be used.
- Tooth length: If too much or too less of a tooth is showing during a smile, that needs to be corrected too. Longer teeth are considered to produce a younger appearance than short teeth, which usually is associated with old age and wear and tear. The gums can be reshaped as a part of crown lengthening.
- Missing teeth: Teeth that are missing produce a very bad smile and need to be replaced at the earliest for a better smile. Depending on various factors including age and bone health, the choice could be a crown or a bridge or an implant.
- Tooth ratio: When a person smiles, the front tooth are the most obvious and should have a ratio of length to width as 4 to 5. This produces a balanced smile.
- Tooth texture: Mottling or rough edges on the tooth surface can be corrected by veneers or small composite restorations. As regards the soft tissues.
- Gum line: The smile is reproduced on tracing and corrections are made to produce a better smile, even if it requires gum corrections.
- Fuller lips and cheeks: Surgical procedures or chemicals may be used to produce fuller lips and cheeks that improve a person's smile.
The next time you are not happy with your smile, visit a dentist. With so many parameters that affect your smile, a little correction could produce a better smile! If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
Removal of teeth is gradually not the first option for a lot of dental issues. However, a large number of dental infections and other causes end in extraction. The front teeth, because of their visibility, are more likely to be replaced. The back teeth often go un-replaced, though they play a higher role in terms of food digestion and function. In many patients, reasons for impaired bite and crooked tooth are traced back to failure to replace a removed tooth. (Learn more to maintain healthy teeth)
Let us look at the some of the issues as a result of not replacing a missing tooth:
- Reduced chewing/digestive efficiency: The back teeth play a significant role in chewing the food and contributing to the initial stage of digestion. The salivary enzymes play a significant role in digestion when the food is chewed and removal of back teeth tends to make people swallow food faster than if good amount of chewing were to happen. Studies show that loss of each posterior tooth (molars especially) reduces tooth efficiency by 10%.
- Malocclusion: A malocclusion happens due to the empty space created, into which 3 teeth are trying to move. The tooth before and after the empty space tend to slowly tilt towards the empty space in between. Also, the opposing upper or lower tooth supra erupts into this space. Each tooth plays a critical role in maintaining the adjacent and opposing tooth in place, which is lost when a tooth is not replaced after removal.
- Bone loss: The tooth also is essential for maintaining healthy bone, and if not replaced, it can lead to accelerated loss of alveolar bone. Good bone support is very essential for construction of dentures, especially in old age, when complete dentures which are almost always removable need to be done. This is true especially in the lower teeth, where denture retention is a big challenge.
- Extra pressure on other teeth: Not replacing a tooth puts additional pressure on the remaining teeth, leading to accelerated bone loss and wearing off of the enamel.
- Esthetics: There will be a sinking in of the face when back teeth are not replaced, leading to a puckering.
So, the next time, tooth loss is inevitable, ensure you plan how to replace it in the earliest possible time period. The more it is delayed, the more difficult it is to replace it and the more expensive it will turn out for the patient. Fixed dentures or removable dentures can be the options, depending on age, food habits, finances, etc. Implants also could be another option, which is the new-age solution for replacing teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist, ahead of removal will help you plan better. (know more for Nutrition and Dental Health)