Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. GeethaYour feedback matters!
Hi, recently during an ultrasound it was found that I had multiple tiny cysts formed in my ovary (17 mm max). I have had irregular periods since September and stomach ache due to constipation during the whole of last week. Is it possible that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome? (No other usual symptoms like body hair growth present)
Hi, I am 34 years old lady. I got married 2 years back. My periods are not regular since it started. I was suffering from PCOD as doctor said. I took treatment from various gynaecologist but its not regular till now. Now I am not able to conceive cause I am not aware of unsafe days because of irregularities in my periods. Please suggest.
Hi, I do not get my periods regularly however it delays by 3 months every time from initial time of maturity, however this time its crossed 4 months.
Hi am 31 years old, am having two male kids, the younger one is 3 years old, they born by operation. In my second pregnancy I got gestational diabetics, later on it is normal, now wen I went for sugar test it was positive, will it b a problem for my next pregnancy, or it is the reason that am not conceiving. please let me know the reason I will b very thankful to you if you could help me out from this problem.
12 days missed period I have check hcg strip in my home result negative . I do have fear about it.Please suggest
Hello doctor My wife is 32 weeks pregnant and has swelling on face and foot. Also has varicose veins. Is it normal or might face complications How to treat.
Hello sir mujhe vagina me itching horaha hai approximately 2 month se. I had sex without condom after that took contraceptive pill and get harmed so much by the pill chhote chhote chawal ke dane jaise rigid se mahsoos hote hai chhone pr or skin ke andar hai baahar daane nahi dikhaayi dete hai khijlaane ka mn karta hai or khujla dene se or bhi jyada dard badh jaata hai daano ke upaar ki skin or bhi patli ho jaati hai or blood baahar aa jata hai skin itni naajuk ho gayi hai or andar katho chhote daane.
We've probably heard about it, read it and even watched it a few times - devices like TV and laptop take a toll on our health. But are the studies backed with statistics applicable to us? What duration crosses the limit between acceptable and dangerous. Given that both these devices are entwined in our lives not only to entertain, but also make our lives easy, how much can you really avoid them? The reality is that you can't. So here is a quick look at what impacts you the most and how you can manage it best.
1. Increased eye irritability: We are quite used to multi-screen viewing these days. We work on our laptops or iPads while we watch TV at home. While this may seem like a skilled process in multi-brain functionality, but it is subjecting our eyes continuously to artificial light, making us blink less often. Often extending to over 12 hours a day, a mix or laptop and TV viewing can cause dry eyes, irritability, and reduced vision problems.
2. Increased obesity: Having access to everything from groceries to jewelry online makes it unnecessary to move out of the house on a Sunday. This is a boon and a bane in its own right. Easy access means spending lesser time standing in supermarket queues but more time in front of the TV. This can lead to lethargy and obesity. This risk is very real in children and we are battling with an entire generation on the brink of obesity and related problems. Did you know that childhood obesity risk increases by 60% when kids watch one hour of TV! Don't even try the math for a year's worth of television!
3. Increased affinity for junk food: TV has more side effects than you think. It automatically makes us reach out for the most harmful foods that taste great but hardly have any nutritional value. From chips to pizzas to burgers to quick fix noodles some with extra cheese others with a copious quantity of salts slowly add harmful toxins to the body. The worst part is that we are so lost in our work or TV that we don't realize the quantity we are chewing down.
4. It affects your sleep cycle: Having these handy late in the night also confuses our body with artificial light, throwing our sleep cycle off balance.
5. The one-off cases are real for some people: We often hear horror stories about some 12 years old whose thighs burned up because of excessive laptop use. There are other stories about a man who came home after a workout and accidently touched his laptop's power cord to be electrocuted. There are other stories linking these gadgets to cancer risks. These stories may be played up by the media for viral effect but the fact remains that you never know when you can be that 'somebody'.
Digestive enzymes can help provide relief from heartburn, acid reflux, sluggish bowels and diarrhoea. A body in balance doesn't need supplemental enzymes because it produces them on its own.
Supplemental enzymes do help some people better access nutrients from the food they eat, especially if they suffer from digestive distress. Instead of reaching for a pill, consider your lifestyle habits and diet as a way to naturally increase the production of the digestive enzymes in your body.
Digestive enzymes may be in their most readily available form when you eat them in foods that are in their raw state. Raw food dieters claim that the digestive enzymes in vegetables and fruit are diminished when these foods are heated to 118 degrees Fahrenheit. However, your stomach acids often break down these enzymes immediately, even when you eat raw food.
But, increasing your intake of raw foods - particularly fruits and vegetables - can help cleanse your system and improve digestion, because they contain large amounts of fibre, antioxidants and phytonutrients. A healthy gut produces appropriate amounts and appropriate types of digestive enzymes.
Supplement your normal diet with foods that also offer large amounts of digestive enzymes.
Sprouted seeds and legumes, soaked nuts, papaya, pineapple, mango and kiwi all serve as a significant source of digestive enzymes. Avocado, raw honey, coconut oil and raw dairy products are other quality sources.
I m 19 years old. When I eat anything I m feeling uneasy n heavy motion occurs what is the reason and there is a late in menstrual but yy.
How to fuck the girl and when they ill happy in that time what should I do for his happy I want to do know how pls help me.
Hi I have a question regarding intercourse. I am planning to have a baby but during intercourse I have delayed ejaculation due to which it does not go directly inside vagina but gets left out at the edge only. Pls help.
I am 20 years female. I have pcod since last two years and I am unable to sleep at nights. I feel very depressed sometimes Excess growth of facial hair specially chin hair and I am having acne problem too leaving black spots on my face. How can I get rid of this? please help me out?
I am 29 year old Un married. My period was not regular. For this I have ben taken some homeopathic medicine. I have been use this medicine for the last 2 month I know feel that my heart beat rate getting slow some most of the time. So there is need to worry for my self.
I have pcos im unmarried. In last month I didnt get date in this month also I have no symptoms. I used myonext 10 mg for 3 months there after I did not use any medicine im scared about my health what shall I do now.
I am pregnant and going for 4th month. I have problem of not getting sleep at night because some moment goes on in my stomach. Please help.
The following factors are most predictive of a healthy marriage.
A. Growing up in an intact, functional family
B. Parents were a good marital model
C. Both parents functioned well psychologically
D. Atleast 21 yrs at the time of marriage
E. Marry for positive reasons to share your life and not driven by thoughts such as fear of loneliness, parental or peer pressure or to rescue someone.
F. Know your partner for atleast six months
G. Commonalities in terms of sociology, economic class, race, religion, education, common interests
H. Physical attraction with potential to develop an intimate relationship.
I. Discuss important life organization issues like, work, money, children, to live with parents of your spouse or separately and life goals.
J. Support of family and friends is essential building blocks in a healthy marriage.
K. Consider your spouse as respectful and trusting friend
L. Sharing important information about self, taking each other's opinion for significant decisions.
M. Marital bond of respect, trust, and intimacy grows stronger in first three years of marriage.
N. Wait for atleast two to three years before birth of a planned child.
O. Maintain positive, realistic personal and marital expectations.
If atleast 50% of the above is also implemented it will give both the spouses a lot of contentment and motivation to build a strong bond and improve each day.
By Dr. Sharmila majumdar, senior consultant sexologist, psychoanalyst
Avis hospital, clinic of sexual health, mental health. Hyderabad