Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gayathri
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GayathriYour feedback matters!
I'm 20 years old but few weeks ago I found some of my hair has turned white. Till now I found less than 10 of them. How can I prevent this for the rest of the hair. Please help me.
I am 76 years old male. My tips of fingers of hand and feet are getting cracks every now and then. Please let me have the treatment to get rid of this problem. I am using moistures like veslene.
I am 27 year old, my teeth goes yellow continuously and hair fall also. Give me proper solution for hair transplant or any other medicine.
I have urinal infection. Regularly pain and itching in lower part. Sometimes urin not proper. I have done all check up nd all are clear. But not getting right treatment. Whenever I have relation with my husband then pain occurs.
I had a deep cut mark in my left hand, is there any way of removing it, by some medicine, lotion or some small surgery?
I am loosing my hair I tried all shampoos but no result shown please give me the suggestions to control of loosing hair.
I am 22 yrs old female from chennai. My height is 151 cm and weight 76 kgs. I have pcos cysts in both ovaries and taking normoz tablet for it. I am hypothyroid and taking medication for that and it is in control now. Tsh is 4.17. I have kidney stone in right kidney since past two years. I have no pain or symptoms. Urea value is 22 and creatinine is 0.8. But the ultrasound showed that size has slightly increased (5.9 mm) what should I do for it? my cholesterol level is high. The ultrasound I did showed a fatty liver. My cholesterol level is 196 and ldl is 13. Ldl to hdl ratio 2.7. Is it a risk factor? should I take any medication for it? how to bring it to normal level? I am attaching my reports regarding cholesterol, thyroid, etc. Please have a look and comment about it. I have lot of dandruff in my hair. I am using shampoos suggested by my dermatologist but yet have lot of powdery dandruff. What is solution for it? please answer all my queries above. Thanks.
I am 22 year old girl. I am a hard core non-smoker, I noticed my lips pigmentation when I was 19 I thought it'll fade eventually but now after using almond oil, mint, rose petals, beetroot nothing works for me. I used to have very pink lips and the only cosmetic I used was Maybelline baby lips/nivea tinted lip gloss, occasional lipsticks. I want to find a permanent solution for this. My lips turn darker when in dusty atmosphere.
I've never touched a cigarette. Then to my lips are black. Is it related with my childhood as I use to lick my lips and use cover them with Slavia. If yes how can I cure it.
Pityriasis Rosea is a common skin problem which causes a rash. Although, it can occur at any age, it is most often seen in those between the age of 10 to 35. It is usually harmless and a pretty common condition. It is also worth noting that Pityriasis Rosea does not spread from person to person.
Causes: The exact cause of Pityriasis Rosea has not been identified yet. Some doctors claim that it is caused by a virus, bacteria, or fungus while others claim that it is caused by an allergic reaction.
Symptoms: There are a fair number of warning signs of the Pityriasis Rosea rash. The symptoms may differ depending on the patient's general health condition, the climate condition, and the season.
- Size and appearance at first: When the rash first appears, it has a raised border. Basically, it is a pink patch which can be single, round, or oval in shape. 2 cm to 10 cm is the usual range when it comes to the size of the patch.
- Few days or weeks later: After a few days, 1cm to 2cm patches appear on the abdomen, back, chest, legs and arms area. They sometimes spread to the neck, but rarely to the face.
- Back patches: The patches on the back are slightly different from the rest. They tend to be angled and look somewhat like a Christmas tree. Sometimes it is itchy, but it goes away within 6 to 8 weeks.
Treatment: Pityriasis Rosea goes away without treatment. It usually lasts about 6 to 8 weeks. However, in order to relieve itching at home:
- Apply anti-allergic powder.
- Avoid taking hot showers. Keep the water as cool as possible while taking the bath.
- Eat a lot of oatmeal and try bath products which have oatmeal in them.
- Hydrocortisone cream is very good for the itchy areas on your body. However, do not use these on the face or pubic areas.
- Use antihistamines, but, for children, you must check with the doctor first.
- Apply moisturizer regularly.
- Use gentle soaps and avoid deodorant soaps as these worsen the rash and the itching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.