Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ganesh. PYour feedback matters!
I have pain in my stomach, below the navel, for the past 20 years. The pain will be mostly felt at 2.30 am to 5.00 am early morning when the stomach is empty. It disturbs the sleep. I am unable to sleep after that. Recently I can see profuse blood in my stools. kindly tell me what should be the treatment for the above disease and which doctor I have to approach?
I am 43 yr old male. Quite often I am having burning sensation to the left side of the chest just above the left nipple. My ecg tmt echo sugar test is done and is normal as per the doctor. Also I have diagnosed for lumber spondilityes ls spine. In general I am having acidity also for which I am taking pantop 40mg before breakfast. Please advice.
My husband eats gutka and have diseases of fatty liver, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high diabetes. He eats medicine regularly. We have one child and want more child. But my husband have mental erectile dysfunction. What can I do for my husband?
Hi, I have regular gas problem in evening and morning from 3 months. I am taking dalia and khichdi in morning time and lunch only 2 chapati and dinner 3 chapati or Rice. Please help me. My stomach looks very fat.
I am suffer from gastric trabul food was not digestive so please tell me some medicines or treatment.
Hi I'm 31 years old male. My digestive system was weak but weight was increased day by day. Pls help me out of this.
65 years male diabetic from 15 years develop ulcer at base of great toe after thermal burn size 3x3 cm what to do. Is there is any medicine to enhance growth and progression of skin margin. Suggests me at the earliest.
One of the more severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
1. Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
2. Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
3. Crohn's colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas,
4. Ileitis: This type affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
5. Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Despite the uncertainty as to the nature of the specific causes of Crohn's disease, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
1. Immune system problems
2. Genetic disorders
3. Environmental factors
a) Certain edibles
b) Viruses or harmful bacteria
The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
1. Diarrhea: This can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in more severe cases.
2. In rare cases, there may be blood in your stool.
3. In more intense cases, you may even develop a fever.
4. Cramping and intermittent belly pain.
5. Anemia, due to a reduction in iron levels caused by bloody stools.
6. Weight loss.
7. Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus, called anal fissures.