Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ganesh. PYour feedback matters!
I just underwent fissure treatment. Now I need to prevent constipation and have a nice diet. But the thing is I eat salads fruits and lil cooked food that too with proper chewing but still the starting part of stool is hard but after that it becomes soft. I want my motion to be very smooth. Why this happens and ways the solution for the same? Please help. THANKS.
Hello Doctors, I am having gastritis since last 2 months, please suggest some effective cure and lifestyle modification!
I am suffering from mild hydronephrosis with mild fatty liver n my uric acid is 7.I m 31 years old. What to do?
Hi doctor. I need a small information. Recently since from last month. On my left side and centre of the abdominal was severly paining. Especially on evening and nights. When I ran for 10 mins its will automatically pain was started. After eating food some times its will pain sir. Mostly on left side. Can you give mida suggestions. And one more thing headache also coming when stomach pain was started.
From past few months, I am urinating a lot, sometimes it causes burning sensation too, and pain in lower abdomen too, please help.
I having pain in my anal from 5-6 days it increases when I go to bathroom after 3 days it stop paining again it starts and sometimes I feel something creeping in my anal and pain is in the right side of anus.
Respected DR'S I am suffering from pain particularly on my right chest down and right upper abdomen . It's like pricking pain. Facing this past a week . I consult a general practitioner, Dr. said gallbladder stone it seems. He advised me to screen Gallbladder Radionuclide Scan. All I need is how much scan costs. And is it treated by tablets or must go surgery. Any ayurveda part can cure it. Expecting your valuables advices.
Betel leaf is good for digestion. It is anti-flatulent and gastro-protective properties made chewing the leaf after a meal very popular.
The essential oil can be massaged on the stomach as it helps in the secretion of digestive acids and gastric juices..
Betel leaves are amazing ways of easing constant cough. They come loaded with the goodness of antibiotics. These antibiotics ease phlegm and also reduce the inflammation caused due to constant coughing.
I have severe acidity problem, as well as gas problem and migraine. So what medicine should I take? Please recommend me liquid medicine cause I can't take capsules. Even if it's in powder form that will also do. Cause I don't take tablets or capsules. Thank you.
Sir, for 1 month I am suffering itch while motion but blood was not coming I already use p6 tube for this but this is not working and I also suffering pain in chest different different sides for 2 months I use many medicine for this but no one is working I also done X-Ray but nothing was occur in Xray all things are good in xray please recommend me some medicine for both diseases.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.