Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G ShanmugasundaramYour feedback matters!
I have Thyroid problem. My TSH is high at 6.65. What to do if TSH is high? How to control TSH naturally and what lifestyle changes are required.
I am 45 year old I have blood sugar I use insulin also dirt particles come out of urine my hip also itches.
I am 32 year old and I think I am a diabetic because my father and mother is a diabetic what is the symptoms of the diabetes.
My mom is suffering from a increasing uric acid in her body is any medicine help to control this and her age is 50 year old and allopathy medicine is not suitable for my mom so can you pls help me pls.
I am diabetic from last 6 months and recently diagnosed with Thyroid problem where t3 and t4 values were high but TSH was extremely low i. E 0.01, my weight has reduced from 85 to 72. My body just look so weak. Everybody is office is noticing that I am just remain half of what I was. My biceps just looks like a kid who is just school boy. It's just 25 age. I am very tensed with it. Restricted to a few options to eat. Mental strength is going Down. As well as physical. On playing for just 20 min, my legs start shaking as if I am 70 years old. What to do? How to Deal with these problems. My eye has also got weaker by -1 number From -2.5 to -3.5 for both eyes. I am software developer. Should I quit job and do something else? PLEASE ANSWER ALL MY CONCERNS.
I am male, Age: 33. I am getting pain due to swelling at knee joints (foot area). On April 2016, My URIC ACID Level is 10.36, I took foot X-Ray and consulted the doctor, He examined and given medicines for 10 days. It is cured but again it is repeating. Then I used Ayurvedic medicines as per ayurvedic doctor suggestions which is gout relevant medicines. Still I am facing problem sometimes when I wake-up at morning. Recently I checked my URIC ACID Level but it is still 9.6. please suggest good medicines to resolve this problem permanently.
Klinefelter's syndrome is a medical condition in which a boy is born with an extra copy of the 'X' chromosome. Klinefelter's syndrome has an adverse effect on testicular growth and results in the formation of smaller than normal testicles. This affects the production of the sex hormone testosterone. It can also cause lower retention of muscle mass, facial or body hair and enlarged breast tissues. It is difficult for people who are diagnosed with Klinefelter's syndrome to father children because they produce little to no sperm and often has to resort to take help from assisted reproductive procedures to procreate.
Generally Klinefelter's syndrome is not diagnosed before adulthood because of the fact that there are few noticeable symptoms which might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome during infancy, childhood or adolescence period.
The few characteristics which might indicate the condition are listed below:
1. Development of weak muscles.
2. Taking above average time to develop basic motor skills.
3. Delaying in speaking.
4. The testicles haven't descended into the scrotum.
Boys and teenagers develop the following characteristics:
1. They tend to have longer leg and broader hips than their peers.
2. Onset of puberty is delayed or in some cases absent or incomplete.
3. After puberty, less muscular bodies and less facial and body hair compared with other teens
4. Smaller than average size of penis.
1. Klinefelter's syndrome occurs due to the occurrence of an extra 'X' chromosome in the cells instead of the normal combination on 'XY' chromosomes.
2. In some severe cases, there is the occurrence of more than one extra 'X' chromosome in each cell.
3. This is not inherited or a genetic condition. This occurs due to a random error during the formation of the egg , the sperm or post conception.
Diagnoses and Treatment:
1. Chromosome analysis and hormone testing are the two main ways to diagnose this condition.
2. Abnormal hormone levels present in blood and urine, might indicate Klinefelter's syndrome.
Early diagnosis and medication minimizes the effects of Klinefelter's syndrome. These include:
1. Testosterone replacement therapy. In treatment, testosterone is injected at regular intervals from the onset of puberty to ensure normal growth.
2. Patients also need educational support as well as speech therapy to overcome any barriers the patient is experiencing.
3. Removal of excess breast tissue and fertility treatment.
4. With the help of intracytoplasmic sperm injection, it is possible for patients with low sperm production to father children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.