Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. G.ShaliniYour feedback matters!
My father wants to change all his teeth and then wants new artificial teeth for replacing them.Is it possible whats the cost estimation for this?
While having hard drinks I am feeling a bad smell coming out from inside of my oesophagus kindly describe
I had a RCT in upper right molar. It has been done perfectly. I am having no problem with it. Do I need to have a cap fixed there.Please help sir.
How to use listerine for better results. Is it ok if I brush one time and use listerine other time. And I do night shifts so when to brush and when to listerine.
I am a 22 year old boy. When I was kid I don't brush my teeth properly but now I am brush daily. But the my mouth smell I feel very guilty please give me some ideas that the my mouth never smell.
I am a 38 yr old female. I have gaps in betwen my teeth (lower and upper front teeth) becos of wich food particles get clogged. I want some treatment to close them and enhance my smile. Please suggest.
Hi Doctor, I am a former jaundice patient. But now at times I am getting stomach often my mouth smells very bad. But I brushes 2 times a day. Please say me a solution and tablets to be taken.
Hello sir im chinmay of age 26 I had too much pain in my teeth and swelling too please hepl me thank you.
I am 18 years old. I want to ask how do I whiten my tooth either by naturally or medical treatments. Please advice.
Helo sir I am navin I am 20 years old man n I have suffering from cavity problem so what should I do.
I am suffering from teeth pain for last 2months. Which was a artificial teeth. What should I suppose to do. Please do me a suggestion.
One of the irritating conditions that can affect the mouth of a person is sores, which can be quite painful. These sores can affect anyone of any age group or gender. Sores may make it difficult for a person to eat, speak or even swallow. Here are a few ways through which you can get rid of mouth sores quickly or at least alleviate the symptoms to lessen the pain:
1. Topical products - There are various types of creams and lotions which are available in the market as over the counter drugs for treating or at least lessening the symptoms of mouth sores. Some of the common chemicals used to treat the sores are Fluocinonide, Benzocaine and Hydrogen peroxide.
2. Food and nutritional supplements - In many cases the sores are caused within the body due to deficiency of nutrients such as Zinc, Vitamin B12 or B6 and the doctor may prescribe special medications to supplement the need for those within the body.
3. Rinses - Certain special types of oral rinses are prescribed by the doctors when treating mouth sores. Most of the rinses prescribed by the doctors have a steroid, namely dexamethasone, which proves to be effective in the treatment of mouth sores.
4. Cauterizing or destroying sores - In certain cases where topical or oral treatments haven't worked it may be necessary to correct it by cauterizing or using a special device to burn and destroy the sore so that new tissues can grow in its place.
5. Oral medications - Certain oral medications may be prescribed for sores which are caused due to underlying physical conditions such as ulcers.
6. Avoiding spicy food - Spicy foods are also a leading cause for canker sores as it may cause chemical imbalances within the stomach as well as inside the mouth and hence should be avoided as much as possible.
7. Improving general oral hygiene - Regular brushing, flossing, and proper oral care will definitely reduce the chances of getting oral sores. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Hi I am a 33 years old female having a severe mouth odour problem. Whenever I visit a dentist. I am asked to get a cleanup and polishing done. After that the odour is not there for 2-3 days. Then again the same foul odour. I do brush properly. Is there any particular product which would treat the problem completely. Is electronic brush safe for use. Treatment. Then again the same ussue
Omega-3 fatty acids are 'good' fats that reduce cholesterol levels and 'bad' saturated fats from your body. They belong to a family of unsaturated fatty acids and are necessary for the normal functioning of the body. The body cannot synthesize omega-3 fatty acids; hence, you can get it from sources such as salmon which provides omega-3 fatty acids known as ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) and vegetable oils such as soybean oil, rapeseed oil and flaxseed oil that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid).
How can they help in gum problems?
A study, published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, was based on a survey called the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, researched and studied the effects of consumption of DHA on dental health. After studying data from over 9000 participants, researchers found that the people, who consumed the highest amount DHA amongst all, were 20% less prone to developing periodontitis.
Periodontitis is an inflammatory gum disease caused by bacteria that accumulate around the gums. It causes the gums to recede, leading to the development of gaps between the gums and teeth and loss of bones that provide support to the teeth. Periodontitis may even cause tooth loss.
The research showed that even consuming a small amount of omega-3 fatty acids offered protection against gum diseases. Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties, which help relieve inflammation of gums that occurs in periodontitis. Researchers from Kentucky University found that omega-3 fatty acids have anti-bacterial properties, which prevent and cure gum diseases. Gum diseases have been related to other conditions such as heart disease, pneumonia and diabetes, hence keeping gum diseases at bay keeps other fatal diseases away as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.