Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. G.RangakumarYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, My age is 28. I am having a problem. During sleeping I create a unusual sound. But it's not snoring. Unconsciously I made that sound. While I realize that in sleep I kept quite. I tried to control that and before one year I consult a homeopathy doctor, he said that it is due to tiredness and it will be alright, nothing to worry. But till now that is continuing. The exact thing is while I am sleeping I inhale air through my nose and while releasing I produce sound in my mouth. I did meditation too. But no use. Around 7 years approx I am suffering from this. I was too confused whether this is a type of disease I was affected or common. I am now working in computer field 9 hrs per day sitting job. Going to get marry too. Very shy that if my wife feel bad on me. Kindly help.
I'm having a thorat pain from last 4-5 days. Took a medicine also but its not working. Can anyone help me out with this? Whenever I swallow something it pains. Please suggest a good medicine.
Hello I want to know that how to treat an infection on ears. Actually when I wear artificially jwelery in ears then only within few hours I get infected. But I have no problem in using gold Earrings. And after get infected it will take more days to get rid off this infection and it's all time happening with me. I must say I have this problem since last 3 or 4 years. Hello I want to know that how to treat an infection on ears. Actually when I wear artificially jwelery in ears then only within few hours I get infected. But I have no problem in using gold Earrings. And after get infected it will take more days to get rid off this infection and it's all time happening with me. I must say I have this problem since last 3 or 4 years.
I am suffering from last 4 days heavy throat pain and also I am not able to speak properly, please give the advise.
I am suffering from cold and my voice also effected pls tell me what I do for my throat and my cold.
I Have a perineal Ent problem . Iam getting cold very often when i get cold My Nose to Ear passage gets blocked which is reducing my Hearing ability of the ear . I have taken treatment from Many ENT doctors they prescribe the Antibiotic buy i get only temperary relief but iam looking for Permanent relief
Swallowing food comes naturally to human beings. But when there is a problem, it is usually called Dysphagia. Esophagus, a muscular tube-like organ located at the back of our throat, usually helps in swallowing food and transferring them to our stomach. When esophagus does not function properly, dysphagia happens. Patients suffering from brain or nerve disorder, seniors and babies might have this problem.
People with dysphagia might witness the following issues:
- Difficulty in swallowing solids and liquids.
- Gaging, choking or coughing usually occurs when trying to swallow.
- Experience pain when trying to swallow and also heartburn.
- Swallowed food might come back up either through mouth or nose.
- A chronic problem might result in weight loss.
There are 2 main reasons, why the Esophagus might become dysfunctional.
- Due to some medical condition the muscles and nerves that help the esophagus work have stopped working.
- The esophagus is blocked by something.
There can be a number of reasons for both the condition. Here are the reasons why the muscles and nerves might not work.
Certain diseases can create problems with your nervous system, which in turn can affect the esophagus. These diseases are polio, multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, Parkinson’s disease.
- A brain stroke, spinal cord injury or brain injury can also affect swallowing.
- Polymyositis or Dermatomyositis are immune system problems that can cause swelling or weakness.
- The muscles of esophagus suddenly squeeze, which is called esophagus spasm.
- Scleroderma causes the esophagus to become thin and weak.
The esophagus might be blocked because of these reasons:
- Esophagus might have malignant or non-malignant tumours.
- Esophagitis is a medical condition when the esophagus is infected, got some allergy or even if a pill got stuck on it.
- People suffering from reflux diseases often experience the acid that backs up into the esophagus. This can cause an ulcer on it resulting in scars. Scars make Esophagus narrower, making it difficult to swallow.
- There are small sacs called Diverticula on the esophagus or the throat, often making it difficult to swallow.
- Lymph nodes, tumours, bone spurs can also obstruct esophagus and create difficulty in swallowing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.