Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. G.RangakumarYour feedback matters!
I am having cold for two days with throat pain and headache and congestion cough repeatedly. Please help me.
I Rajeshwari devi 73 year old facing the problem of sound in ear of ringing bell since last 10 years. I become so hope less when it ringing loudly. So please advice some medicine or exercise to cure this problem.
I have been diagnosed for meniers disease from doctor in Silchar & same has been confirmed by CMC Vellore. I was having symptoms of giddiness, hearing loss & tinnitus in the left ear. After treatments from CMC Vellore (Medicine taken Ditide, 90 tab, one daily; vertistar-16, 60 tab, 2 daily; stemetil-5, 5 mg, as & when required) giddiness has been cured but tinnitus & hearing loss still persists what to do now?
Tinnitus me diet batayen. Cold water pina chahiye ki nahin. Cooler. A.c.me sleep kar sakte hain kyaaa.Plz reply.
Hi, I am a male aged 44 years and having having persistent dry cough for last 15 days. There is a slight pain also in the throat and whenever the mucus comes out is very thick and sea greenish in colour. Pls advice.
I have sinus problem from 2 years till now iam suffering from that please share me how to get out from this.
Why do I keep hearing the beep sound in my ears after I listen to very loud music? The beep sound continues for about 15-20 minutes after I take offmy headphones.
I am 26 years old. Just got married 4 months ago. Had sex using condoms nd got allergic to dem. From den sometimes have virginia burning. Loss of appetite. Weakness. Stomach pain/upset. Yellow urination throat day.
Hi sir, I am 21 years old .my problem is when I wake up morning I will get blocked nose. Y dis happens I am suffering from this from past 6 months .and it goes of it won't be there though out d day .and night wn I slp I get once again D's blocked nose and if I try to clear d nose I will get cough and if I cough hardly for more time mnzz I will wheezing sound when I breathe .plzz say y D's s happening and I consult doctor he says cold and gives injection after taking that 1month it won't come and then once again it stars .y D's s happening. Is there any problem.
I am 20 years old I am suffering from brain fog situation like past months situation get normal for some days in between but for all other days it goes like same. Is it due to sinus how can I treat it?
Swollen gum at the back of lower left jaw Severe pain down the throat along that side Headaches that comes and goes over that side and Ear feels tight Gone to different doctors and all said it's an infection and gave antibiotics, but the swelling didn't go down neither did the pain. What should I do now?
I am 40 years of male and suffering from sinus and cold cough in head and my mind is blocked and I feel that I will get mad if I will not get proper treatment.
I am 23 years old, my left ear bleeds with some yellow fluids which smells bad and happens all the tym. Also have some hearing problem with that ear please gave me some solution.
I am 51 years old. My prostate weighs 42 grams. I sleep at 10.30 pm. Since the last few months, I wake up at 1.00 am and 3 am for passing the urine. I have been taking Urimax D since the last two months but even now I wake up 2 times and this is disturbing my sleep. Please help.
Hello Doctors, This is about my girlfriend, somehow she's got addicted to whitener inhaling. I told her to quit but she's found herself unable to quit inhaling. Please please suggest some useful and better ways to quit this. And one more thing recently she faced a blood flow from his nose, is it because of this inhaling habit? Please suggest us.
I am suffering from severe tinnitus. I know there is no cure for tinnitus, but is there any therapy which can help me to get reduce its effect so that I can concentrate on my studies.
Breathing is inhalation and exhalation, where oxygen is inhaled into and carbon dioxide is released from the body. Air passes through the nose, which has fine hair and mucus to filter out suspended particles in the air like pollen. When the person’s immunity is weakened or is highly reactive, the mucosa reacts to many substances which are generally present. This is known as allergic rhinitis.
Types: Depending on the occurrence, it can be:
- Seasonal: For instance, in spring when there is too much pollen in the air; known as hay fever. This is an acute rhinitis and subsides with a change in weather.
- Chronic: This is when the body reacts to some normal substances like eggs, animal dander, extreme cold, dust, mites, etc. via an allergic reaction.
Causes of allergic rhinitis as per Ayurveda
- Mandagni – low digestion strength
- Kapha vruddhi – increase of Kapha dosha
- Allergens – external factors such as pollen, dust etc
- Residing with pet animals
- Exposure to humidity, dust, cold
- Virudh aahara – wrong food combinations
- Long term intake of drugs like aspirin, leading to depleted immunity and making the person prone to dust allergies.
- Runny nose for prolonged periods of time
- Chronic congestion
- Persistent sneezing
- Teary eyes
- Fever and headache
Ayurveda believes that this is due to excessive kapha dosha. So, in order to manage allergic rhinitis, two approaches should be taken. Foods which increase kapha should be avoided, and elimination of kapha from the body should be targeted.
Non-medical ways to combat allergic rhinitis:
Prevention has a big role to play in managing allergic rhinitis.
- Whether it is animal dander, eggs, tomatoes, or extreme cold, if you know it could cause an attack, stay away from it.
- Chew foods properly to ensure through absorption of vitamins and minerals, which are essential for immunity
- Boil water with a spoonful of turmeric and a pinch of salt and drink it regularly
- Basil and mint leaves can be boiled in water and consumed for improving allergic rhinitis
- Clove and pepper can be chewed to get immediate relief
- A mixture of crushed clove and pepper mixed with turmeric and honey works wonders for allergic rhinitis
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. They are more likely to be chemical-free, are cheaper, fresher, and definitely more nutritious.
- Carrots eaten with a bit of fat produce the best defense against allergic rhinitis, as the beta-carotene in it is fat soluble.
- Whole grains, green leafy vegetables, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and dairy products, contain a number of vitamins and minerals which help in fighting allergic rhinitis
- Ayurvedic remedies like shilajit and guduchi boost immunity function
- Neem, Ashwagandha, liquorice, cinnamon, tulsi, and curcumin are proven remedies for allergic rhinitis.
- Panchakarma specifically aimed at rhinitis include Nasya, Dhoomapana (medicated smoking) and emesis (vaman ). This helps in eliminating kapha which is believed to cause allergic rhinitis.
Though allergic rhinitis is a very common condition, the treatment is also easy and many home remedies help in managing the condition.
- Always keep cloves and black peppers with you. Immediately keep two pieces of it in mouth when you feel of attack.
- At the pre attack or attack rub Nilgiri oil , Mint oil, or pain balm on chest and get fomentation.
- Keep watch on the elements that causes irritation for you and stay away from this.
- Use mask while driving vehicle or going through public places.
- Always take warm water bath.
- Do not expose to hot sunrays.
- Regularly take inhalation of steam.
- Regularly go for morning walk in warm weather.
- Do sufficient exercise.
- Do not reside in dark or dump places. Get fresh air.
- Do not get sleep at day time or immediate after dinner.
- Take sufficient rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.