Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. G.PraveenaYour feedback matters!
I am std infected and I have pain in my leg and my Uric is 6.9 normal. Please tell me what should i do to cure?
I have been trying to conceive, got spotting 10 days before my next period. I thought that it might be implantation bleeding. For two days it was just spotting but today (3rd day) it started bleeding little heavy and have all the symptoms of my periods. Is it periods or still implantation bleeding? Please suggest.
I am 28 years old now my wife is 1 month 10 days pregnant. She is suffering from vomiting since few days can you please tell how to get rid of this problem.
I had sex with my boyfriend 4 times in one night without protection but he doesn't ejaculate inside so is there need to take I pill? and if I do sex 3-4 times in one night so how many contraceptive pills need to take, is there 1 pill sufficient to avoid pregnancy.
Hello. I am 2o years old I am trying to conceive. I actually tried for 4 months and I conceived. But it turned out to b chemical pregnancy. I had and ultra scan of pelvis and everything was cleared. But eventually after 20 - 21 days on 11 January I had brown discharge light in quantity for 2 days and my period started but this tym it stayed longer (5 days heavy) and 6th no bleeding at all. So my next due date stands to b 13 FEB as I have 30 days cycle but in between on 28 th of jan I had 2 three drops of blood which I thought as ovulation spotting and continued to have and before that spotting also I had sex. So that I could conceive but now on 18 of January I got period (5 days late. With clear red blood. My question is why I am not able to conceive. My thyroid report blood report everything is cleared even the pelvis ultrasound shows everything is cleared. How long it will take. should I use ovulation prediction kit. Because this month I anyhow wish to get pregnant. Kindly suggest.
I have pcod and I gained weight frequently. My breast enlarged rapidly in result I have developed stretch mark which looks odd please help.
I had normal delivery 3 weeks ago I had stitches for disolve but dukh raha hai aur kanto ki tarah chub raha hai plzz suggest anything to do.
I am 22 years old. After my sex my period got delayed for 5 days. Today I have received my period but its paining a lot. Stomach cramp. How to reduce the pain should I go to a doctor for it.
Few days ago I am married so we don't child in 2 year & I want not a use any safety. So how can.it possible
Dear sir Konse time me sex karne se pregnancy ka chance rheta he. Means MC cycle me konse din sex krnese pregnancy rheta he. Please give me detail in hindi in brief. Thank you.
I have been married for a year now & my husband visits every 6 months. Last feb when I & my husband went on a vacation we had protected sex four days in a row wherein the 1st day I had an i pill, 2nd and 3rd day we used condom approx 9 (4+5) & 4th day i-pill Since then I have been getting periods every month after 24-28 days but lasts only 2 days Also I have been experiencing weakness Hairfall problem, joints pain, headache Also there is constant mild pain in my abdomen & before periods there is also lower right back pain. Before february I had my periods normally which lasted 4-5 days and pre periods symptoms were leg pain and pain in abdomen. please help.
I am 25years and have missed my periods by 8 days. What should I do I tried the home pregnancy test and its negative.
How to reduce pcod I get periods of almost one month with a very heavy flow with clots and I feel it creates male hormones too so can I get some suggestions?
My age is 30. I am trying to get pregnant, but not able to. During ultra sound doc detected formation of multiple small egg instead of one large egg. please suggest.
Hello doc I am 9 week pregnant and I am usually eating kissan mixed fruit jam, I read it contain papaya and pineapple .is it dangerous for me and my baby. please help. I am scared much.
I am 42 years male. Married since 15 years. We have no child. We need a children. Please suggest me some good medicine or doctor.
Is there any ayurvedic medicine to get strong pregnancy, my wife and me are in good heath condition. Please advise.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Related Tip: "What is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome?"
The word weight loss brings an image of starving, eating just enough to survive, and reduce weight. However, that is not the case always. There are some foods that can actually help burn fat, the more you eat of these on a regular basis, the lesser the chances of you growing fat. The good old coconut, which has formed a regular part of our diet for ages is one such wonderful item. Listed below are some benefits that show how coconut helps in weight loss.
- Good Fiber: Foods usually contain two types of fibers soluble and insoluble. The soluble usually contains sugar and starch. These are digested to provide calories. The non-soluble on the other hand is not digested and only provides roughage. Coconut contains an astounding 61% of non-soluble fiber, which is completely devoid of calories and therefore, no contribution whatsoever to weight loss.
- Instant Energy Source: For athletes and sports people, coconut provides an instant source of energy with lesser number of calories. This energy can help them curb hunger for prolonged period of time. People who eat coconut regularly can go without food for longer hours without experiencing symptoms of low blood sugar.
- Lowered Glycemic Index: The glycemic index is an indication of how fast sugar is released into the bloodstream, leading to higher sugar level. Sugar has a glycemic index of about 80 and coconut is about 35. Therefore, it reduces the pace at which sugar is released into the body and does not promote formation of fat. Coconut is also easy on the pancreas, not pushing it to pump insulin into the system.
- Reduced appetite: By improving insulin secretion and promoting blood glucose usage, the cravings to have something sweet to boost energy is reduced. The super nutritious coconut is digested to right away produce energy and consume it, thereby improving endurance.
- Good fat source: The coconut is a rich source of medium chain fatty acids which are good for health. Unlike the long chain fatty acids, which contribute to weight gain, the medium ones are good for heart and do not add to weight in a big way.
- Easy on the stomach: Coconut also improves digestion in general and improves absorption of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids) from other food substances, thereby improving overall nutrition. The good fiber, good fat and good sugar all add to the immense benefits of coconut. Not just whole coconut, even coconut oil and coconut milk are being used more now.
Not just weight loss, coconut is also very healthy for the heart, skin, and hair. It has no trans-fat, no gluten, is nontoxic and hypoallergenic and boosts immunity. Eat coconut in any form and enjoy the various benefits.