Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G.PraveenaYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex on 10th June and within the next hour I took unwanted 72. I experienced withdrawal bleeding from 21st to 23rd June. My last period was from 29th May to 1st June and as predicted by my period app, my scheduled period date was 30the June but I'm 8 days late. So I took a pregnancy test (I Can) which was negative. I still haven't gotten my period. Is pregnancy possible?
My girlfriend missed her periods for 10 days and we used withdrawal method and i'm sure that I didn't ejaculate inside her I don't know what to do now and we are not in a position to have a baby and we can't even let our parents know, help!
Hello. I am 23. My periods was due on 24th but I dint get my periods, however my periods are quite regular and some times there is a delay of periods by a week also. So I am still expecting my periods by this month end. But I am traveling on 1st of april and have a lot of traveling to do till 7th april. I was thinking about delaying my periods till 7th. A lot of my friends told me that it is safe that once in blue moon we take medicine to delay the periods. But in my mind there is a great deal of hesitation, I have never done anything to go against nature till date and I feel delaying periods for 7-10 days may harm me. What should I do? Please provide me a good guidance regarding this. Thank you.
Meri girl freind ko mc 7 din baad aaj halka aayi hai pregnency test kiya to ek line dark pink hai aur dosri line lite pink hai main isko kya samjhu wo pregnent hai ya nhi please help me.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I have two daughters and want a son now, but am unwilling to adopt sex determination or abortion. Please advise.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Which of the baby delivery is best. A normal delivery or a surgical delivery. Coz my frnd suggested me that by surgical delivery she has to face pain for a long time period and there would be big scars of stitches on her stomach. So please tell me about it.
I am 23 years old. I am having hormonal imbalance. Doctor has prescribed me normoz tablet twice daily for 6 months. I started having it from 18th march 2016 and I have got my period early after having it and its not been a month and I got my period again. Is it fine or not? Is the medicine good.
In which days of the month can a woman get pregnant (if precaution isn't used)? Is it risky for life if a woman above 30 years of age conceives for the first time in her life?
Shirodhara rejuvenates and revitalizes the body and mind, relieves stress and strain related problems, slows the aging process, improves memory and is known to cure paralysis, insomnia, depression, anxiety, hypertension and other neurological disorders. It also bestows better vision, better hearing, clears nasal problems and ultimately strengthens your physical constitution.
The shirodhara offered by arogyam ayurveda is the authentic kerala treatment, unlike the head massage only type offered by many ayurveda centres and spas.
[shirodhara promotes profound relaxation with the steady flow of warm herbal oil poured on the forehead. It is beneficial for stress related disorders as it calms the nervous system, pacifies vatha and increases mental resilience. Its soothing, meditative effect releases deep seated tension and tiredness whilst also stilling restless or overactive minds. It can also be used to balance mood fluctuations, enhance intuition, increase mental clarity and improve memory. An unforgettable experience of pure bliss.
I am 25 years old, married. My weight is 43. From last month I am having irregular champs. Usually my periods complete in 5-6 days but now it is extending 10-13 days. In first 7 days I am having light and brown periods. Then suddenly it flows heavily. Pls suggest me wat to do because I am worried about my health. And in every 2 hours I am getting hungry.
I miss my periods from last 2 months. Suddenly I have urin infection I do pregnancy test which is negative do I am pregnant?
I am 9 weeks pregnant and due to vomiting and indigestion am not able to eat any thing. Even if I take water am getting vomiting. From last 1 week am not eating anything. Does this effect my baby?
- Most women realize that what they eat during pregnancy can have important effects on the health of their baby. however, very few expecting mother know exactly what to eat and what to avoid.
- Like weight lifters building new muscle tissue after their strength training sessions, pregnant women’s bodies are in building mode. But instead of building your own muscle tissue, you’re building the baby’s tissue.
My spouse age is 41 years. She is healthy non-diabetic and non-bp. From past 4 months she is getting her periods 5 to 6 days later. This month shet got after a gap of 45 days and bleeding not stopped even after 7 days. But there is no stomach pain or any other pain during bleeding. She know is moving towards menopause. My question is it normal or she need to take any medicine.
One of the effects of pregnancy is lowered libido. Pregnancy can tire out a woman and put a hold on her relationship with her partner. Even after the baby is born, a woman may not feel inclined to have a sexual relationship with her partner. Though this is normal, it can lead to problems in your relationship. Hence it becomes important to put in an effort towards maintaining intimacy with your partner in a relationship. Here are a few ways to keep the spark alive:
Find alternative ways of staying close: Having intercourse when you have no desire for it makes it a chore. Instead of having sex for the sake of it, find other ways to be intimate. For example, you could take a shower together or massage each other. Being physically intimate can also be as simple as holding hands or touching your partner when you walk past them. A quick hug before leaving the house for work in the morning is also a good idea.
Communicate openly: A woman is not the only person hesitant about sex when pregnant or caring for her newborn. Men may also feel hesitant to initiate sex in the fear of hurting his woman. Many men also become extra gentle with regards to their partner when she is pregnant. Hence, it becomes important to communicate openly and share your feelings and thoughts. Do not be afraid to tell your partner when you feel uncomfortable about your body or when your libido surges suddenly.
Do something together: It is easy to get overwhelmed with preparing for a baby or looking after one. However, it is important to set some time aside for an activity that both of you can do together. It could be as simple as drinking a cup of tea together in the morning, solving a crossword puzzle or watching a television show at before going to bed. The idea is to give each other attention for at least a little time every day.
Accept the changes: A woman’s body undergoes a lot of changes when she is pregnant. Do not fight against these changes but accept them as they are and roll with it. Be prepared for breast milk to leak or for a little urinary incontinence. This is normal. It may help to dim the lights while having intercourse or putting down a rubber sheet over the bed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Some probiotics available in Indian market are Nutifit / Yakult