Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. G.PraveenaYour feedback matters!
My last period date was 12 April but when they not comes because of pregnancy after that am took MTP tablet. Now am fine but when my period will start again.
I am 40 yes old, was diagnosed hyperthyroidism during 3rd pregnancy. I have been untreated since that time. That has been 4 years ago. I try to educate myself and live as drug free as possible. Months ago I was hospitalized for bad kidney infection and I don't think I ever recovered from it. My urine since then has been consistency dark in color and has very strong odor. I have no pain or irregularities otherwise. I have a bad diet n I don't consume many liquids. I cannot gain weight and desperately want to. I suffer from high anxiety and it keeps me from eating. I also am social drug user of methamphetamine. Help, I cannot afford a doctor.
I am 23 years recently married I got pregnancy, me and my husband not interested in it, how can I abort it.
My wife has given still baby birth through c-section for first time. So after how many days we need to wait for next baby.
I have last periods on 28th, now it's 1 month over but it has not started, I had sex 2 times in last month but it was protected using condom, currently I am feeling pain like periods will start but still not, please advise what should I do? As I am not married and don't want to pregnant.
I am suffering from breast pain and itching so much for last one week I am only 25 years girl please tell me it reason and what to do.
Dear sir. My wife's period time is 6th of the month .but after sex last month his period is off till now. But we test urine for pregnancy then we get negative result but till now her period is off. Please ans me what to do?
My wife has just missed periods and it appears she is pregnant. We do not want this pregnancy as we already have two kids. How can we terminate this at earliest. Pls advise.
Hi im 19 years old and my bf is of 23 years old .yesterday we had unprotected sex .my period date for this month is on 12 nov and he removed his penis as soon as sperm came .i am worried that if I get pregnant, should I consume any pill or have test.
I want to get pregnant in the month of may and would follow doctors advice of having intercourse from day 11 to day 21 (alternative days) after periods and hav 5 mg folic acid. What are the chances that I can really get pregnant? I am really worried and want to get pregnant soon. I am trying since a week and feeling a bit of heaviness in my stomach and feeling sleepy too. Do you think I should check the pregnancy. If the result comes negative so I do not want to delay my pregnancy I want it any how so how can I get d goal achieved In the month of may itself.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a medical condition related to a woman’s endocrine system. Generally, this disorder is characterised by an imbalance of the sex hormones (oestrogen and progesterone), which leads to the development of multiple small cysts in the ovaries. Symptoms of PCOS include acne, irregular menstrual cycle and depression to name a few.
The causes of PCOS have not been accurately identified so far, but researchers suggest that the following factors might contribute to the onset of the condition.
- Increased amount of insulin secretion- Women suffering from insulin resistance may get Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) as their body is not able to effectively use this insulin, which results in increased insulin secretion by the pancreas. This, in turn, triggers more androgen (male sex hormone) production in the ovaries, making it difficult for the ovaries to ovulate.
- Genetic factor- If you have a family history of PCOS, it’s highly probable that you may also get it as the disease is linked with your genes.
How To Live with PCOS?
PCOS comes with numerous side effects like acne, obesity, infertility, excessive facial or body hair among others. There are certain lifestyle changes, which you may consider to manage PCOS and minimise its side effects.
- Change your diet - Opt for a low carbohydrate, low sugar diet to keep your insulin levels in control, as insulin is responsible for increasing the severity of PCOS symptoms.
- Try to maintain an ideal body weight - Obesity is known for worsening insulin resistance, and you can prevent this by regularly keeping your weight in check. You can practice some easy at-home exercise to reduce weight besides having a balanced diet.
- Get yourself checked regularly - Visit a doctor and get yourself checked regularly for potential health risks as PCOS is often associated with increased chances of diabetes, heart diseases, certain forms of cancer, hypertension, and high LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
- Join a support group - Joining a PCOS support group will help you cope with your emotional difficulties, while helping you to live a better life by cultivating an optimistic outlook. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
This anti-wrinkle homemade face mask is the most natural solution to get rid of signs of aging. In addition, it is very easy to prepare, but what is more important it is cheap, so that not only the face, but your wallet will thank you.
1 egg white
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Place the egg white in a bowl, and beat it until it foams. Then add the lemon juice. Continue beating for several minutes until a homogeneous mixture is made.
The first thing you need to do is to thoroughly clean the face. Do not forget your neck.
Then, make sure your hands are clean, and with your fingers, take a little mixture, and apply the mask on your face gently, in circular motions. Leave it on the face for about 5-10 minutes, and then remove with warm or cold water as you want.
Finally, apply your favorite moisturizer.