Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G. Om PrakashamYour feedback matters!
Hi, I wear glasses since I was 12 year and because of it I have dark circles under my eye. What should I do?
Hello doctors! I have a lump right underneath my sternum. It has light pain when I push on it. Could this be a hiatus hernia? Please help! I also have pelvic pain. Thank you!
I have black spot in face and pimples. Day bh day they are increasing and my face is become oily. Please send me the name of medicine early. And my friend has also same problem.
My lips are extra dry. So I keep on coating vaseline on my lips many times. Is it gonna harm my lips?
Hi doctor ! I am using melacream on my face used 20 days it self . I stopped 1 weak ago when I using that got good result and looking great . But now got dell face and in near eyes side both side some black skin came please suggest me what should I do . Or tell any alternative cream but I want good result .
Hi Doctor, This is mayuri 27 years old female. I have serious problem of dark circles around my eyes it bothers me very much. I have tried almost many things to get rid of it. I hope you will suggest me something that will work. Kindly help me. Thankyou.
Hi am 19years old and I had chicken pox in 2006 when I was 11 year old still the some marks are there and some sacres also remain as it was. To get rid of this what can I do.
I a am 20 years old boy, I have seen my skin that that became darker on the forehead compared to other areas of the face, is it a skin tan? If it is can you suggest me a solution or treat ment to cure this?
Hello sir, I am hritik from delhi some 2 yeArs ago my skin is glowing skin but now a days I have dark ann dull face I have try many types of products but no result is I have seen and I have dark circles under eyes also I have problem of Constipation so what can I do.
I am suffering from dad/exima type on hip and dono jangho ke sides me bahut dino se ho jata hai .medicine leta hu to thik rahta hai .chhod dene ke bad fir ho jata hai. Please aap koi achhi dawai bata do.
HiI am 22 years old. I want to know that how to remove the darkness on the body, body likes back foot, stomach etc. Pls suggested me. Thank you.
I am 20 yrears old. How can remove my dark circles. Always I will be work on system is that the reason that im getting dark circles near my eyes please help me out to remove this dark circles.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult a surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.