Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. G. Om PrakashamYour feedback matters!
What medicine should I take for oily skin. It makes my skin look dull. I get pimples also. Right now I'm taking berberis aqua q, 10. And applying calendula cream. And for pimples what cream should I use?
Hi I am 23 old and I am suffering from blackish below the eyes after I take too much rest also will any one help me.
Sir my mummy has a pale in her face before she became aged she is just of 42, she tried lots of skin cream but she not get any good effect to her face yet. So kindly suggest me a natural home made cream to cure from this problem.
I am 19 years old. I have a problem of black spot under my eyes. Please help me to solve my problem.
My son was having double pneumonia at the age of 2 months, doctors gave heavy medication and he became hearing impaired, His current age is 30 yrs, he can speak but cannot listen up to 120 decibels. Around 6-7 years back at his age of 23 , he developed "fat glands" (Lumpy Glands ) all over his body .We did MRI and CT scan and we have been told that it is a fat gland .Some doctors says it is neurofibromatosis and some says it is Lipoma and is not curable. My query is whether there is any co-relation with his pneumonia with hearing impairedness and fat gland, whether it is curable, if yes how and from where I can get the treatment and if NO what precaution should be taken to stop growth of further "fat glands"
There r lots of dark spots on my face and my face colour is dark I wants to lighten my face skin colour will you suggest me what I have to do for the same.
Can we clear that large number of holes on my face by any treatment. Is their any solution not only in homeopathy also in english medical treatment too.
Hi doctors my name is vijay and I have an oily skin and as I play tennis and because of the over sweat I get an oily skin. THere are any natural remedies other than just washing my face often and I have to prevent it permanently cause I look horrible if my face looks in a oily way.
Sir my skin got becomes darker and darker. How to solve the problem by taking which medicines or tablets?
Hi i am 18 years old and I have a blackness on my face. Can you give me a name of soap to use daily for fairness. My skin is dry please help me.
Hello Doctor, Can I apply dahi and haldi face pack everyday on my face. Any side effects? Is it OK to apply every day.
I am suffering from some skin problem ie. Oily skin, black head,&blackness so what should I do sir? please advise me thanks.
My father suffered bleeding this morning from anus. It was quiet a bit of blood. He did not complaint about any pain or bleeding before. What might be the cause. He is 67 years old.
I am 25 year old male. When I have travelled on bile 70-100 km, next day in blooding in bathroom after motion. Please guide.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.