Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. G.DhamodaranYour feedback matters!
Sir When I use Computer and smart phone then my eyes becomes red and I feel burning .I met with Dr. they say it is due to dryness of eyes. This problem is from one year please suggest treatment.
I have some problem from my eye. At night, when I go to walking I unable to see anything? What I do?
I am 21 years old I have a problem of eye sight I can't able you see without glasses. Is their any cure by natural methods.
Sometimes I felt right eye bal pain and right eye brow also that time I felt vomiting sometimes I did vomit als o may I know the reason.
I hve a problem in my lft hnd. In hnd hve so much pain nd it can not pick any obejct r material nd send in my eyes always red.
At morning I am not feeling well. Some shadows appearing in front of eyes. I can not look at brightness. Is it sign of migraine. How it can be treated?
I am 43 year old, having eye problem, close distance I couldn't read properly, how I can do? did you have medicine, too see close letter reading properly.
How to improve my eye power Some of d doctors said me I should were the glass till my life ends But I don't like to were my glass is there any way to cure my problem.
Mere eye me problem has 1 2 mahine se. Najdik ki bastu saph najar aati hair par duri ka bastu dhundhla najar aata hai.
I have weak eye sight and I want to join army so please tell me the solution to regain the sharpness of my eye.
My eyes squint basically left eye Whenever I try to look upwards it is blur with specs I just had my eye check up my glasses prescription increased I can see clearly But whenever I look upwards it is blur and that time my eye squints. What do I do? Is there any exercise?
Sir, actually meri eyes weak hai or no. Bhi badh raha hai, mujhe lagta hai sayad ye mere regular mobile or laptop use Karne ki wajah se hai, sir suggest me ki me kya karu ya kya khaun jisse no. Stop kiya ja sake.
I have eye and nose allergy problem. I have used after recommendation of Lybrate doctors medicine like olopat eye drop, refresh tears along with montek LC tablet but have not cured this problem. My nose is still runny and eyes are itching a lot. please suggest me some quality medicine which can cure my problem permanently.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.