Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. FloraYour feedback matters!
I often here that root canal causes problems in long term. I see some incidents in western where countries lead into Cancer. Is this incidents caused due to wrongly done root canal? Kindly correct me if I'm wrong here.
My Daughter is 3.5 year old. But most of the teeth have cavity, some of them got damaged from sides also. Please suggest what we should do in his case.
I want to remove two teeth and set four teeth in place of two. Approximately how much cost is required for it.
I am 24 years old and I am having problem in my mouth and gums. While doing brush blood is been seen daily.
How to get straight and small teeth. My teeth looks big and it's not straighten please suggest me best tips. Thank you.
As Dentist suggestion I want to extract almost all the tooths in mouth due to bone problem. My question is after extraction it is possible to implant all tooths within short period or it will take time. Because after extraction I cannot go for work also as I am 32 years old. Please suggest.
My front teeth gums are getting down with yellowish colour in it. I don't know what it is. When I asked my elders they are saying to massage on regular basis.
I have bleeding gums problem for last 3 years. 1st I ignored but I realized that it is a serious problem. Can you give me a solution Please?
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.
Hi, I have some pink coloured gum type filling in one of my upper teeth used for chewing (maybe its called molars) its not painful but why the gum or say the mouth skin has gone inside it?
Dear Sir, My daughter is 13 years old, suffering from toothache and swelling around the same as it coming out. Is it safe to give zerodol-p? Regards.
Hello, I had 18 years old , my teeth became light yellow colour. So can you please tell me how can I get my teeth white or the best toothpaste to get my teeth to look like crystal clear.
I am 19 and I am getting tooth ache problems often no cavities. What's the reason. What can be done?
Brushing is a daily routine of everyone’s life.Many among us do not know how to brush the teeth in correct manner.There are many aspects other than brushing alone which cannot be overlooked.
There are several methods and techniques which are recommended by the dentist for tooth brushing.Some of them are,
A. Charter method B. Bass method C. Stillman method D. Fones method.
These are meant for particular cases depending on his/her oral condition. Though these techniques are not meant for every individual there are certain common mistakes we must avoid while doing brushing. Today I will tell you the most common mistakes we make while brushing,
1) The wrong angle:
The angle of the brush should be 45 degree to the gum line for to have greater efficiency in cleaning. This angle ensures the safe brushing without wearing of tooth and injuries to gums.This is the first step.
Second step is moving the brush on vertical (upside down/downside upward) cleans the food debris between the two teeth. Horizontal rubbing to the front surface of tooth leads to faster tooth loss and less efficient cleaning.Repeat the same direction from both the surfaces of all the teeth.
2)The time spent on brushing:
Ideal time for to spend on brushing is 3 to 7 minutes. In less than 3 minutes the hard plaque( food debris) doesn’t get soften enough to get removed by brush. Tooth paste have softening agent in it which requires at least 3 minutes to act on the food ruminants inside our mouth.
3)The Wrong Consistency Of Brush:
Have you ever looked for the consistencies while buying your tooth brush? Hard,Medium,Soft,Ultra soft. These are written on the tooth brush.Depending on your gum and teeth condition your dentist will advise you to use appropriate consistency. Using wrong consistency can injure your gums and teeth.Too hard brush will damage your gums and too soft will not do efficient cleaning.
4)Using same brush for months:
Do not get too attached to your tooth brush, change it periodically. If your tooth brush gets worn before two to 3 months it means you are too hard on your teeth. Change your brush every 3 to 4 months. If you follow the ideal protocol and correct brushing technique your brush should last for 3 months.
5)Not Cleaning your tongue :
Tongue cleaning is the last but one of the important part of your oral hygiene maintenance.
You can clean your tongue either by brush by giving soft strokes on the tongue or you can buy the tongue cleaner available in the market.Being a soft and rough texture it becomes good habitat for the bacteria.