Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. FathimaYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant since last 6 weeks and ultrasound report says single intrauterine pregnancy of about 6 weeks 4 days gestational age without cardiac activity then what can I do please suggest me as soon as possible.
I am 25 year old guy I had gud sex life but from when my gf when to home for preparing for exam m not having sex and not getting any erectile energy from past 1 month there is no blood feeling in my penis vessels, I mean I try to mastrubate my self but it not getting tight, like dis never happened before n now m worried. Please help me.
Hi, My son is 13 months now. I still breast feed him. My query is: For the first 3 months after delivery he used to latch both my breast for milk. Later I found it easier holding him and feeding on the left breast. After 3 months I only gave him left breast for latching. Yesterday when he was latching milk he saw my right breast and wanted to drink milk from the right breast however I was a little skeptical and dint offer the right side milk as its one year. When I checked there is still milk coming from right breast as well. Can I squeeze a lot of milk from the right breast for may be a week and then can I give him the right side breast milk as well.
I am 30 year old lady with PCOD. I got pregnant with my second child. My LMP - 8/2/2016. My HCG levels are: 187, 875, 1675, 6116, 9944, 15980 (taken on 11/4/2016). My u/s so far shows only a gestational sac 15 mm. The latest taken yesterday did show a small white spec inside the sac. My Dr. says 75% miscarriage. Since my HCG is increasing, she has asked me to wait. I do not have any signs of bleeding.
Hi ab mujhe full hat pair dard hore kamar k upar wale side may full dard hora full weakness dikhre aur fever aye jaisa dekhra ar hum ne fever k tablet bhi leta hun but phir bhi kaam ni hora aur pet may left wale side may bhi dard hora aur mere date 1 ko hi thi iska kya matlab h main pregnant hun aur kya my date say phele test kar sakhte hun toh mujhe pata chalega ki may pregnant hun ya nai ?.
Hi, What could be the reason for the gestational sac slow development during pregnancy. I went to Doctor during the 10th week and the sac measured around 5 cm but there was no development of the baby nor was the baby's heartbeat heard. Which lead to a miscarriage later. Could there be anything that can be done to prevent any chances of miscarriage for a second time?
I want to adopt a baby girl as early as I can. Can any doctor in punjab help me for this. Can anyone tell me how early it is possible to happen. What process I have to follow. Where can I register for earliest. As I have lost my daughter yesterday and my husband is too much mentally disturbed. He does not want to tell anyone about this and want a adouted girl to be there daughter at the same place.
My wife delivered twins by normal delivery before one and half month. Now we do not need another child for 3 years. Except condom what are the way of taking protection. We want to have unprotected sex. Please reply.
Respected doctors I am 30 weeks pregnant with twins. I have done growth scan at 28 weeks and everything was fine. It showed fluid is adequate. But from last 2-3 days my panty remains wet always. I am tensed that weather it is normal or fluid is leaking. please guide me. What I am supposed to do in this situation? please guide.
In april I got periods on 14th .and in may its 10 days early i.e on 4th may .and in june its still not. I hd protected sex with my bf. And urine pregnancy test is negative. I have taken ipill when I hd sex thats 5 months back .whats the problem.
I am 28 years old women I have completed three month from my delivery and my doctor suggested to have a Copper. T to avoid pregnancy. I have got so many comments from peoples but am still confused could you please suggest can I have copper. T?Is it safe? Note please suggest me if weight gain will the there after having copper. T bcoz I don't want to take in thts case because I have already gained so much weight during pregnancy. Also confirm me if that will produce body heat? Will it suits for all kind?
Abdominal massage with cinnamon and ginger infused oil is effective to lessen the cramps pain and provide relief during menstruation.
Hi doc, I am having pcods. My last period was on 30th Jan. 2 days before I had prolactin test and it was 8.54 my doc suggested me to wait for 15 days and take pregnancy test. Are there any chances of me getting pregnant I am so excited please help me.
Till how many days the bleeding persists after taking unwanted 72. My friend had intercourse with her GF during 2nd day of her periods and she has taken the pill within 24 hrs, the periods stopped after 2 days but after 4-5 days she experienced bleeding and it is still continue even after 4 days. Bleeding is not decreasing and remaining same in a amount from last 4 days. Please guide on this ASAP.
Hi. I'm 20. I last had my mc on 5th July and after that I got my periods on today (26th sep) it's almost 2 months, 20 days late. I had used some homeo medicines prescribed by my doctor but I don't had my periods so I had taken the primolut n on 21st sep and I finally got my periods today. So is there any problem? I always had irregular periods almost 15 days r one week late from the actual late but this time it was 2 months late. I'm scared that if I have any pcod problem? Or other problems? Should I consult a doctor regarding this problem. Actually my health was not good from 1 and hlf year so my homeo doctor suggested me this is bcoz of my weakness in the body but I'm little scared.
My wife tells that she use to get white discharge before a week of getting her periods. Why it's happening like that? Please help we are trying for a baby. But still periods haven't come.
I am a 36 years old mother of two children. For last one year I am facing the problem of loose vagina which is affecting my marital life. I also face problem in controlling urine. I tried kegels but in vain. Can I use tightening gels? Please suggest something which will not require going to a doctor.
A collection of symptoms typically occurring between ovulation and menses (discharge of blood and from the uterus) is defined as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Premenstrual syndrome symptoms can either be physical or emotional.
Physical symptoms and signs include:
- Muscle or joint pain
- Weight gain due to fluid retention
- Bloated abdomen
- Breast tenderness
- Acne breakouts
- Diarrhoea or constipation
While other behavioural and emotional symptoms include:
- Anxiety or tension
- Depressed mood
- Crying spells
- Anger or irritability and mood swings
- Food cravings and appetite changes
- Social withdrawal
- Poor concentration
Causes: The exact cause of PMS is unknown. But there are several contributing factors, such as:
- Cyclic hormonal changes: The hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate a lot while preparing for a normal menstrual cycle. This fluctuation causes some of the symptoms of PMS.
- Chemical changes: The fluctuation of serotonin, a kind of neurotransmitter (brain chemical), affects the mood, which causes some of the emotional symptoms of PMS. For instance, insufficient serotonin triggers premenstrual depression, insomnia, food cravings and fatigue.
- Depression: If the PMS symptoms are severe, depression could be the underlying cause, though it doesn't usually trigger all of the symptoms.
Treatment: There is no permanent cure for PMS, but a few lifestyle changes and home remedies can work very well for you. Some treatment options include:
- To ease abdominal bloating, drink lots of fluids
- Eat a balanced diet comprised of plenty of vegetables and fruits. Reduce your alcohol, caffeine, salt and sugar intake.
- You can take supplements such as magnesium, calcium, vitamin B-6 and folic acid to reduce mood swings and cramps.
- Take vitamin D supplements to relieve symptoms
- Sleep for at least eight hours in the night to counter fatigue
- Exercise to improve your emotional health and reduce bloating
- Try to reduce your stress as much as you can; read a book or walk to relieve some stress.
Besides, these lifestyle changes, you can take over-the-counter medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen to reduce stomach cramps, muscles aches and headaches. Diuretics (drugs that increase urination) are excellent treatments for bloating and fluid retention. However, consult your doctor before consuming any medication or supplement. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Oxygen is necessary to rejuvenate aging and dull skin. Oxygen facial therapy opens all clogged pores of your face through all the layers. It helps to reduce and eliminate problems like wrinkles, fine lines and acne. Oxygen facial therapy gets the skin on your face to breathe and makes it radiant. Following is the information you need to know to consider Oxygen facial therapy:
- The Oxygen levels tend to drop since the age of 25 and by 40 at least 50% of the skin's Oxygen retaining capacity gets impaired. When the skin lacks Oxygen the blood vessels get constricted and it adversely affects the skin's ability to function normally.
- Dull and aging skin can't be covered up with makeup or following skin care regimen after a certain point of time. Stress, lack of sleep, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyles etc can take a toll on your skin.
Benefits of Oxygen facial therapy
- Oxygen facial therapy can increase the benefits of other topical application of skin care products exponentially
- It increases the elasticity of the skin along with the strength of collagen
- It increases the number of red blood cells
- It makes your skin more supple and radiant
- It acts as a stimulator for the immune system
- Aids in restricting capillary damage and increases blood flow
- Increases the ability of the skin to heal
- Gives you an even skin tone
- Diminishes inflammation and reddish appearance of the skin
- Helps to heal wounds on the skin
Related Tip: "Which Kind of Clothing Lets Your Skin Breathe?"